[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

6 hours ago, Azic Minar said:

After updating OPT Reconfig, I'm getting a fatal error from B9PartSwitch

I'll need to see the contents of Logs/ModuleManager/ and your GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache too (with Reconfig installed and loading). But I'm almost clueless to what would delete OPT's Ablator tank type. I'd suggest removing any of the following (groups of) mods to see if and how OPT Reconfig behaves differently:

• WBI Pathfinder.
    Many of OPT Reconfig's B9PS functions won't activate if this is present. Several WBI functions will activate instead, and most of OPT's B9 tank types will not appear.
  • KSP Interstellar, Interstellar Fuel Switch, Patch Manager.
    This is overall a huge combination whose patches reach very deep and very wide. There could be configs in there that are doing things that the author is not aware of or not intending.

Strangely, your log does not tell me that the OPT_Reconfig folder exists. This suggests that you tried using OPT_Legacy without it, when the hard dependency on Reconfig is there.

15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'll need to see the contents of Logs/ModuleManager/ and your GameData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache too (with Reconfig installed and loading). But I'm almost clueless to what would delete OPT's Ablator tank type. I'd suggest removing any of the following (groups of) mods to see if and how OPT Reconfig behaves differently:

• WBI Pathfinder.
    Many of OPT Reconfig's B9PS functions won't activate if this is present. Several WBI functions will activate instead, and most of OPT's B9 tank types will not appear.
  • KSP Interstellar, Interstellar Fuel Switch, Patch Manager.
    This is overall a huge combination whose patches reach very deep and very wide. There could be configs in there that are doing things that the author is not aware of or not intending.

Strangely, your log does not tell me that the OPT_Reconfig folder exists. This suggests that you tried using OPT_Legacy without it, when the hard dependency on Reconfig is there.

This is freaky, but the Reconfig folder was there when KSP first had to get shut down by B9, but isn't there now 0.o
I'll go through and see about removing some of those, though I don't even remember where patch manager came from.

EDIT: Removing IFS and PM as well as putting the oddly dissappeared OPTR folder back in seamed to solve the issue. Thank you!

Edited by Azic Minar
Success!

2 hours ago, Azic Minar said:

This is freaky, but the Reconfig folder was there when KSP first had to get shut down by B9, but isn't there now 0.o
I'll go through and see about removing some of those, though I don't even remember where patch manager came from.

lol!

Patch Manager is part of the KSP Interstellar bundle. Mainly used by IFS.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@KSPNoob All of OPT's engines should be using LH2 then. The patch for that activates if you have Nertea's CryoEngines or Kerbal Atomics. You can delete OPT_Reconfig/CRP/OPT_CryoEngine.cfg to stop it.

Thank's that solved it.  Love the mod glad you  are keeping it alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I noticed something that could be a bug or something did on purpose. it's about OPT S.A.GE engine running on electric charge.

In the version KSP 1.7.3, this engine can run on electric charge and Intake Atmosphere. I could use it on Eve

For KSP 1.8 and 1.9.x, it's running on electric charge and Intake Air, not Intake Atmosphere. Is it on purpose or is it a mistake? Here I can't use it on Eve

1 hour ago, gilflo said:

For KSP 1.8 and 1.9.x, it's running on electric charge and Intake Air, not Intake Atmosphere. Is it on purpose or is it a mistake? Here I can't use it on Eve

Did you install Community Resource Pack? Without this, the SAGE and SURGE will use IntakeAir.

Are you using OPT Legacy 1.6.2 and OPT Reconfig 1.9.3? My ModuleManager cache looks just fine. I don't see your problem.

5 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Did you install Community Resource Pack? Without this, the SAGE and SURGE will use IntakeAir.

Are you using OPT Legacy 1.6.2 and OPT Reconfig 1.9.3? My ModuleManager cache looks just fine. I don't see your problem.

OK, i forgot Community Ressource pack! it should be ok now

On 4/25/2020 at 3:47 PM, Ironcladsix said:

Is it possible to reconfigure OPT tanks to hold cryogenic liquids like ammonia? I tried adding the config to OPT_B9PS_Cryo.cfg but nothing happened.

It is. One of my other mods, Rational Resources, enables OPT tanks to hold (specifically) LqdAmmonia, LqdCO2, LqdHydrogen, LqdMethane and LqdNitrogen. But I figure you don't want your ISRU experience to change, and if I may assume, you use KSP Interstellar?

OPT_B9PS_Cryo.cfg is setup to only activate if you install CryoEngines or KerbalAtomics.

Finally got around to some stuff last night. Valkyrie inspired tilt engine. It's rather versatile!

6y08Wds.jpg

Ie5CKg1.jpgCfvSLHW.jpg

And variants (mainly gap filler) and overall adjustments to the geometries for the ducted fan engine and the tail rudder engine (the two engines shown on the H body plane).

iaqgbwg.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

12 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It is. One of my other mods, Rational Resources, enables OPT tanks to hold (specifically) LqdAmmonia, LqdCO2, LqdHydrogen, LqdMethane and LqdNitrogen. But I figure you don't want your ISRU experience to change, and if I may assume, you use KSP Interstellar?

OPT_B9PS_Cryo.cfg is setup to only activate if you install CryoEngines or KerbalAtomics.

Yes. I maxed out the tech tree on Nertea's mods and decided to keep going. KSPIE is really quite finicky but eventually I did work it out. Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is fantastic work, thank you for keeping this classic mod alive! 

I'm curious when you're planning to release the next OPT version that includes the VTOL and blade engines? I'm pretty excited to try them out

@perch35 I can't yet give a fixed date on the next big release of OPT Legacy. But late May/early June is looking very good. I finally got to unwrap and give starting textures to these 3 engines. There are 2 more engines to model and unwrap.

EIKsAzx.png

I say early June because I'm not one who can work daily and at good speed on parts in general, and I also want to provide some various (not necessarily "many") extra things like some (4) surface light options custom-fit for OPT, more part upgrades, and maybe a cool, big, aerodynamic, surface-attachable drone core (to address the need for certain missing inline drone cores). Having just the two stock ones (and needing to install some other mod just for lights) really sucks.

Edited by JadeOfMaar
updated image

Greetings and salutations!
I have a problem with OPT and Interstellar Fuel Switch and/or B9 Partchswitch, I really have no idea atm.
My current mod set relies on KSPIE and Kerbalism mods. I have B9 Partswitch installed and all that stuff works fine together w/o any conflicts.
When I install OPT and OPT reconfig - OPT parts do not contain any fuel tanks at all. If I remove OPT Reconfig, they're handled by Interstellar Fuelswitch, which is desirable.
If I use only OPT, w/o OPT Reconfig - OPT parts behaves weird (false EC values in VAB, no Cargo Bay radiators, etc) so I believe that OPT Reconfig is really needed for me.
So my question is: how can I get OPT parts being handled by Interstellar Fuelswitch when OPT Reconfig is installed? Thanks in advance for any suggestions =)
Module Manager Log

UPDATE: after some wild assumptions and experimenting, I've managed to resolve my issue by deleting OPT_00Clean.cfg file. Now everything works fine, and I can proceed with killing my kerbals xD

Edited by Cosmonauth
resolved

The final look for the Bubble (a top tier engine). Particles subject to change. "Blueprint" card template by @Nertea.

9ZsU9TT.jpg

j0SKMOa.jpg

And these two engines have their blurred mesh stuff finally finished; paint job; and throttle emissive. The blurred mesh feature will only be available with WBI Kerbal Actuators.

hGlP7az.jpgjJ8rHdY.jpg

5bqXrvF.jpg

wslM4aX.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Forgive me for being a little confused- but what exactly are the features of OPT- Legacy vs. the "main" mod?

Since this thread is labeled "OPT Reconfig & OPT Legacy" I thought there'd be a description at the beginning of what Legacy does to change the base balance (and whether it might be advisable for some players to install Legacy AND the "main" mod), but so far I can't seem to find a description...

Thanks in advance for any clarification!

EDIT: Also, since the Reconfig overwrites the Firespitter fuel switcher, do I still need to keep that folder of the "main" OPT mod, if I install that?  Or can I just rip it out (delete it) entirely, since Reconfig lets B9 Part Switch and Community Resource Pack do the work instead?

Regards,

Northstar

Edited by Northstar1989