[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

39 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@JoE Smash I'm already actively dealing with that as addressed in the OPT Spaceplane thread with someone else. ;) The next OPT Legacy release will contain the fix and avail the new returning cockpit model shown in my screenshots there.

Oh sorry m8. I was too busy to back read....I need to go to bed not post or play KSP lol....

@JadeOfMaar, okay, I have an odd request. I've been working on a small atmospheric plane I can mount on the nose of a rocket for exploring Duna, Eve, etc.. and I'd like to use the high end electric engines, but I need to put them on wings so I can have a center mounting point at the aft. But, it's too small to warrant to mark 2 profile engines.

In short, it'd be neat to have a couple smaller engines for small atmospheric probes and planes!

Okay, I can't for the life of me figure out how to add a new fuel type to the the parts with this modlet.

Could someone please help me out? I am trying to add Liquid Ammonia to the fuel tanks, so I can use it with KSPI-E engines.

In the OPT_WBI.cfg file I have tried adding this near the top...

OPT_TEMPLATE:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{
    name = LqdAmmonia
    author = JadeOfMaar
    shortName = LqdAmmonia
    logoPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Decals/LiquidFuel
    glowPanel = WildBlueIndustries/000WildBlueTools/Decals/LiquidFuelGlow
    description = This kit stores only LqdAmmonia, required by OPT's mighty air-breathing engines and the Legacy ARI-73 rocket engine.
    templateTags = stowage
    RESOURCE
    {
        name = LqdAmmonia
        amount = 1800
        maxAmount = 1800
    }
}

and adding...

!RESOURCE[LqdAmmonia] {}

to relevant parts, but still no Liquid Ammonia.

I can't find any help for adding fuels on the Wild Blue Industries mod page(s) either.

Thanks for any help offered!

OPT Reconfig release 1.2.2

• This release is actually intact unlike the others. I swear. :blush:
  • WBI config
    • Added Dark Goo generator to DocSci templates, available to any lab that uses WBI lab templates
    • Added Dark Goo generator to OmniConverters
    • Added Battery tank option to parallel the one provided by B9PS
    • Added OmniStorage to all parts (add and balance all the resources you like in one part!)
    • Fixed missing options in H + Humpback cabins
  • Fixed plumes (again?) in J-92 Nebula engine
  • Fixed bulkhead profile in HAE-02 Mk2 engine
  • (Re)added Science Box storage for Dark Goo

OPT Legacy release 1.1.1

• Fixed RCS in Legacy K cockpits
  • Renamed 2.5m ILS cockpit to fix repeat part name issue and part icon spam in the tech tree
  • Fixed bulkhead profile in WarpJet SAGE engine
  • Fixed 2.5m ISP cockpit problem (now there's a new/returning part: the ISP Cockpit Legacy)
  • Added missing surface attach for Stail Fairing Monopropellant Tank

:: DOWNLOAD RECONFIG ::

:: DOWNLOAD LEGACY ::

isnt OPT not updated for 1.4.4? is there a 3rd party update of OPT, the standard version, not legacy, that works with 1.4.4, or should i just use the 1.3.0 version? i tried lookign around but i didnt find any 1.4.4 download for OPT. 

@123nick This mod is technically that 3rd party update. OPT is simply a parts pack, with no plugin inside so technically it will always work. But officially I use 1.4.3 and will not actually support 1.4.4, and possibly not 1.4.5 either. Also, I currently don't plan to fix/remake existing models.

I have my reasons for not taking over OPT directly/completely.

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

@123nick This mod is technically that 3rd party update. OPT is simply a parts pack, with no plugin inside so technically it will always work. But officially I use 1.4.3 and will not actually support 1.4.4, and possibly not 1.4.5 either. Also, I currently don't plan to fix/remake existing models.

I have my reasons for not taking over OPT directly/completely.

thanks for the reply, although it was made for 1.4.3, i assume it will still work mostly ok with 1.4.4, right? 

Edited by 123nick

I'm running 1.4.4 and haven't had any issues.. other than trying to figure out how to properly design a spaceplane. You know, rather than just adding more engines. Might as well be a rocket if I do that.

I am sort of wondering if there's some politics I missed. Seems a lot of modders aren't supporting 1.4.4.

@AmpCat Whatever is going on inside Squad is showing pretty clearly with the string of frequent, half-baked KSP releases. 1.4.1 came 2 weeks after 1.4.0; 1.4.2 had a few major bugs of its own; 1.4.4 breaks Kerbal Konstructs and honestly has nothing in it that's worthwhile for players to grab it for; 1.4.5 is also coming very fast and contains features that were forgotten in, or couldn't be finished in time for 1.4.4, meaning 1.4.4 was also a serious rush job.

I'd say the mod-makers are getting fed up with this and with unknowing players coming and harassing them for updates every single KSP release.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

A little off-topic, but I wonder if this is related to the acquisiton. More pressure to release stuff? I think the new content was pretty good, personally.. but obviously rushed. More buggy than normal :p

On 7/23/2018 at 11:59 PM, AmpCat said:

A little off-topic, but I wonder if this is related to the acquisiton. More pressure to release stuff? I think the new content was pretty good, personally.. but obviously rushed. More buggy than normal :p

It's possible. Sounds like a typical business practice.

23 hours ago, Janu Hull said:

Is there any way to override the changes to the Dark Goo engine?   I understand your reasons for changing it, but I enjoyed the original as an endgame engine.  

Delete MainEngines_DarkDrive.cfg. I use that engine sparingly enough that I share your sentiment entirely. Expect any craft in-flight with these changes to cause a problem or to quietly vanish afterward. The resource definitions are in this file and their absence will cause nulls.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:50 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

@AmpCat Whatever is going on inside Squad is showing pretty clearly with the string of frequent, half-baked KSP releases. 1.4.1 came 2 weeks after 1.4.0; 1.4.2 had a few major bugs of its own; 1.4.4 breaks Kerbal Konstructs and honestly has nothing in it that's worthwhile for players to grab it for; 1.4.5 is also coming very fast and contains features that were forgotten in, or couldn't be finished in time for 1.4.4, meaning 1.4.4 was also a serious rush job.

I'd say the mod-makers are getting fed up with this and with unknowing players coming and harassing them for updates every single KSP release.

My response is also a bit off-topic, but KSP minor releases have pretty much always come closely on top of each other... generally capping within a month or two after the major release. IIRC,  1.0.1 and 1.0.2 came on the SAME DAY... or at least within a couple days of each other...
IMHO, this is a good thing. Yes, it upsets some modders. Most experienced modders know this has generally always been the case, and the smart ones generally wait a month or so after a major release, while the minors come fast and furious... (even smarter modders, generally avoid and stay off the forums during this time, so they dont have to read all the posts begging for updates).

Yes, some modders have gotten sick of constant updates to KSP, and have backed off, or quit modding because of it. But what are ya gonna do?

At least with the minors coming decently quickly (within maybe a couple months of the major), its actually LESS likely to surprise and upset modders who've just spent time gettina a mod working with a minor, then get hit with another that they have to make major changes for.

IIRC, there;s never been more than an x.x.5 minor release... and IIRC, the longest time between releases was between 1.3.1 and 1.4.0... so this "flurry" of releases may seem new to newer players, but its actually been the "norm" for KSP for the longest time.

I would also say, as far as any difference the "acquisition" has had, has been maybe to slow things down for a bit? vOv
but i wouldnt read much into the handover having anything to do with releasing updates. (Well, maybe in the quality control of the releases, but prolly not much else)

Edited by Stone Blue

@Stone Blue I don't feel too strongly about the frequent KSP updates, and it's a good thing when wise modders stand back and wait for Squad's dust storm of updates to die down...but the climate of the forum has changed...Or my eyes have opened to it in the short time since I became a mod-maker. And it's not a pretty sight that I see, especially when you add the chaos concerning Take Two and Making History, and a certain other factor...

What I'm going to do... will not be shared here. :ph34r: It may draw attention I don't need.

No, there hasn't been a patch greater than 5. But we will see. This time around. :ph34r:

@JadeOfMaar, getting a bug with a few OPT parts (in this case, the large pylon), where it has a 'Manage Operations' button, but when I click on it, I just get an empty window that I can't close, and obviously, no way to select a fuel or something either. There was another part that did this, but I forgot which it was. If I run across it again, I'll note it. I do have Wild Blue Industries installed.

Oh, the other part was.. basically any other WBI part with a 'Manage Operations' button, so it might not be your mod that's doing this. Other than manually installing 1 (out of around 100) mods at a time, not sure the best way to try and troubleshoot this one for you.