[1.9.1+] OPT Legacy 3.1.2 | Reconfig 3.4 [Apr 20, 2021]

JadeOfMaar

Ah. No sorry. I should have given that info. 1.4.3.2512. I am still fighting to go from 1.3.1. Presently I have a craft that flies twisted off to the left in yaw only. For some reason the symmetrically mounted nuclear engines are delivering differing thrust despite being mirrors of themselves. They start off the same but change properties which I am guessing is because the internal heat generated is not identical. As for why that is, who the F knows, cos as I said they are mirrors. So yeah.

I am contemplating rebuilding the whole damn thing from scratch as a new craft. Only 206 parts. Hence the question of if there are two parts that seem the same which one to pick. I have all 3 OPT installed and so I am now seeing stuff like avatar? stail etc.

Here is a gift;

Spoiler

// ----------------------------------------------------------- MM Patched Here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// This patch adds GPOSpeedPump to parts that have WBIMultipurposeStorage
//        needs to run after EVERYTHING ELSE as it alters parts created by ANYTHING
//        GPOSpeedPump runs at some point
//        Pathfinder runs at some point
//
//        The second patch sets the default Pump Level to 8, which is about half way

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[WBIMultipurposeStorage]&!@MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump&Pathfinder]:FINAL
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = GPOSpeedPump
    }

}
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
{
  @MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]
  {
    _pumpLevel = 8
  }
}

// ----------------------------------------------------------- Just Notes Below Here ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Notes
// Notes    This patch can be found as MM_GPOSpeedFuelPump.cfg located @ \GameData\WildBlueIndustries\000WildBlueTools\ModuleManagerPatches
// Notes    
// Notes    @PART[*]:HAS[WBIConvertibleStorage]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
// Notes    {
// Notes        MODULE
// Notes        {
// Notes            name = GPOSpeedPump
// Notes        }
// Notes    }
// Notes
// Notes    This patch can be found as defaultPumpLevel.cfg located @ \GameData\GPOSpeedFuelPump\Patches
// Notes    
// Notes    @PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:FINAL
// Notes    {
// Notes        @MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]
// Notes          {
// Notes            _pumpLevel = 8
// Notes          }
// Notes    }

What is it?

It patches in GPOSpeedPump.

Why?

Well fuel balance determines CoM. The relation between CoM and CoL is vital for planes whilst using control surfaces. Using GPOSpeedPump one can order the emptying of fuel in order to manage that relationship.

As you can see WBI is supposed to be patched for GPOSpeedPump, if it is being used. This mod uses a module with a different name to allocate resources. Thus WBI does not patch this mod. The patch above does.

Enjoy.

Edited by Apaseall

@Apaseall Thanks for the gift. I'll test it soon™. What I can tell, just from looking at it is, I can devise a cleaner solution to this and avoid the use of :FINAL in published configs. (The problem with :FINAL is that a lot of mods fight to be the last to load, and once everyone's fighting to be last, the fight never ends, and things get bloody and messy.)  I should be able to get around FINAL by just being smart with filenames and setting a good place in the overall MM loading sequence. Once it's the last config file within OPT Reconfig to be read (at least, after adding just WBI modules), it has achieved its goal.

Try this and save it as OPT_Reconfig/OPT_WBI_GPOSpeed.cfg

@PART:HAS[#manufacturer[OPT*Division],@MODULE[WBIMultipurposeStorage],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuel]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = GPOSpeedPump
		_pumpLevel = 8
	}
}

I need to see if swapping the WBI modules will upset craft files and craft in flight.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@JadeOfMaar You are most welcome.

Yes I hate using FINAL. But I used it for a reason. OPT_Reconfig needs to run before this patch. That mod does not use a FOR nor does it have a dll. Since I keep my patches in \GameData\my_MM this patch would be processed before that mod. Thus need to explicitly declare when this patch is run. Which is where i run into problems.

Lol. Now I read the rest of your post. Yes I see what you are doing with the ordering by filename.

Correction. dll name is GPOSpeedFuelPump.dll.

Are we not to use @PART[*] any more, I forget.

I am messing with heat control problems and flight stability right now. When I get a moment I will try out your code. :)

Testing now. This adds module GPOSpeedPump if viewed in ModuleManager.ConfigCache. defaultPumpLevel.cfg located @ \GameData\GPOSpeedFuelPump\Patches  seems to be working now. Removed _pumpLevel = 8 to avoid duplication.

Spoiler

@PART:HAS[#manufacturer[OPT*Division],@MODULE[WBIMultipurposeStorage],!MODULE[GPOSpeedPump]]:NEEDS[GPOSpeedFuelPump]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = GPOSpeedPump
    }
}

Ok, so here I ask for help. Can you cast your eye over the following files, I zipped them up, cos I cannot get something to work. Managing resources?

To test. Run KSP. SPH add a cockpit - K series I use, click on manager thingy, up pops a window - the one from WBI that should allow you to change what the part holds, but window contents is empty, unlike the log file.

Can you spot anything?

Or suggest anything in the massive mods list that I might want to try to not load and test if it breaks stuff?

Thanks. Oh yeah, the files would be handy, hehe https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqoatpytntnw79w/save for JadeOfMaar.WBI-Manage.2..rar?dl=0

5 hours ago, Nathangun said:

Any plans to make it compatible with Kerbalism?

No, there aren't any plans. But something can happen since you asked.

2 hours ago, Apaseall said:

click on manager thingy, up pops a window - the one from WBI that should allow you to change what the part holds, but window contents is empty, unlike the log file.

I'm sorry, man. I'm not going to install all those mods as shown in your log file. :( Your problem sounds, though, like a known glitch that was already fixed (at the end of 1.3.1).

I completely understand about not wanting to install all those mods. What can I say, I like mods.

I am a little confused by the comment that 'it sounds like a known glitch that was already fixed'.

The bit I am confused about is that it was already fixed.

I think I have the most up to date versions of each mod installed.

By 1.3.1 I take it you mean KSP version 1.3.1? If so then what does that mean for KSP 1.4.3.2152?

I guess my next approach will be to strip out all mods apart from WBI and OPT.

I will keep to posted on how that goes.

Thanks for taking a look.

I'm having an issue with Tweakscale, if I resize the main wings, in particular. It's not the fuel volume, but the collider (I think) that's giving me grief. All of the main wings are too small for FAR, but upsizing them beyond about 120% causes the craft to become stuck to the runway, with no amount of thrust able to break it loose. It seems as if a collider is welded to the ground. If I smash the wings with the Object Thrower, the plane will roll under its power. I'm not sure if it's blocking the wheels, or clipping through the ground. Actually, I'm not entirely sure what it's doing at all!

Has anyone else run in this issue using Tweakscale? Thanks!

22 hours ago, Voculus said:

I'm having an issue with Tweakscale, if I resize the main wings, in particular. It's not the fuel volume, but the collider (I think) that's giving me grief. All of the main wings are too small for FAR, but upsizing them beyond about 120% causes the craft to become stuck to the runway, with no amount of thrust able to break it loose. It seems as if a collider is welded to the ground. If I smash the wings with the Object Thrower, the plane will roll under its power. I'm not sure if it's blocking the wheels, or clipping through the ground. Actually, I'm not entirely sure what it's doing at all!

Has anyone else run in this issue using Tweakscale? Thanks!

Have you added the world stabilizing mod? That might help with the being stuck to the runway issue.

I use FAR but I pretty much sick with Big-S Delta wings.

Release 1.1

• Added Battery tank type among the defaults
  • Made all tank types switchable in-flight except Structural and Battery
  • Added Kerbalism support including many B9 tank options for un-crewed parts
  • Added Near Future Propulsion support

Honeyview_screenshot636.jpg

DOWNLOAD :: SPACEDOCK ::

@Nathangun Here you go. ;) 

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I see the support for Near Future Propulsion is to allow storage of Lithium and ArgonGas. There is an optional config for Near Future Propulsion that changes the gas that HET's use from Argon to Xenon.

I am not sure but there may be a possibility to being able to use other gases. Thought I would bring this to your attention.

Just now, Apaseall said:

Thought I would bring this to your attention.

Oh really? Thanks. As you mention it, maybe I should have made Xenon a default option (as Kerbalism does so). I either forgot or declined as it's kinda silly, the idea of moving a big, heavy OPT spaceplane on Xenon. But any more information is welcome. :) 

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Oh really? Thanks. As you mention it, maybe I should have made Xenon a default option (as Kerbalism does so). I either forgot or declined as it's kinda silly, the idea of moving a big, heavy OPT spaceplane on Xenon. But any more information is welcome. :) 

I happen to know as I am messing around with Xenon and Ion propulsion right this moment! Huge amounts of power required.

On the bright side...you can store the Xenon as a liquid, if you use an IFS Cryo tank. You will need to patch the conversion of liquid to gas, as the default values are too slow. The patch is simple and changes how much energy the convertor is able to pull. I slapped a tiny gas tank on, so the gas has somewhere to go to. Insane amounts of delta V. But tiny tiny thrust. Which breaks just about any sort of flight aid like mechjeb as all assume large thrust over small time. Don't get me started on KSPIE waste heat management...

Here is a snippet from the Extra option;

Spoiler

// Causes the NF Propulsion HETs to use Xenon as fuel
@PART[ionArgon-0625]:AFTER[NearFuturePropulsion]
{
  -EFFECTS {}
  EFFECTS
  {
    engage
    {
      AUDIO
      {
        channel = Ship
        clip = NearFuturePropulsion/Sounds/IonArgonOn
        volume = 1.0
        pitch = 1.0
        loop = false
      }
    }
    flameout
    {
      PREFAB_PARTICLE
      {
        prefabName = fx_exhaustSparks_flameout_2
        transformName = thrustTransform
        oneShot = true
      }
      AUDIO
      {
        channel = Ship
        clip = NearFuturePropulsion/Sounds/GenericFlameout
        volume = 1.0
        pitch = 1.0
        loop = false
      }
    }
    run_hallm_core
    {
      AUDIO
      {
        channel = Ship
        clip = NearFuturePropulsion/Sounds/IonArgonLoop01
        volume = 0.0 0.0
        volume = 0.01 0.1
        volume = 0.5 0.2
        volume = 1.0 0.4
        pitch = 0.0 1.2
        pitch = 0.5 1.2
        pitch = 1.0 1.2
        loop = true
      }
      MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
      {
        modelName = NearFuturePropulsion/FX/ionArgon-0625-01-xe-core
        transformName = fxTransform1
        emission = 0.0 0.0
        emission = 0.01 0.1
        emission = 0.075 0.25
        emission = 1.0 1.0
        speed = 0.0 0.35
        speed = 1.0 1.0
      }
    }
    run_hallm_plume
    {

MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
      {
        modelName = NearFuturePropulsion/FX/ionArgon-0625-1-xe-glow
        transformName = fxTransform2
        emission = 0.0 0.0
        emission = 0.01 0.1
        emission = 0.075 0.25
        emission = 1.0 1.0
        speed = 0.0 0.35
        speed = 1.0 1.0
      }
    }
  }
  @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
  {
    @PROPELLANT[ElectricCharge]
    {
      @ratio = 14.381750
    }
    @PROPELLANT[ArgonGas]
    {
      @name = XenonGas
    }
  }
  @MODULE[FXModuleAnimateThrottle]
  {
      @animationName = ionArgon-0625-1-Xenon-Throttle
  }
}

My idea was to look at using Xenon for interplanetary burns.

2 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Don't get me started on KSPIE waste heat management...

Lol! The idea of that is great, but I know.......

I expect TWR to bottom out, yeah. You must be a madman or quite a genius to dare with Xenon main engines. Anyway, good thing I added that battery tank type. I mainly did it for OPT's own engines. I wonder just how much EC a given tank holds......I haven't actually looked right at that in KSP.

I have lots of different engines. DCNT, RBCC-8, J-60D, Lynx.AttachableThruster, engine-lfo-advanced-125-1, engine-lfo-25-1, mk4liftfan-10-1 and ionXenon-0625. I can get surprising altitude with DCNT. Which helps with carrying or not the fuel you need to use for launch.

I've considered for a long time now, making my WarpJets (some in OPT Legacy) optionally use Xenon and overcome this issue. The OPT WarpJets are single-mode engines right now and were meant to have an option for effective vacuum operation but I declined it as at the time, using raw atmosphere from the launchpad to interplanetary transfer seemed quite OP no matter how I look at it.

What's DCNT? (Well, just the N)

Direct Cycle Nuclear Turbine. part = KspiNuclearJetEngine. KSPIE.

Shall we say getting it to fly is interesting. Everything on max, apart from Ion's. Hold the brake for cycling up. Hope for enough lift at end of run way. Cut all but the DCNT. Gently climb for free. Add in RBCC-8's for atmospheric fuel eff. Cut in J-60D's as RBCC-8's approach peak performance. Switch off DCNT to avoid overheating, and switch them to LF for later. Let J-60D's and RBCC-8's max out in atmo. Turn off RBCC-8's. Switch J-60D's to rocket. Add in DCNT now in LF mode. Cut DCNT when apoapsis nears good value. Throttle down on J-60D's to meet final apoapsis target. Use J-60D's for circ burn. Switch to Ion for interplanetary. Simples!

Oh and not forgetting to use Davon and AA whilst having one of each engine type info up, along with lots of mechjeb windows.

Yes I do need my 4K monitor lol.

Did I mention turning on pitch control on the roll elevons and secondary pitch elevons for take off? Have to turn them off soon after for stable flight.

Edited by Apaseall

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.