Realism Overhaul with Kerbalism

NFunky

Anyone had any luch integrating these two mods?  RO is amazing, but there are some key realism features I miss without Kerbalism, like radiation belts, solar flares, crew comfort/sanity, and limited part lifespans with breakdowns/repairs.

On first glance, it looks like I can install Kerbalism over an RO install, and I don't get any errors on startup.  I'm mainly looking to see if anyone's made an RO profile for Kerbalism, as the default one is only for the Kerbol system, and I had to make up my own rough estimates for my RSS/Stockalike install.  Also, I'd love to know if there are any conflicts between the two mod, before I've spent hours on a career.

Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI for anyone who's interested, I've found a very nice RSS profile for Kerbalism.  It's not for Realism Overhaul though, so all it really does is scale up Kerbalism's time scales, etc. to work with Real Solar System.  Works really well so far, and I think, with some tweaking, I can get everything pretty comparable with RO values.  (May need some help with part masses, etc.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t79oy944jwpvjgs/kerbalism-rss-profile.zip?dl=0

• 2 years later...
14 hours ago, Probro said:

tried to get kerbalism in ckan but it didnt work so im just gonna have to download it manually

I’m not really sure you’re on topic for this (three year old) thread, but CKAN should install Kerbalism perfectly well in just about any recent version of KSP- you may have to search in ‘all’ rather than ‘compatible’ to find it as it hasn’t had an update in a while, but it still works in 1.11.1. Make sure you get the right config for it too: the full config does everything- science, radiation, life support, part failures- while the science only config just does science and the RO Kerbalism config is intended for use with RO/RSS, not the stock solar system.

(Unlike when the OP originally asked this question, today there is a proper Kerbalism config for RO and if you’re using RO/RP-1 then I recommend it for a more realistic experience, with science experiments that actually take some time to run, proper life support and radiation effects too; no part failures though, that’s covered by test flight/test lite instead.)

12 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I’m not really sure you’re on topic for this (three year old) thread, but CKAN should install Kerbalism perfectly well in just about any recent version of KSP- you may have to search in ‘all’ rather than ‘compatible’ to find it as it hasn’t had an update in a while, but it still works in 1.11.1. Make sure you get the right config for it too: the full config does everything- science, radiation, life support, part failures- while the science only config just does science and the RO Kerbalism config is intended for use with RO/RSS, not the stock solar system.

(Unlike when the OP originally asked this question, today there is a proper Kerbalism config for RO and if you’re using RO/RP-1 then I recommend it for a more realistic experience, with science experiments that actually take some time to run, proper life support and radiation effects too; no part failures though, that’s covered by test flight/test lite instead.)

yes im trying to use the RO config with 1.8.1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.