[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

On 11/2/2020 at 2:36 AM, Daniel Prates said:

Not to drag my write-up for too long, I'll just post here the final refinement: wings swept farther to the back; moved them up so the CoM is below the CoL; CoM wet and dry were brought closer together (they almost coincide), and both are very close to the CoL.

No surprise here: it handles very, very well now:

kFWpA0e.png

Hey Daniel

What is this avionic mod with localizer and Glide slope ? That's great !

I just found an oddity and I was wondering if this is done on purpose. I kinda doubt it though. The "Bubble" Tilt Engine (name = opt_vtol_bubble1) has two fuel options with two modes each. Using CryoEngines seems to have messed it up a bit.

Fuel Option 1 LH2+Air: Airbreathing mode uses LH2 + Air (as intended), Closed Cycle suddenly needs Liquid Fuel + Oxidizer instead of LH2/O

Fuel Option 2 LH2O+Atm: Airbreathing mode uses LH2 + O + Atm (as intended), Closed Cycle needs LFO instead of LH2/O

I find it strange that the closed cycle modes aren't using LH2.

I've been wondering: Would it be possible to change the OPT_Reconfig\CRP\OPT_CryoEngine.cfg so that instead of replacing the LF-modes with LH2 Fuel modes, it adds the LH2 Fuel Modes with a B9Part Switch?

I really like the OPT engines in both variants. And I love the whole cryo engines concept. But when I build spaceplanes, I definitely prefer LiquidFuel over LH2 because the lower density means that I have to use A LOT of tanks, which just makes my planes much bigger than I want it or need it to be. So for Spaceplanes, I use mainly LF engines. But for rockets and, well, non-spaceplane-constructions -I wouldn't exactly call them rockets- LH2 is my favorite choice.

I've looked into it and tested around a bit, but I'm no modder and module manager most certainly just isn't my friend (I never really bothered trying to understand it entirely, though). Right now I'm running into issues with the atmospherecurve. Hardcoding (as in providing a value in the switch instead of a multiplier - similar to the ISP switches for SAGE and others) is certainly an option, but that means that each engine would require it separate lines/patches instead of bundling them (unless they have the same ISP, of course).

I mean I could probably create something like it with lots of effort, which might work, but it would be a rather dirty patch.

It's just an idea. I fully understand if it's unwelcome, especially given the effort that probably has to be put in. Right now, unfortunately, I'm playing with that patch deactivated since LF is just much more sensible for spaceplanes in my opinion.

On 11/12/2020 at 6:19 AM, Techgamer68 said:

I have a slight problem with the J type parts

Can you Help me please

unknown.png

I am curious, what is the problem? By the pic alone nobody can tell.

But let me guess. You start the flight and the craft appears flying about 1km above sea level and drops like a rock from there, right?

If so, install a mod called WORLD STABILIZER. It fixes everything. President Camacho aproves.

• 1 month later...

@JadeOfMaar so the year is yet to finish, so why don't I bother you with an issue? :D

So this is the thing: there is an excellent mod called docking cam kurs, imho the best docking cam mod out there. It automatically adds cameras to all docking ports, stock and modded. For some reason, on OPT's docking node parts, the cam does not work. Instead of a clear outside view, what appears to happen is that the outer layer of the skin is just slightly in front of where the camera looks from. I am not sure about this but but iirc the camera uses one of the colliders to 'look from', which in most cases works perfectly but here, it seems, the collider is slightly below the model/skin, so that when looking foward, it actually shows you the inner side of the skin.

I am wondering if this can be changed easily, say for instance, moving the collider a millimetre towards the outside so that the cam actually looks outside from the outside of the 3d model. 

6 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

@JadeOfMaar so the year is yet to finish, so why don't I bother you with an issue? :D

Welcome. :)I think it's in my power to fix that so I'll see what can be done.

I'm hoping I can "simply" weld a new object with a new target transform for the docking module. It still waits to be seen whether I can import these parts and not break the texture mapping (because they are atlased).

I forget who asked for this but I managed to make the retro RCS thruster also be an engine. (Engine mode is hidden from staging but can be toggled in the editors.) And I gave it color options.

• 6kN as RCS thruster
  • 12kN with 380s vac (sips on EC like an ARI-75) vs stock Twitch engine's 16kN with 290s vac.

JimZj7W.png

Sr6Rfk7.jpg

Weirdly the aerodynamic OMS doesn't respond to throttle anymore. I hope that's a new stock bug because I touched nothing with this part.

@JadeOfMaar Hello!

So I've been using the OPT, but lately with the latest update, Tweakscale has been giving me errors.

The person who is helping me, and upkeeping the Tweakscale, needs a few files, but unfortunately an error in the OPT Config is stopping the files from being created. (Error reports).

Here's a link to the post, so you can see what's going on.

Warning. WorldStabilizer no longer suppresses the 1km spawn bug as of KSP 1.11, and seems to actually evolve it into a new and vicious kraken.

Take extreme care when spawning crafts containing the following parts, or just don't use them anymore:

• J Deployment Bay
  • J Inline Large Docking Port
  • Humpback Cargo Ramp
  • Stail Cargo Bay (Mk1, not Mk2)

OPT Legacy 3.0

• Added KerbalChangelog support.
  • Added Localization support.
  • Added missing attach nodes to Avatar Inline SAS.
  • Added missing SAS module to all drone cores.
  • Added 2.5m "Tidal Force" power sphere. Produces 600 EC/s on LFO.
    • Re-titled all power spheres.
  • Adjusted air-breathing performance of these engines:
    • J-60D. It was really lacking the high altitude runaway thrust behavior. I officially have a love/hate relationship with this engine.
    • J-60 stationary thrust to match J-60D.
    • J60, J-61: Added scramjet upper speed limit (Mach 15). Shcramjets don't have this so the Nebula doesn't get it.
  • Changed J-81 title and engine behavior to reflect new fusion ramjet/rocket behavior.
  • Decreased RCS thrust in Rudder engine.
  • Fixed broken heat limit key in Stail bicoupler. (Spotted by @ Lisias.)
  • Fixed cost (was way underpriced) in Bubble engine and Stail cockpits.
  • Fixed K Drone Core's SAS module still missing.
  • Increased thrust in these engines:
    • J-81 engine.
    • Valkyrie tilt & WarpJet MARGE.
    • VTOL wrapper engines.
  • Moved the following to OPT Main:
    • 2.5m Nebula Shock Intake.
    • VTOL Wrapper engines for J and K.
    • Avatar tilt and WarpJet MARGE engine.
    • DepthMask assets.
    • K cockpits (custom, TAV). All 3 K cockpits are now there.
    • K cabin and lab.
    • K and KH Inline SAS.
  • The following VTOL engines remain:
    • Bubble.
    • EggDog.
    • HeliCarrier.
    • Low-Profile series.
    • Slipstream rudder engine.
    • Wrapper engines for Humpback.
  • Nerfed excessive undeployed drag of airbrakes.
  • Removed obsolete keys from some air-breathing engines.
  • Removed extra lift module from K lab.
  • Updated DepthMask patch to detect standalone DepthMask plugin.
  • Updated offset between inner and outer stack nodes of Avatar and Humpback bays to make it less likely to attach them the wrong way and break cargo shielding.
  • Updated Retro RCS. It can now be used as an engine, and has toggle-able staging. It also now has 3 color variants.

OPT Reconfig 3.0

• Added heat limit upgrades for H noses. (Bundled with Mk2 nose upgrades.)
  • Added KSP 1.11 stock inventory to crewed parts.
  • Added Localization support.
  • Added Realism Overhaul support.
  • Fixes to IntakeAtm and CryoEngines patches.
  • Removed GPOSpeed fuel patch. Unknown if it supports WBI Omnistorage.
  • Rewrote WBI integration and phased out Pathfinder legacy templates. It's all OmniConverters and OmniStorage. Always has been.
  • OPT in ClassicStock play mode uses "PropLox" fuel mix (Propellium + Oxidizer, equivalent to Hydrolox).

DOWNLOAD LEGACY :: SPACEDOCK :: GITHUB

DOWNLOAD RECONFIG :: SPACEDOCK :: GITHUB

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 1/2/2021 at 11:56 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

Warning. WorldStabilizer no longer suppresses the 1km spawn bug as of KSP 1.11, and seems to actually evolve it into a new and vicious kraken.

It's a bug on the Launching Code.

If you spawn the craft using Vessel Mover, things work fine. My guess is that Squad forgot to initialise some things about heat on the PartModule (perhaps while reading the mesh).

There's a more or less comprehensive report on KAX and Impossible Innovation threads.

-- -- POST EDIT -- -- 2021-0211

KSP Recall 0.0.6.1 solves this issue. World Stabilizer is still needed, tough.

Edited by Lisias
KSP Recall 0.0.6.1

On 1/2/2021 at 11:56 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

KSP Recall 0.0.6.0 BETA may be a solution for this problem. Early adopters are welcome to try it and report any findings - but please backup your game before trying it!!

World Stabiliser is still needed.

On 1/2/2021 at 8:27 PM, Lisias said:

It's a bug on the Launching Code.

If you spawn the craft using Vessel Mover, things work fine. My guess is that Squad forgot to initialise some things about heat on the PartModule (perhaps while reading the mesh).

There's a more or less comprehensive report on KAX and Impossible Innovation threads.

@Lisias, thank you for figuring this out and sharing it.  Because Vessel Mover only allows the selection of 1 crew when spawning a craft, I now follow a 2 stage sequence when launching.  I created a "bus" to carry the crew complement and launch it from Editor.  Then, when Flight scene kicks in, and WorldStabilizer has done its stuff (I enabled the message to be displayed in the WS cfg file), I use VesselMover to spawn my spaceplane with a pilot.  I then proceed to board the crew.

Extra steps, but there's a bit of realism in it.  And it allows me to still fly my craft that still uses the Humpback Cargo Ramp.  Thank you, @JadeOfMaar, for keeping OPT updated.

Edited by bcqJC
typo

On 12/30/2020 at 6:06 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I forget who asked for this but I managed to make the retro RCS thruster also be an engine. (Engine mode is hidden from staging but can be toggled in the editors.) And I gave it color options.

• 6kN as RCS thruster
  • 12kN with 380s vac (sips on EC like an ARI-75) vs stock Twitch engine's 16kN with 290s vac.

Weirdly the aerodynamic OMS doesn't respond to throttle anymore. I hope that's a new stock bug because I touched nothing with this part.

I had, thanks!

On 1/8/2021 at 6:28 PM, Daniel Prates said:

I thought world stabilizer had become useless/inert (or whatever one wishes to call it) after 1.11. Isn't it so?

Yes, at least for me, WorldStabilizer is still needed because of my insistence on using the OPT Humpback parts.  

Also, it is still needed when restoring saved games and launching craft that don't have any of the kraken inducing parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.