Dark's Collection of Random Short Stories/Deleted Scenes

DarkOwl57

So as you may know, I have a notebook practically filled with story excerpts and ideas that I consult when writing my chapters. This helps me clear my mind, find something to do and give myself something to stand on when I'm looking deep into the future (i.e., I already know how I want Part 1 of LATT to end and for Part 2 to begin). However, sometimes the parts don't make the cut. They become irrelevant, I forget to put them in, the plot doesn't allow for it, or I don't feel like the excerpt works in the story at all. This is my collection of them all. Here you'll find ideas ranging all the way back to Civil War (For some reason I can't italicize Civil War without italicizing the whole paragraph. Mods? Help) to some LATT ideas. You'll also find the start for series that never really got off the ground, and maybe, depending on what y'all think, the series might just become a thing. So for now, sit back, relax, and enjoy the tour.

This was a short story idea that I had planned after discovering a tiny island in the middle of nowhere called Midway. I ended up running a plane out of fuel while exploring, ejected, and, using an ejector seat mod, managed to land on the island safely. I got a helicopter, rescued poor Lugas, and flew away into the night. So what did I do? I made a story out of it. It's not a good one by any means- definitely not up to my current standards at least. One of those in-the-moment kinds of things. Also, the ships were named from @SpannerMonkey(smce) 's SM Marine mod. And this V-44 Osprey... Don't ask.

After typing this, I realized two things. 1) My writing relied heavily on commas back in the day. 2) The word choices were abysmal. Still, the memories are good to have.

I had a second part for this, but I'll upload that later. Right now, LATT needs Chapter 25.

At just over 6:00 am, one week ago, the Kommunist forces of Arcadia began shelling the coast of Midway Island- a critical naval stronghold for the UK (United Kerbin) as it is situated in a perfect spot for Naval operations. Two 898-class Battleships, as well as one Dallas Class sub and two Swordfish class patrol boats were all stationed at Midway but were all on tour in the Lesser Kerbin Sea at the time of this attack. At 3:00 am, six days after the shelling began, Lt. Col. Scott Kerman, base commander of Midway Island Military facilities, ordered a full retreat to be carried out by multiple V-44 Osperies.

As soon as the coastal defenses were abandoned, enemy battleships about 5km off the coast began shelling the island again. This is where we start...

Lugas panted as a shell whined downward and exploded only a few feet away. Dirt flew up into the air as a loud scream and a cry for a medic split the already shattered air. Arcadian SU-30 Falx fighters screamed as they flew overhead- dropping bombs and laser-guided missiles around the small battalion of 30. The group ran past the fallen soldier- a few casting apologetic glances in his direction before running for their lives. In a war zone, it's kill or be killed. Survival of the fittest has never been more real.

Just then, another shell landed close, and a piece of shrapnel pierced Lugas's arm. Hissing, he pulled it out and threw it onto the ground as he kept running. The group, which had numbered at around 45 when the retreat order had begun, was down to only 10. They stumbled down a hill and continued running towards the relative safety of the southeastern harbor. Then, a shell hit directly in the middle of the group. Soldiers, dirt, rocks, and various body parts went flying into the air as Lugas was thrown backward into the air. He slammed into the ground and rolled down the hill- feeling the wind knocked out of him with every roll. Finally, he reached the bottom and tried to diagnose himself. There was metal stuck in his leg just below the knee, and something was sticking out of the side of his stomach.

"Wait!" Lugas cried out as two soldiers ran past. Their helmets were on sideways, and rifles were hanging off in various awkward angles as they fled the carnage. "Please!" Lugas tried helplessly to crawl after them as they ran off- ignoring him in their own bid to live. Eventually, all Lugas heard was the far-off thuds of shell hits and the chirping of crickets in the valley. A yellow glow flashed up with each thud, and to the south, white fluorescent lights glowed over the horizon.

Relying on instinct, Lugas grabbed his pack with a small pack of medical supplies. He grabbed some medical tape and some gauze and got himself patched up. Okay, he thought cautiously as he braced himself. He stood up and took a tentative step. However, as soon as he took that step, a loud thumping came up over the hill. Lugas watched as 6 V-44 Osprey quad-tiltrotors lifted up into the air, taking off and fleeing the island. He was alone on an island of death.

----

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.