[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@AmpCat That's out of my hands, and someone mentioned it in one of the WBI threads. Install an older version of Wild Blue Tools to cure it.

I did one better, I uninstalled it! MUHAHAHA!

Another slightly off topic question, but related to planes: Have you anything like lighter than air craft? I'm about to start working with your lifting fans and see what I can do with those.

13 minutes ago, AmpCat said:

I did one better, I uninstalled it! MUHAHAHA!

Another slightly off topic question, but related to planes: Have you anything like lighter than air craft? I'm about to start working with your lifting fans and see what I can do with those.

Heh... How aboot this?

If this'll do, it'll reinstall WBI... lol

Built-in radiators? How about yes. (At someone's request, somewhere).

Applies to all cargo and hollow bays but not the ramps/cargo tails. Currently their ratings are 300W, 400W, 800W + will cool all vessel.

The J and Stail parts (by KSP's logic) will hold the least amount of heat absorbed from other parts and will saturate the quickest. Those will need the most help from discreet radiator parts but it shouldn't be too bad.

lRUFyhj.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

OPT Reconfig 1.2.3 for KSP 1.4.5

• Added missing science container and Crew Report experiment to J boarding ramp and J rear hatch
  • Moved HAE-02 Mk2 engine to Aerospace Tech in tech tree
  • Buffed WBI battery storage capacity (x4)
  • Removed erroneous calls for OPT Legacy
  • Removed erroneous references to IntakeAtm when in Classic Stock mode and Community Resource Pack not installed
  • OPT parts will gain/use Atmosphere resource and not IntakeAtm simply if Pathfinder is installed
  • Added radiators to all cargo bays and hollow fuselage except ramps/tails
  • Remove second lift surface module from a 2.5m cockpit

:: DOWNLOAD ::

12 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

OPT Reconfig 1.2.3 for KSP 1.4.5

• Added missing science container and Crew Report experiment to J boarding ramp and J rear hatch
  • Moved HAE-02 Mk2 engine to Aerospace Tech in tech tree
  • Buffed WBI battery storage capacity (x4)
  • Removed erroneous calls for OPT Legacy
  • Removed erroneous references to IntakeAtm when in Classic Stock mode and Community Resource Pack not installed
  • OPT parts will gain/use Atmosphere resource and not IntakeAtm simply if Pathfinder is installed
  • Added radiators to all cargo bays and hollow fuselage except ramps/tails
  • Remove second lift surface module from a 2.5m cockpit

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Thank you @JadeOfMaar!

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Humpback tail cargo ramp bugged? if I try to use it, my spaceplane is launched 2km above the runway, and the camera shakes non-stop, while I fly it. Even if I get it into space, the shaking increases with my speed, and when I try to use regular time warp, the game says, that I can't do that, while flying over terrain. 

@kalmor The Humpback cargo ramp is bugged and causes the 1km bug (in addition to another thing which leads to harmless log spam so I never use it) but I've never heard of this with any OPT part. In any case, sadly i must recommend you to never use that part, just because of the log spam.

Hi, JadeOfMaar! Thanks for keeping this mod updated, I wouldnt consider playing KSP without it. I have one question about max temp numbers - some cockpits have 2706 C, some have far less - like 1350 C, even inside one category (2.5m cockpits for example). Do I do something wrong (I have heavily modded install) or it is done for purpose?

Quickly checked parts' configs - looks like they are all have skin temperatures higher than 2700 C. Please confirm, so I will look for mods' conflicts.

UPD - checked the fresh install - temps are way higher, as they are listed in part configs. I will investigate conflicting mods tomorrow and will let you know.

UPD 2 - Deadly reentry does change skin temp values for OPT parts. Will go and ask in DRE tread.

UPD 3 - I have updated DRE config, so now OPT parts are useful again. It could be found in DRE tread.

Edited by pr4ger

@JadeOfMaar, is it intentional that OPT Spaceplane Cockpits don't have LqdH2 / Hydrolox but do have LF, LFOx and Ox options for tanks?

Also, Lithium tanks are way too small on OPT parts (e.g. OPT J 4m Fuel tank can store only 2520 Lithium, but LFT-A20 from Near Future Propulsion (2.5m diameter and a bit shorter than 4m -- it can fit inside J-sized cargo bay) stores 17600)

@NHunter Yeah, the cockpits aren't meant to hold cryofuels. I thought it odd to allow that there. Most propellants have the same "units per volume" value because that's usually how it is with B9 tank types. I've never tested the Lithium tank type to see if it was insufficient.

Edit: Ohh I just saw the post right above me :) I'm wondering if its related in some way?

doing a fresh install of both opt packs through ckan and have found a strange hiccup in the install hierarchy. Its probably appropriate in another thread too. but, it in turn, relates to the OPT that requires this reconfig I think. maybe its best here. anyways..

Doing a fresh install of OPT(MM is already installed along with a few basics noted at the bottom of this post, all I'm doing is 'check' both opt parts packs. OPTv2.0.1 requires firesplitter, and the updated with reconfig OPTfor1.4+ requires b9PartSwitch. So far we are still on the same page right? 

Now..firesplitter has its own resource config thing but it doesnt really matter(see why down below). So at this point we can start ksp and B9PartSwitch will error and crash KSP because of missing the "Lithium" definition...which is blowing my mind...because there's nothing that uses lithium in OPT..or stockksp...so why is B9 error crashing?? Its so weird!

So..Installing CommunityResourcePack resolves this issue. CRP has the firesplitter resource config as a dependency(but it only adds FSCoolant it looks like, so this dependency doesn't matter in this case)

this is also after clearing my steam folder of the KSP folder and doing a fresh install of ksp1.4.5

the only other mods I have installed besides that..is WorldStabilizer, TexturesUnlimited, JanitorsCloset, ClickthroughBlocker, FilterExtensions and none of these should be messing with B9PS

Edited by Jesusthebird

Hi @JadeOfMaar,

Found kinda game breaking issue with this mod.

In OPT_WBI.cfg:

// Add OPT labs to WBI experiment whitelist
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION:HAS[#id[WBI*]]:NEEDS[Pathfinder]
{
    requiredPart = OPT J Mobile Lab LP3
    requiredPart = OPT 'Stail' Class Mobile Processing Lab LP3
}

This part of config makes your Pathfinder base to have one of 2 labs as requirement to run Pathfinder experiments. I removed this part of config and OPT Labs still can run all Pathfinder experiments. I think you can remove it for next update.

@Angel-125 can maybe comment on this if will read this topic.

Can you take a look at the wings in OPT legacy?

I noticed that using tweakscale on them does not alter the COL at all, while using the Delta Deluxe winglet does alter the COL. Then i opened the cfg files and I saw that squad made some changes to how they define wings, but i can't figure out what is what.

@Nicky21 The root of the issue may be that those wings contain both a lift surface and elevon control surface. Maybe Tweakscale doesn't like that. Also, note that the CoL for those are not in the center of the wing area, they are (with the part's origin) at the attach point, which complicates the use of them. By consequence it (and the aero overlay lines) won't move when you resize them.... But if, say, the CoL marker for the craft doesn't move when you resize them, that's a serious problem.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 2 weeks later...

When using the options to switch OPT tank in flight this also modifies the mass of said tank, thus increasing / decreasing DV. While I love the option of doing changes in flight, this is a good way to cheat some extra DV. Can you make sure the tanks have the same mass ?

@JadeOfMaar

I  installed both Mods OPT Reconfig and Legacy Manually because CKAN does not recognize those mods. I have reported it to the Developers of CKAN and am currently talking with one of them. It seems that CKAN reads ".dll" files to get the information on wither or not the Mod is compatible with KSP and it does not read ".version" files.

I have checked both ".version" files and these mods will work with KSP v1.4.5 all the way to KSP v1.4.9.

Even doing the Manual install CKAN does not "Auto-Detect" because there is no ".dll" files to read.

I'll let you know what comes of my talk with the Developers of CKAN. Just wanted to give a heads-up to all that use these Mods and other Mods that do not have a .dll file for CKAN to read.

28 minutes ago, Gryffen1971 said:

@JadeOfMaar

I  installed both Mods OPT Reconfig and Legacy Manually because CKAN does not recognize those mods. I have reported it to the Developers of CKAN and am currently talking with one of them. It seems that CKAN reads ".dll" files to get the information on wither or not the Mod is compatible with KSP and it does not read ".version" files.

I have checked both ".version" files and these mods will work with KSP v1.4.5 all the way to KSP v1.4.9.

Even doing the Manual install CKAN does not "Auto-Detect" because there is no ".dll" files to read.

I'll let you know what comes of my talk with the Developers of CKAN. Just wanted to give a heads-up to all that use these Mods and other Mods that do not have a .dll file for CKAN to read.

I have the same conversation with them regarding auto detect, .dll files and .version files. Hopefully they will write some code and catch up with the modders.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.