[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

OPT Legacy | Reconfig 2.0

There's no day like Patch Tuesday / No update can be this thicc!

uDrlOov.jpg

• View album here: https://imgur.com/a/fyt1BVx
  • All VTOL engines compatible with @Angel-125 Kerbal Actuators for balanced thrust and other proper VTOL functions.
  • Some of these engines can change between LF+Air and LFO + IntakeAtm/WBI Atmosphere in air breathing.

c6tjLmx.jpg

• View album here: https://imgur.com/a/oRtoHLW
  • 3 of these wings can hold fuel.
  • Leading edge elevons?! The part description will help you a bit.

ZZzqEj7.jpg

• Crap! I actually did it! But I am still not making custom IVA!

CgeS46W.jpg

• The journey is longer, more costly, more rewarding, and just prettier with the upgrade coin things.
  • Thermal upgrades provided for some parts.
  • SAGE Variable Isp provided for all WarpJet engines.
  • Variable Isp provided for Egg Dog engine.

Spoiler

K inline RCS, my dudes!

sF6EamK.jpg

Better custom category icons

TCWo9mn.gif

Egg Dog variants (obsolete look)

XSWj6Ue.gif

HUGE. WINGS. 3.75m tank for scale

NyZOjJi.png

Kerbalism fixes and feature pass.

PZCD9e8.jpg

K lab (left) and crew compartment (right)

LxQN8yI.png

Full changelog:

Spoiler

Legacy 2.0

• Added 'brake' tag to airbrake parts. They were not search-able.
  • Added K Drone Core with RCS.
    • Added RCS thrusters to K, KH Inline SAS parts.
  • Added K crew compartment and science lab.
  • Added new suites of parts:
    • 16 VTOL engines. Compatible with WBI Kerbal Actuators and are feature-rich.
    • 2x "Questor" series main wings (types D, E).
    • 2x Stabilizers (canards, type C, D).
    • 4x "Fighter" series winglets (types D, E, F, G) (and associated elevons).
  • Moved ARI-73 engine from Aerospace Tech to Nuclear Propulsion tech node. (Advanced Nuclear Propulsion if CTT installed. The LPR-02 "Irradiance" VTOL engine is there with it.)
  • Normalized and lowered EC demands in cockpit RCS thrusters...Unless they're using IntakeAtm, apparently.
  • Rebalanced engines:
    • Made ARI-73 and air-breathing engines stronger (or appropriately strong) in thicker atmospheres.
    • Made J-81 closed cycle very EC demanding.
    • Nerfed J-60D closed cycle Isp.
    • Normalized EC ratios and Isp of LFO+EC engines.
    • Other air-breathing performance changes.
  • Removed single quotes and "class" from part titles...except for the engines.
  • Misc part stats adjustments.
  • Updated OPT flag.
  • Updated DepthMask meshes to always be transparent. (Hopefully makes them friendly or unobtrusive in KSP 1.7 and older.)
  • Updated radiator potential on Nebula Shock Intake.
  • Updated drop tank heat tolerance selection to not use tank-bearing B9 options when MFT or RF are present.

Reconfig 2.0

• Added drag cube fix for stock Mk2 drone core.
  • Added drag cube fix for H bodies.
  • Added lift surface and 2nd RCS module (set to use throttle) to aerodynamic OMS thruster. You may need to replace this part on very craft that has it so that it behaves properly.
  • Added (Upgraded) support for Allista's Configurable Containers.
  • Added Kerbalism buffs for science data and samples storage.
  • Added Covert Aero II tech node for even more advanced OPT engines. Compatible with CTT and Unkerballed Start.
    • Moved Dark Drive and its new friend, the Bubble, into there.
  • Added tank options for Stail Drone Core and Stail Fairing MonoPropellant Tank.
  • Added/updated subcategory icons.
  • Added thermal upgrades for J nose, Stail Drone Core, Mk2 nose.
    • Made upgrade nodes themselves more informative in RnD view.
  • Deprecated redundant RCS parts. The remaining parts now include all RCS mix options and color change where applicable. (Soft-deprecation. Craft files will not break.)
  • Fixed Kerbalism detection, NF Propulsion detection and erroneous Xenon tank type settings.
  • Fixed erroneous static thrust problem on HAE-02 and J-92 Nebula jet engines.
  • Moved J linear aerospike and HAE-02 jet engine to Hypersonic Flight tech node alongside the Stail linear aerospike.
  • Reduced EC demand in all MonoPropellant RCS.
  • Several tiny tweaks.
  • Updated Dark Goo:
    • Boiloff rate is 0.2x as fast as before.
    • Dark Drive now holds 3x as much. Its mileage should be quite great now.

KerbalX Craft files:

DOWNLOAD LEGACY :: SPACEDOCK :: GITHUB

DOWNLOAD RECONFIG :: SPACEDOCK :: GITHUB

Edited by JadeOfMaar

18 minutes ago, overkill13 said:

My B9 is throwing exceptions.  Admittedly I am using KSP 1.8.1.  Just upgraded my OPT Legacy and Reconfig.  Log below, let me know what's up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19e0JDpNbV3WW5ROnEca20sUiqExdY6zc/view?usp=sharing

I highly recommend you make sure that you're using B9PS 2.16 or newer. That's my only guess. I'm exploiting a recent feature for switching of engine module features, without such feature, B9PS will indeed complain. I can't diagnose anything due to needing to send an access request. Please find or make a public space next time. :D

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I highly recommend you make sure that you're using B9PS 2.16 or newer. That's my only guess. I'm exploiting a recent feature for switching of engine module features, without such feature, B9PS will indeed complain. I can't diagnose anything due to needing to send an access request. Please find or make a public space next time. :D

Hmm... Don't use google drive too often, but I don't remember having to change file sharing permissions.  Try this one.  Now I remember how much I hate Dropbox...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19e0JDpNbV3WW5ROnEca20sUiqExdY6zc/view?usp=sharing <-- Looks like same one actually, now that I look at it, but permissions were changed.

I am using the newest B9PS and I have no issues if I dial back my Reconfig and Legacy to a version for 1.8.1 even while using B9PS 2.16.

@overkill13 Something is causing Rational Resources tank types to add to OPT Parts, but Rational Resources is not installed (or it's installed inside of something else) so its tank types are undefined. I'll needs to see your Logs/ModuleManager folder to be able to possibly spot the file that's causing those patches to run.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@overkill13 Your MM cache may be poisoned. Delete it. (This actually happens.) Also, if you have Wild Blue Industries in Classic Mode, that may somehow be why. Change it to CRP mode, reinstall OPT, then change back to Classic Mode. Reconfig's Classic configs and CRP configs may be activating at the same time.

I'm a bit lost. I updated and got the B9 fatal error. Deleted MM cache, double checked that I have latest B9 ver. and still getting the fatal error. Is this just me and my install?

I have all the near future stuff, cryo, atomic, restock, basically all the current nertea stuff, realplume, engine lighting relit, scatterer, reentry particles, KIS, KAS, tweakscale, and better timewarp.

Fatal Error reads something like "no tank called RR_CryoHLOX exists"

Edited by Gryphorim

23 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

That specialized region produces a spheroid magnetic confinement field and can contract/ compress with enough force to cause the air caught inside to superheat and ignite. It then releases this energy at the rear end, closes, and opens at the fore end to receive new air to compress. You could correlate this to a pulse detonation jet engine but it uses fusion. This "fusion pulse" energy allows it to serve as a rocket engine, in essence. A rocket but it uses the air itself and only the air.

To *ignite* air, there has to be some type of chemical reaction that can occur to release energy.

I.e. a jet engine burns kerosene and Oxygen together.

You can't ignite inert gases, or ones that have nothing to react with: i.e. the CO2-Argon atmosphere of Mars/Duna isn't going to combust in any way.

You can superheat things into a plasma, sure, but this isn't *combustion* (a name that very specifically refers to a certain type of energy-releasing chemical reaction occurring...)

1 hour ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Thx

That's not the files weight that bothers me, that the repetitive, delete mod to bin, open WinRAR,  extract compressed folder to the right folder constantly that bothers me...

1 hour ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Don't worry, that's an inside joke.

Well learn to CKAN, lol.

Spoiler

Also I just updated Reconfig again. I forgot the turbine mix switch (LF + Air / LFO + IntakeAtm) for some of the new engines. So, time to download and un-RAR again. :sticktongue:

56 minutes ago, Dovahkiin2132 said:

Still crashes, OPT LH2O tank is the error

Did you install Community Resource Pack? There's quite a lot in Reconfig that depends on that. Or do you have Kerbal Atomics without CryoEngines? (This shouldn't be a problem.)

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Did you install Community Resource Pack? There's quite a lot in Reconfig that depends on that. Or do you have Kerbal Atomics without CryoEngines? (This shouldn't be a problem.)

I have all three but i'll reinstall and see what happens.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.