[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

Just curious, but why is OPT "Main" listed under the supported mods? I thought that was folded into this one? Should I download that too if I want the full OPT experience, or is all the content inside it already present in here? 

In any case, I've been at work designing my own space plane, pretty much the first I've ever built other than a regular, jet-powered stock airliner type deal. 

b9MezwU.png

I'm way, way better at building rockets than I am building shuttles or planes or anything like that, but it seems I'm onto something here as this thing can fly surprisingly well. I think I just need better wings, but I can't find anything that fits in OPT so I might have to just try and throw something together and hope for the best. I do have some weird issue where it keeps spawning half underground, though. I've had to set up the launch clamps to stop the wheels from being under the runway. 

1 hour ago, caekdaemon said:

Just curious, but why is OPT "Main" listed under the supported mods? I thought that was folded into this one? Should I download that too if I want the full OPT experience, or is all the content inside it already present in here?

OPT Legacy and OPT "Main' are two seperate mods. Legacy is the old version of the parts, and the old hull profiles. KYeon did a large rework of OPT at one point (basically the birth of Main), with *new* hull profiles, basically a whole new set of parts, that they intended to *replace* the old ones.

Some in the community still wanted the old parts, so OPT Legacy was born as its own, seperate, mod. Legacy seems to be the one everyone thinks of, and grabs first, probably since its an active release thread, and gets regular updates.

So, to answer your question: Yes, if you want the *newer*, additional parts in Main, you have to grab that too. Main and Legacy are seperate, and neither is dependent on the other.
*HOWEVER*, note that OPT Reconfig is *required* with OPT Legacy, but is *optional* for Main. (It does add stuff for Main, but Main is playable without it.)

2 hours ago, caekdaemon said:

I think I just need better wings, but I can't find anything that fits in OPT so I might have to just try and throw something together and hope for the best. 

As for wings... I'm not sure which OPT part mod those are in, but there are large pylons you can use to extend wings (tweakscale helps to make it look better - I believe the original idea was that you attach engine sections in Mk2 / J-body to the pylons and then attach wings to those)

The wing pylons are part of Main, they come in Large and Huge, but with Tweakscale can be used at smaller sizes.

I personally prefer the Main parts, but Legacy has a few useful bells and whistles.

Pretty sure the spawning half underground, or high up in the air is a Legacy specific issue, maybe even a few specific parts, but I haven't had it happen enough to investigate.

6 hours ago, Repseki said:

Pretty sure the spawning half underground, or high up in the air is a Legacy specific issue, maybe even a few specific parts, but I haven't had it happen enough to investigate.

9 hours ago, caekdaemon said:

I do have some weird issue where it keeps spawning half underground, though. I've had to set up the launch clamps to stop the wheels from being under the runway. 

Spawning half underground is a new issue. I get something like that but only when I use Kerbal Foundries wheels but forget to install KSPWheel (their plugin).

Spawning 1km in the air is caused by certain animated parts (including some J bays/ports, the Humpback cargo ramp but excluding K series) and can be controlled by using WorldStabilizer. But once you use that you must avoid putting launch clamps on crafts that have the problem parts or they'll spawn 1km up and stay up there.

10 hours ago, caekdaemon said:

Just curious, but why is OPT "Main" listed under the supported mods?

In the first few sentences (large text) in the OP, you'll see that Reconfig "supplies much needed config files" and "is an optional enhancement." Reconfig was made this way because: Other maintainers of OPT were still active at the time and I didn't want to try to violently take over; I was not, and am still not fully able to take over OPT (there is quite a lot to do if that happens/for that to happen); Initially this mod was only to make the main pack's engines less screaming OP (overpowered) but then I rolled in my life support mod patches, started fixing drag cubes, aaaaand Bob's my uncle.

Congrats on the working first spaceplane. :)

On 10/7/2019 at 3:24 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

To access this, click the mode switch button by the search bar as if you were going to access subassemblies.

auNEtHW.png

OPT Legacy 1.4.1

• Ensured OPT Mk2 intake always has normalized heat tolerance.
  • Updated WarpJet engines to now default to IntakeAir if CRP not installed. (No more KSP freezing on the SAGE and SURGE engines.)
  • Fixed drag cubes for Stail and Stail Freight parts.

OPT Reconfig 1.7.0

• Added Rational Resources tank types patch.
  • Added boiloff module for OPT CryoTanks. Delete the plugin for it if this feature is not desired.
  • Added Subcategories config. No extra mod required.
  • Fixed duplicate vesseltype keys in cockpits.
  • Fixed drag cubes for J body, particularly the inline drone cores and SAS/RCS. Surprise! These were quite a nightmare too!
  • Fixed Connected Living Space patch:
    • Added many parts to this as passable volume was considered in the tank volume re-balance in Reconfig 1.5 ~ 1.6.
  • Fixed entries for a 2.5m cockpit in B9PS, WBI, IonCross and CLS integrations.
  • Ensured OPT Mk2 intake always has normalized heat tolerance.
  • OPT engines become CryoEngines if CryoEngines is installed.
  • Updated WarpJet engines to now default to IntakeAir if CRP not installed.

DOWNLOAD - OPT Reconfig

DOWNLOAD - OPT Legacy

Not even half the listed parts show up for me! Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I installed both mods through CKAN.

OPT Reconfig 1.9.3

• Added Kerbal Atomics detection to cryo tank/engine patch
  • Adjusted WBI EC template to provide 20x units per volume like B9PS does. (It was formerly 4x.)
  • Adjusted fuel ratio for air-breathing cryo engines. Less demanding on intakes.
  • Fixed MFT patch. It was self-deleting.
  • Removed second lift surface module in J aerospike.
  • Updated Nebula scramjet mode for more fuel efficiency but more EC demanding.

DOWNLOAD - OPT Reconfig

Flies like a dream. Oxygen not required. The engine in the vertical stabilizer is an air-breathing omni-directional RCS thruster, unlike the main engines on the sides.

YGTmDkH.jpg

qoEKKnn.jpg

Note: these aren't textured at all yet but are colored by Unity's basic shaders. Textures will come when they come. They will possess blade blur effect powered by WBI Kerbal Actuators.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, Szumi said:

Hi,

i`v just download this game on steam,  but this mod is not working, cant find any new parts in game :/ can somebody help me  ?

Did you also download the original OPT and optionally OPT legacy?  The base mod is only designed to patch the parts from the old OPT parts to work in later KSP versions.  If you only grabbed OPT reconfig it won't work.

hi,

i have this OPT Space Plane Parts V2.0  form cruseforge.com  - installed by twitch app

in Game data i have 2 folder OPT and Firespitter  also Modulle menager 2.8.1 dll

maybe its not working with newest game version ?

Edited by Szumi

12 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Flies like a dream. Oxygen not required. The engine in the vertical stabilizer is an air-breathing omni-directional RCS thruster, unlike the main engines on the sides.

qoEKKnn.jpg

Okay Jade, you did it. Once these parts become available I will take the OPT plunge. I'll keep an eye on this, please make sure to keep us updated. Looking very good so far. And thats a super nice looking craft too, btw. I need that in my hangar!

4 hours ago, Szumi said:

installed by twitch app

Don't use that. Practically nobody supports it these days. CKAN is the mod manager to use. Also, don't allow the included Firespitter and MM to install. They are ancient and might crash KSP or will cripple your experience. If you said that no parts are showing up at all then the Twitch app must be installing OPT in a very wrong way.

As @overkill13 says, OPT Reconfig is only a collection of patches. It does not contain parts.

2 hours ago, NHunter said:

I don't think current OPT even needs Firespitter anymore

That's what this mod does. :)It replaces the Firespitter dependency with B9 Part Switch.

Most of the engines are now release ready (textures finished) excepting little things like fine tuning plumes and performance, and making heat emissive textures.

The un-textured heli / tilt engines will take a while. My unwrapping app is being a major pain. And they need a few big adjustments to their models. With regard to performance they are elease ready too.

Cutaway effect powered by Restock DepthMask shader.

nhimnTx.jpg

J0uI0pk.jpg

After updating OPT Reconfig, I'm getting a fatal error from B9PartSwitch on a bunch of OPT parts. Now I do the Delete the old folder and drop the new update in to ensure no legacy stuff causes problems (learned this with an other mod the hard way).

Since it was after OPT update, I'm coming here first.

KSP Log

EDIT: The error caused B9 to force the game to quit. I am trying to figure out from reading the log what happened, so I might figure out a solution

EDIT2: The Fatal Error Screen says:

Fatal exception while loading fields on module ModuleB9PartSwitch on part OPTdropTank
Exception while loading field tankType on type B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype No tank type OPTAB exists

Edited by Azic Minar
Forgot to mention

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.