[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

@Cochies Is this how the particles always are or is this your attempt to fix it?

Are you running KSP in DirectX11? If you are, it would be best that you remove the plume because it becomes very broken, and replacing it with nearly anything else makes the situation much worse.

@PART[opt_mk2_engine_short]:AFTER[OPT_Reconfig]
{
	@EFFECTS
	{
		@running_thrust
		{
			!MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE[flamethrust] {}
		}
	}
}

25 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Cochies Is this how the particles always are or is this your attempt to fix it?

Are you running KSP in DirectX11? If you are, it would be best that you remove the plume because it becomes very broken, and replacing it with nearly anything else makes the situation much worse.

@PART[opt_mk2_engine_short]:AFTER[OPT_Reconfig]
{
	@EFFECTS
	{
		@running_thrust
		{
			!MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE[flamethrust] {}
		}
	}
}

This is my attempt to fix it.
  Now it doesn’t look very good, but when I decrease "speed =" it will be better.
I think not a very good exhaust is better than no exhaust.
I'm not a modder, I do it for myself.

jh0xGaA.jpg

OPT Legacy 1.4.0

• Minor engine tuning. ARI engines assume they're in vacuum at 0.1% or 0.001 atm.
  • Fixed parts having obsolete category "Propulsion" to "FuelTank".
  • Fixed drag cubes in Avatar hollow parts. This made payload-bearing planes un-playable.
  • Fixed drag cubes for Humpback hollow parts.
  • Changed J-61 engine plume. It breaks in DirectX 11.
  • Fixed parts having invalid dragModelType = override setting. This causes horrific drag effects.
  • Changed the internal names of Avatar parts (formerly "Chimera") that had a "C" designation to "A" to be inline with all other Avatar parts. The Chimera instances are soft-deprecated to not break craft files.
  • Legacy wings: removed lift surface module (again); raised actuator speed.
  • Applied IVAs (either stock placeholder or closely-matching OPT IVA):
    • K Oulette and K TAV cockpit
  • Adjusted and normalized heat tolerances. Many in the Avatar and Stail family had > 3000K. Some other parts (mainly some cockpits) had only 1500K.
  • Resurrected Avatar Shuttle/Freight cockpit. With working docking node and hatch and ladder collider in cargo bay area. (No surface/top hatches. Sorry.)
  • Updated CCK config to exclude non-OPT parts like Breaking Ground's helicOPTer blades.

OPT Reconfig 1.6.0

• Minor engine tuning. ARI engines assume they're in vacuum at 0.1% or 0.001 atm.
  • Consolidated and compartmentalized Dark Goo ecosystem. It's now divided across less configs and is easier to delete and disable without breaking things, for players who don't like it.
  • Added Ioncross Crew Support (a life support mod favored by other maintainers of OPT Spaceplane). ( @Starwaster @Stone Blue )
  • Added buff for Kerbal Foundries: Adjustable Landing Gear. Enables them to endure the weights and heat loads of OPT spaceplanes.
  • Updated B9PS and WBI integration in accordance with release of Snacks: Air! and Stress!
  • Updated B9PS and WBI integration in accordance with internally renaming some Chimera parts and soft-deprecation to avoid breaking craft files. The only thing that can break is Tweakscale configs.
  • Fixed B9 tank types for NF Propulsion being declared regardless of NF Propulsion's presence.
  • Fixed tank volume balancing.
    • Avatar and K full tanks now hold double that of hollow tanks (9360 LF).
    • Bicouplers and tricoupler(s).
    • Avatar, K and Humpback adapters.
    • J and Stail to 2.5m adapters.
  • Fixed (removed) potential for BARIS module to add twice to science labs.
  • Fixed CRP IntakeAtm-for-all patch not working when planet does not have Oxygen.
  • Fixed syntax errors that break the OPT Power Spheres under WBI integration.
  • Fixed broken fusion fuel selection for OPT Power Spheres under WBI: Classic Mode.
    • Added several fusion fuel options to OPT Power Spheres under WBI: CRP Mode.
    • Options: Boron, Lithium, Lithium6, LqdDeuterium, LqdHe3, LqdHydrogen, LqdTritium.
    • Xenon option now fully treated as a fallback. Expect to be unable to use it in most cases.

DOWNLOAD - OPT Reconfig

DOWNLOAD - OPT Legacy

I'm on KSP 1.7.3 and have just installed the above latest code. How do I remove the hard dependency of having SnacksFreshAir? I'm getting the following MM error:

Module ModuleB9PartSwitch threw during OnLoad: System.Exception: Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part  ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field subtypes on type B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading fields on subtype PartSubtype OPTSnacksAir ---> System.Exception: Exception while loading field tankType on type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No tank type named 'OPTSnacksAir' exists

I have Snacks installed but haven't enabled the Air.CFG (the cfg that sets up the FreshAir/StaleAir resources).

Edited by bcqJC
typo

1 hour ago, bcqJC said:

I have Snacks installed but haven't enabled the Air.CFG (the cfg that sets up the FreshAir/StaleAir resources).

Hey, thanks for noticing that. That's a serious oversight, sorry. It's easily fixed by adding this :NEEDS[SnacksFreshAir] at lines 102, 127 and 151 in GameData/OPT_Reconfig/OPT_B9PS_Snacks.cfg

I'll have an update posted in a moment.

SUBTYPE // change this
{
	name = OPTSnacksAir
	tankType = OPTSnacksAir
	title = FreshAir
	switchInFlight = true
}

SUBTYPE:NEEDS[SnacksFreshAir] //to this
{
	name = OPTSnacksAir
	tankType = OPTSnacksAir
	title = FreshAir
	switchInFlight = true
}

Edit: Update is up.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
Update is up

On 4/13/2018 at 12:51 PM, Rawenwarcrow said:

Hey @JadeOfMaar First of all, thanks for maintaining those mods :) I have a problem with the game telling me that:

"B9PartSwitch has encountered a fatal error and KSP needs to close

No tank type named 'OPTOX' exists"

There's no log, all my mods are the latest version, including both OPT and OPT legacy, and of course B9PartSwitch itself... Any idea from where it can come from? Thanks again :)  (and sorry for my clumsy english...)

To get past things like this, you can just press "escape", although I find that this only occurs without KSP Interstellar Fuel Switch Core.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ToastyOats said:

@JadeOfMaar

It's been a -really- long since I had KSP Installed, and I've been goofing around with FAR since it's apparently updated to 1.7 - out of curiosity is OPT Reconfig using it's own integration of FAR? So I don't need FAR by itself? Or do I have to use it alongside FAR?

OPT Reconfig contains its own FAR config which will cause problems if another FAR config exists for OPT parts. I do not include FAR itself so you must download it separately.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@horngeek OPT Reconfig is only recommended for OPT Spaceplane but required for OPT Legacy.

Yeah, I saw once I actually compared the sizes of OPT Spaceplane and OPT Legacy. 

Second question, on the main OPT Spaceplane thread it mentions that OPT Legacy is compatible with OPT Spaceplane- does this still apply?

@JadeOfMaar I'm starting to use Community Category Kit and Filter Extensions, and noticed that all of OPT's parts are being put into the own category, but NOT being put under appropriate other categories, such as 'engines' or 'payloads', etc. Basically, the only spot they show up is under the OPT category. The filters work fine, and engines show up in the engine filter. I have a feeling the culprit is the Community Category Kit. Is this something you would handle, or the CCK author (@RoverDude)?

2 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@JadeOfMaar I'm starting to use Community Category Kit and Filter Extensions, and noticed that all of OPT's parts are being put into the own category, but NOT being put under appropriate other categories, such as 'engines' or 'payloads', etc. Basically, the only spot they show up is under the OPT category. The filters work fine, and engines show up in the engine filter. I have a feeling the culprit is the Community Category Kit. Is this something you would handle, or the CCK author (@RoverDude)?

CCK and Filter Extensions are mutually exclusive, as far as I see things. Choose one, remove the other. And to my knowledge, CCK doesn't allow for subcategories which is unfortunate.

@horngeek Sorry, I have no intentions of making and tuning IVAs. I have many reasons why not.

48 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

CCK and Filter Extensions are mutually exclusive, as far as I see things. Choose one, remove the other. And to my knowledge, CCK doesn't allow for subcategories which is unfortunate.

@horngeek Sorry, I have no intentions of making and tuning IVAs. I have many reasons why not.

I'm going to take a wild guess that one of them is 'oh god so much work kill me at the thought'

In which case, completely fair!

@horngeek OPT Reconfig and Legacy make the two ARI engines into dual-mode: the high Isp mode with spool time that you know well, and the quick response mode of typical rocket engines, making them friendly for use in landers. with a little Tweakscale on top of that you can get along well. The J-81 Nacelle in Closed Cycle also works well but it's a big clunky engine and it won't visually work out nicely most of the time imo.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.