[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

SVxViYf.png

OPT Reconfig
Supplies highly needed config files to keep OPT Spaceplane Parts | Continued useful and alive in the absence of the original modder, @K.Yeon and in the changing KSP gameplay landscape.

• It is an optional enhancement to OPT's "Main" package (V2.0.1) and it does nothing by itself.
  • It is required by OPT Legacy and by OPT Spaceplane Continued.

Do not use this:

• With my old modlets OPT_USI or OPT_WBI. They are now features of this mod.
  • With OPT Legacy v1.0.9 or lower.
  • If you have an OPT FAR config already. If you have one of these, delete it. This mod also contains an OPT FAR config. Both will run and will cause serious problems.

Required by OPT Legacy 1.1.0 or higher, and OPT Spaceplane Continued.

Required mods for this:

Required mods for IVA:

Supported Mods:

Recommend Extras:

What OPT Reconfig does:

• Adds a higher tech tree node than Experimental Aircraft Engines for the most OP of engines.
  • Makes all main pack engines less OP or keeps them OPbut makes them rightfully more challenging to use.
  • Makes the weaker engines stronger at reasonable cost.
  • Makes these exact changes to OPT Main's engines:
    • Buffs the Isp and doubles the thrust of J Aerospike, and gives it decent gimbal.
    • Makes the ARI-75 engine require EC to justify its higher vacuum Isp and gives it an instant-response second mode for vacuum lander-friendly use.
    • Makes the J-92 Shcramjet into dual-mode with the second mode as a proper EC-guzzling future scramjet that starts at Mach 4 and is useful in upscaled systems.
    • Makes the Dark Drive regenerate and require Dark Goo (as implied in its part description) and also serve as an RTG with half-life, and gives it 1 deg of gimbal. Related: equips the J science lab with a facility to produce Dark Science required to regenerate Dark Goo, and gives the stock Experiment Storage Unit some Dark Science tankage to avoid all Dark Drive equipped craft needing to have a J science lab.
    • Makes the HAE-02 Mk2 engine less thrusty.
  • Replaces dirty old Firespitter configs with B9 Part Switch and Wild Blue Tools (WBT) which make it much easier to add the tank types you want to all parts in OPT Main and Legacy).
  • Provides additional tank types if the following mods are found: CryoTanks, Near Future Propulsion.
  • Integrates USI, TAC or Snacks! (life support) through B9 Part Switch or Wild Blue Tools.
  • Integrates Kerbalism through its own mechanisms for crewed parts and B9 Part Switch for all other parts.
  • Delivers the OPT FAR config.

DOWNLOAD OPT SPACEPLANE CONTINUED :: SPACEDOCK

DOWNLOAD LEGACY :: SPACEDOCK :: GITHUB

DOWNLOAD RECONFIG :: SPACEDOCK :: GITHUB

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Just now, DracoSilverpath said:

Interesting mod! How will the moving of the engine to a new Tree Node effect how things are handled when using CTT?

After OPT's own config applies, OPT Reconfig applies, in sequence. There's nothing to worry about.

The README says "LICENSE - CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0"

but SpaceDock says "License: MIT"

Which is correct?

18 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:
  • Replaces dirty old Firespitter configs with B9 Part Switch and Wild Blue Tools (WBI) (much easier to add the tank types you want to all parts in OPT Main and Legacy)

Are those two mods required?

4 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Does this help with the engine efficiency and the crazy drag with some of the parts?

It raises the efficiency of only two engines (the ARI-75 vac Isp raised from 340 to 380, and the J Linear Aerospike by nearly as much). 

I haven't made any attempt to deal with the drag problem but I intend to.

4 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

The README says "LICENSE - CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0"

but SpaceDock says "License: MIT"

Which is correct?

-snip-

Are those two mods required?

I noticed that quickly enough and changed it to CC.

Yes, OPT Reconfig requires B9 Part Switch. And it recommends Community Resource Pack.

I've posted an OPT Legacy update now and allowed it to appear on CKAN. Feel free to make the following changes:

• "OPTSpacePlane" whatever is renamed to "OPT Spaceplane Parts" and whatever issues with it are cleaned up. (I'd be quite thankful. :) )
  • OPT Reconfig is required by OPT Spaceplane and OPT Legacy
  • Remove any references to Firespitter or Interstellar Fuel Switch.
Edited by JadeOfMaar

Hey @JadeOfMaar First of all, thanks for maintaining those mods :) I have a problem with the game telling me that:

"B9PartSwitch has encountered a fatal error and KSP needs to close

No tank type named 'OPTOX' exists"

There's no log, all my mods are the latest version, including both OPT and OPT legacy, and of course B9PartSwitch itself... Any idea from where it can come from? Thanks again :)  (and sorry for my clumsy english...)

3 hours ago, Rawenwarcrow said:

No tank type named 'OPTOX' exists"

There's no log, all my mods are the latest version, including both OPT and OPT legacy, and of course B9PartSwitch itself... Any idea from where it can come from? Thanks again :)  (and sorry for my clumsy english...)

You don't mention in your statement that you have OPT Reconfig installed. I have been error-free the entire time, even a few hours ago in KSP 1.3.1 and 1.4.2. I assume you have it since you're commenting here. What KSP version are you using?

18 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Hey is this OPT itself? OPT parts? Like a 1.4.2 version of OPT? Or is it like an addon?

It's just a config bundle. There will never be any parts in it. It causes OPT to be as if it was directly updated for 1.4.x

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It's just a config bundle. There will never be any parts in it. It causes OPT to be as if it was directly updated for 1.4.x

So, a silly question, why not just fork OPT and release a full update?  The license is CC-BY-NC-SA, so it would be allowed.

@linuxgurugamer I've ben entertaining the idea that th missing dev eventually might and will drop a big update and cause a (more) hairy situation. Otherwise, I simply don't feel ready to takeover OPT. I haven't yet learned to make a new part and finish it from scratch-- nevermind fix existing ones. I have another reason or two on top of that. :/ 

Release 1.0.2

• Removed dual WBI tank option on Stail docking port, adjusted legacy wing volume in B9PS
  • Fixed bad references to OPT Legacy (This might have kept provoking CryoTanks)

On 4/14/2018 at 1:58 PM, Modding Maniac said:

if its a problem with reconfig, cant the author just release it without the bugged thing?

In this case I found potential bug-causing things elsewhere, unexpected. Try this update.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Release 1.0.2

• Removed dual WBI tank option on Stail docking port, adjusted legacy wing volume in B9PS
  • Fixed bad references to OPT Legacy (This might have kept provoking CryoTanks)

In this case I found potential bug-causing things elsewhere, unexpected. Try this update.

thx, will attempt now

5 hours ago, Modding Maniac said:

still getting the fekkin error

It would be nice to have logs if they generated for you. KSP.log (in the main game folder) should be enough now in 1.4. I made sure to have every (other) needed mod installed while making my updates today. Sorry dude, I can't help you if there's no log.

19 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It would be nice to have logs if they generated for you. KSP.log (in the main game folder) should be enough now in 1.4. I made sure to have every (other) needed mod installed while making my updates today. Sorry dude, I can't help you if there's no log.

i have the logs, should i just post the whole thing here?

I just started modding yesterday. got Ckan first thing, got a list of mods but opt reconfig isn't on there for me, I barely know what i'm doing with the software but i have refreshed/updated the list & i don't know how to install it manually.

Also, This is probably be a stupid question but will i need the original opt as well as the legacy one?

2 hours ago, Bin-laden in a blender said:

got Ckan first thing, got a list of mods but opt reconfig isn't on there for me, I barely know what i'm doing with the software but i have refreshed/updated the list & i don't know how to install it manually.

Also, This is probably be a stupid question but will i need the original opt as well as the legacy one?

download OPT Reconfig then take the folder OPT_Reconfig ( GameData/OPT_Reconfig/ ) from in the zip and put it in the GameData folder in your KSP folder. Once it is there alongside the folders of Squad and everything you installed from CKAN, you installed it correctly.

OPT Legacy absolutely needs this but it is optional for Main OPT.

@JadeOfMaar

So I took your advice from the OPT thread on Saturday and installed OPT reconfig. I really like the changes, especially to the Aerospike, but I wanted to suggest an edit to the original post.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:37 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Do not use this with my modlets OPT_USI, OPT_WBI, or OPT Legacy v1.0.9 or lower

I think you should add to not use this with the original OPT_FAR patch as well. I didn't realize at first that I still had OPT_FAR in the OPT folder, and with OPT Reconfig installed (and thus OPT_FAR2) I experienced an issue where all OPT elevons caused crafts to be stuck by their CoM on spawn. It took me some digging to figure out what was going on as I originally thought it was WorldStabilizer causing the problem, but removing OPT_FAR seems to have fixed everything.

Thanks for all the work you do, the KSP community continues to amaze and impress me. :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.