[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

Hey, @Northstar1989 OPT "Main" is the primary parts pack where the active and most modern, most versatile forms of the J and K spaceplane bodies are, and all parts in there are made only by the original dev, K.Yeon. Legacy is an archive of retired parts (obsolete forms of J and K) and an expansion pack (filled with parts added or directly tuned by the maintainers of OPT). Legacy also especially provides engines capable of efficient operation in extremely thick atmospheres and atmospheres without oxygen, and power sources to meet the demands of those engines. Legacy will also soon provide a wide host of engines for VTOL operations-- a very wide array of options for helping large spaceplanes land and takeoff more comfortably in difficult situations.

Legacy does not do anything to Main's balancing and feature sets. That's what Reconfig does: "Re...Config:" fix gameplay issues, add features, re-tune Main pack's engines.

Reconfig breaks OPT's ties with Firespitter, therefore, you can uninstall it, unless of course, you're using some other mod that requires Firespitter, namely Airplane Plus (for the prop engines) or USI's tank pack.

I have not added a description for OPT Legacy to my thread OP because anyone who's already familiar with OPT Legacy will already know what it is... a parts pack, and they will visit this thread because I post updates to Legacy.

If you install Legacy you must install Reconfig because all updated patches concerning either parts pack has been merged into Reconfig, leaving Legacy broken without it.

I hope I answered everything for you. :)

Hi, does anyone knows how to fix the "Ground Contact Error" for some of the OPT parts?

I tried using the OPT Humpback cargo ramp and it always caused the craft to spawn 1 km above the runway. Thanks!

Edited by jasperhome1998
formatting

20 minutes ago, jasperhome1998 said:

Hi, does anyone knows how to fix the "Ground Contact Error" for some of the OPT parts?

I tried using the OPT Humpback cargo ramp and it always caused the craft to spawn 1 km above the runway. Thanks!

Try installing this:

Hey guys. I played with the OPT before back before KSP 1.3.x

I am trying to make a fresh install of KSP 1.8.1 with breaking ground's to get the moving parts.

I am confused with the OPT mods mosaik. I see the "add-on" opt reconfig and legacy are updated but the original parts pack is for older KSP version. It is also filtered out by CKAN.

Can I play with OPT on KSP 1.8.1 with BG and with the reconfig (for USI LS)?

What do I need to install?

Welcome @Kermicki. The original (or "main") OPT still works, but you'll need the WorldStabilizer mod (linked above) for the issue that it's answering. You'll have to set your CKAN to allow older versions of KSP just to get OPT through CKAN, or install it manually (and do not install its included ModuleManager or Firespitter). These problems aside, OPT Main still works fine today.

24 minutes ago, Kermicki said:

I am confused with the OPT mods mosaik.

I explain this in the opening post:

It is an optional enhancement to OPT's "Main" package and it does nothing by itself, but it is required by OPT Legacy.

But also, I do not control OPT Main directly. I do control OPT Legacy which is retired parts and an expansion pack.

23 minutes ago, Kermicki said:

Can I play with OPT on KSP 1.8.1 with BG and with the reconfig (for USI LS)?

What do I need to install?

In short: Yes.

You will need to install OPT Main, OPT Reconfig (and its dependencies).

You don't need OPT Legacy unless you like the antique bodies or you want the power spheres or the exotic engines.

I've finally settled on a design for part upgrade icons. There will be a few more part upgrades to quest for as part of the coming major Reconfig update.

WdOYwnz.png

C63bmU2.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hi,

I have some kind of compatibility issue with OPT and kerbalism.
When Kerbalism is installed alongside OPT, everything from both mods works just fine except the OPT fuel tanks. They appear without any fuel in them and no options to choose one.
I tried uninstalling all my mods expect OPT : it works great.
Then I added mods back until I found a problem and I deduced that Kerbalism was the problem.
I tried installing only OPT and kerbalism and yeah.. same issue.
I'm running KSP 1.9.1 btw.

Can you help me figure it out please ?

@Mathis Chatard I play Kerbalism with OPT, but I also use KSPIE which provides its own fuel switcher, so I've had to remove tremendous amount of patches and edit some lines from OPT_Reconfig xD

If you provide your /Kerbal Space Program/Logs/ModuleManager/ModuleManager.log (zip, upload, lnk) - Maybe I would be able to help

Can someone provide me the main opt link? i found a main opt for 1.3, will that work? do i need CKAN to install this? im on version 1.8.1

If im wrong in any way please correct me and guide me to install this whole OPT, thanks in advance

Edited by baihaqima

1.3 is the main OPT link and upkeep is not being performed on the original OPT because the authors are not around.  You need it for the parts and the correct version of Reconfig to modify those parts to work better/correctly in version 1.8.1.

@Mathis Chatard  I guess, the problem is:

1805:[LOG 10:46:32.944] Deleting node in file OPT_Reconfig/OPT_B9PS subnode: @PART[jk_3m_adaptor|k_3m_fuelTank]/MODULE:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,!Pathfinder,!Kerbalism,!ModularFuelTanks,!RealFuels] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

This means that B9PartSwitch didn't apply, coz Kerbalism is installed
OPT_Reconfig/OTP_B9PS.cfg removes Firespitter dependancy, replacing it with B9Partswitch. If you delete it, and your OPT tanks will be handled by Firespitter (you have it installed)
If you want to use B9Partswitch for OPT tanks, you have to edit the file, removing every "!Kerbalism" but not "Kerbalism" in it.

@JadeOfMaar You might want to look into this, also, it's great that you keep OPT alive, appreciate that.

@Cosmonauth

I tried deleting OPT_B9PS :  creates an B9Partswitch fatal error on startup.
I deleted every !Kerbalism in OPT_B9PS : no crashes but the problem is still there :(

Then I tried replacing every !Kerbalism with Kerbalism and it works ! I can select every ressources (even waste and weird gases i don't know if that's normal) in my OPT fuel tanks. However I get a serious warning on startup.

https://imgur.com/fwyeT6G
How do I take care of it ? That looks scary.

@Mathis Chatard Holy thrust that does look scary indeed xD
It seems like my instructions were unclear, or your text editing skills aren't that good.
I've reproduced you issue, then I've edited OPT_B9PS.cfg, and bam!

screenshot30.png

To make some kind of excuse, I'll provide you with the file that actually works. Be warned it has different name than original file (to avoid confusion). Make sure you've deleted original OPT_B9PS.cfg before you start the game =)

Edited by Cosmonauth

4 hours ago, Mathis Chatard said:

However I get a serious warning on startup.

The NF Propulsion patch needs an inspection. Delete the portions that add the Xenon subtype, or delete that file if you don't use NF Propulsion. It and Kerbalism both add Xenon. I fixed these already but they're integrated into a bit of an overhaul of the B9 configs. If I share it now, I'll break more stuff. :P

On 5/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

Hey, @Northstar1989 OPT "Main" is the primary parts pack where the active and most modern, most versatile forms of the J and K spaceplane bodies are, and all parts in there are made only by the original dev, K.Yeon. Legacy is an archive of retired parts (obsolete forms of J and K) and an expansion pack (filled with parts added or directly tuned by the maintainers of OPT). Legacy also especially provides engines capable of efficient operation in extremely thick atmospheres and atmospheres without oxygen, and power sources to meet the demands of those engines. Legacy will also soon provide a wide host of engines for VTOL operations-- a very wide array of options for helping large spaceplanes land and takeoff more comfortably in difficult situations.

Legacy does not do anything to Main's balancing and feature sets. That's what Reconfig does: "Re...Config:" fix gameplay issues, add features, re-tune Main pack's engines.

Reconfig breaks OPT's ties with Firespitter, therefore, you can uninstall it, unless of course, you're using some other mod that requires Firespitter, namely Airplane Plus (for the prop engines) or USI's tank pack.

I have not added a description for OPT Legacy to my thread OP because anyone who's already familiar with OPT Legacy will already know what it is... a parts pack, and they will visit this thread because I post updates to Legacy.

If you install Legacy you must install Reconfig because all updated patches concerning either parts pack has been merged into Reconfig, leaving Legacy broken without it.

I hope I answered everything for you. :)

forgive me i need to ask to specify just a bit further on this one, if i install the main, the reconfig AND also legacy, is there likely gonna be any issues like part duplicates? or is there anything the main has that the legacy wont? or should i just stick with legacy + reconfig for 1.9.1??

7 hours ago, TH3P41NTR41N said:

forgive me i need to ask to specify just a bit further on this one, if i install the main, the reconfig AND also legacy, is there likely gonna be any issues like part duplicates? or is there anything the main has that the legacy wont? or should i just stick with legacy + reconfig for 1.9.1??

No... no part duplicates. Jade created and has been maintaining Legacy and Reconfig for so long now, other than mebbe occasional hiccups (usually caused by other mod conflicts or incorrect installs), all three of these mods should work seamlessly together.

Yes, Main has completely different parts than Legacy.

By request and with further help from someone on Discord, I nailed all the remaining Kerbalism problems and learned to buff the science storage capacity for the cockpits and drone cores.

* Screenshot taken in sandbox mode.

PZCD9e8.jpg

@JadeOfMaarany chance you could draw up some larger (1.875 and 2.5 meter) jet engines for this mod?

It's one of those features that REALLY should exist in Stock- but doesn't for some reason...

By the way, all the wing parts of the mods (Legacy and Main) are each in one folder- and deleting them won't cause any problems, right?  I play with B9 Procedural Wings and so pretty much never use any custom wing parts...

Would it be possible to get some science lab modules for the larger planes too! I love OPT its one of the things keeping KSP interesting for me. Would also love some new wings.

Hey @Northstar1989. :) I've been considering circular jet engines so yeah that can happen. Since OPT Main has the 2.5m Nebula Shcramjet I've been somewhat against making another typical 2.5m turbojet. But I've wanted a large circular WarpJet so a liquid turbojet will happen first (and with it).

Deleting the included wings won't cause any crippling effects. If you have no crafts that use them, you have nothing to lose, and Reconfig won't cause MM problems.

5 minutes ago, KIMCHI said:

Would also love some new wings.

Uh..... Funny you should mention that... (Album link)

WTcfDwM.png

Dude I love it! The Type C is my favorite wing and your concept is EXACTLY what I want. Love it! The only thing left is we need a good landing gear set. Keep up the good work my friend!

@KIMCHI I generally avoid any dealing with crewed parts for a few small reasons so I can't promise a K cabin or science lab. OPT has primarily leaned on the Kerbal Foundries set of airplane wheels, but something unique to OPT would be very nice. I can promise a tall nose wheel like what Skylon needs, but not as part of the coming release, and until I finish that one wheel, I can't promise a whole set of them.