[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Dang Kommies/Krussians. You can count on them to have a ticket (or be selling the tickets) for this kind of party. :rolleyes:

....Planet mod? I really like what you did there.

Snarkverse is the one the moves the planets about , then there is a mix an mash of about 6 or 7 other visual packs , runs around 8gb of ram with that lot .

...........................................................................................................

I'm blaming Gerry Anderson for this idea , swop a sound file in the mod and................

Edited by Puggonaut 2
Added Video

6 hours ago, vardicd said:

@Angel-125 I did have one question about the k2 supercomputer experiment, that I'm unclear on, and forgive me if it was clarified somewhere and I missed it. Is it supposed to be runnable anywhere, and ONLY give you the possibility of unlocking saucer tech if used next to a crashed saucer, or is it ONLY supposed to be runnable at a crashed saucer?

Quote: "The only caveat is the Kray Kray supercomputer. It's as expensive as an SSME, but there's a small chance that you'll achieve a breakthrough and unlock parts in one of the alien tech tree nodes- but only if you're running its experiment next to a crashed flying saucer. The K2 is conveniently the size of the Buckboard 1000... "

It should only operate in close proximity to a UFO anomaly, but with mods like xScience and KEI, I can't guarantee that.

@Puggonaut Those videos are amazing! :)

12 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It should only operate in close proximity to a UFO anomaly, but with mods like xScience and KEI, I can't guarantee that.

@Puggonaut Those videos are amazing! :)

Thanks , but you should take the Credit for your amazing Mod's , I think I have all of them , going all the way back to KSP Ver 1.05 :lol:

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

That's what I thought, but even without KEI and X-science I seem to still get the option to run it, landed anywhere. I'll completely remove those 2 mods and check again later tonight after I get off work to be sure, and let you know if the option still exists.

Little issue... The mirror symmetry is not quite right. Not a big problem, just throwing it up.

liNeB7O.png

Plus some thoughts on the gravitic engine. 

Once you add some throttle you're accelerating no matter what. To slow down you have to kill the throttle and let physics slow you down or click the reverse button and throttle up. What if, when you are in motion, have a throttle setting (10% or below for example) start a forced braking of the craft? The braking effect would continue until the crafts momentum reaches ~0m/s or the throttle position is zero. It also may be handy to have a button on the hover window to kill all horizontal momentum. 

Edited by shdwlrd

15 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Little issue... The mirror symmetry is not quite right. Not a big problem, just throwing it up.

liNeB7O.png

Plus some thoughts on the gravitic engine. 

Once you add some throttle you're accelerating no matter what. To slow down you have to kill the throttle and let physics slow you down or click the reverse button and throttle up. What if, when you are in motion, have a throttle setting (10% or below for example) start a forced braking of the craft? The braking effect would continue until the crafts momentum reaches ~0m/s or the throttle position is zero. It also may be handy to have a button on the hover window to kill all horizontal momentum. 

I’m not sure how to fix the symmetry issue off hand, that’ll take some investigation. For the engine, it might be a side effect of how I am applying force to the parts. I might need to revisit that next week. Meanwhile I should have a patch to resolve the problems with the hydroscoop later today, so expect a patch for that followed by another one one I see what can be done with the engine.

@DeltaDizzy There’s also the Close Encounters of The Third Kind translation... ;)

KFS 0.2.2 is now available:

- NRE fixes for turning on/off converters when BARIS isn't installed.
- Fixed missing IntakeLqd on the Hydroscoop.
- Removed RPM dependency - Thanks to MOARdv for updating MAS to support the ASET Avionics Hub!
  NOTE: You'll need MAS 0.16.0.

I haven't been able to duplicate the issue with LFO appearing on the wing tank after setting up omni storage and duplicating the part.

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any support in the community Tech tree for this mod yet? If not, then where would the parts show up?

e4HBzal.png

EDIT: I consider what angel just said as the caption to this picture.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is there any support in the community Tech tree for this mod yet? If not, then where would the parts show up?

KFS has its own nodes but they shouldn't interfere with CTT. I set the science values up to be compatible with CTT as well.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

haven't been able to duplicate the issue with LFO appearing on the wing tank after setting up omni storage and duplicating the part.

I will try to reproduce and document the issue better after I'm done getting MAS to play nicely with the WBI VTOL Manager. :)

I think I have a new freighter. 24 tonnes of ore into orbit with ease.

e0iurOz.png

9 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

For the engine, it might be a side effect of how I am applying force to the parts. I might need to revisit that next week.

Over all, it performs very well. It's just a little overpowered on the low end of the throttle. One tap on the shift key and you're of at ~1 m/s/s. Maybe changing the acceleration curve so it's a little flat at the bottom end of the throttle range and ramps up as you increase the throttle. 

Just a quick question about the engine. Is the acceleration and max speed tied to the ISP

5 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

I think I have a new freighter. 24 tonnes of ore into orbit with ease.

Over all, it performs very well. It's just a little overpowered on the low end of the throttle. One tap on the shift key and you're of at ~1 m/s/s. Maybe changing the acceleration curve so it's a little flat at the bottom end of the throttle range and ramps up as you increase the throttle. 

Just a quick question about the engine. Is the acceleration and max speed tied to the ISP

Love the freighter! :) Having the acceleration ramp up sounds like an interesting idea, I'll have to think about that. Thanks for the suggestion. :) Engine acceleration isn't tied to ISP as there's no impulse being delivered. I wanted something that was both familiar and alien, and since the engine manipulates gravity, it's rated for the maximum acceleration that it can deliver. The more GravityWaves you feed it, the more mass you can accelerate. This kind of thing hasn't been done before so there's still some issues to sort through. I'm hoping to get it settled before starting in on the mothership..

I crashed into Eve and destroyed the cockpit but some how the rest of the craft survived. Don't crazy mode into land folks. :) But I started getting some NRE's once I lost control of the craft.

[WRN 20:28:28.670] [F: 427070]: Vessel ufo crashed through terrain on Eve.
[LOG 20:28:28.672] wbiA51Cockpit (ufo) Exploded!! - blast awesomeness: 0.1
[LOG 20:28:28.707] [wbiA51Cockpit (ufo)]: Deactivated
[LOG 20:28:28.903] [Pilot Assistant 1.13.1]: loading preset for craft wbiA51GraviticEngine
[LOG 20:28:28.903] [Pilot Assistant 1.13.1]: False 
[LOG 20:28:28.920] 1 explosions created.
[LOG 20:28:28.920] [Progress Node Reached]: Splashdown
[LOG 20:28:28.920] [Progress Node Complete]: Splashdown
[ERR 20:28:52.830] Module WBIGraviticEngine threw during OnFixedUpdate: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIGraviticEngine.UpdateThrust () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at WildBlueIndustries.WBIGraviticEngine.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It's just an excerpt of the log for the crash. I'm also seeing resource related NRE's. They seem to be harmless but NRE's are never a good thing.

Here is the download link for the log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5m7tczx13tplhmb/KSP kfs 060318.zip?dl=0

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, Angel-125 said:

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:01 PM, vardicd said:

That's what I thought, but even without KEI and X-science I seem to still get the option to run it, landed anywhere. I'll completely remove those 2 mods and check again later tonight after I get off work to be sure, and let you know if the option still exists.

Okay, after testing this, it is working as you intended. If I have the k2 anywhere other than near a crashed UFO, I can build lab time, and can click the start experiment button and it consumes all my stored lab time, but gives no science or results. That is with and without the xscience and KEI mods installed. Both of those mods can force it to give you science where it shouldn't if you use their interfaces for it, but as long as you only use the interface for the part, it functions, or fails to function as intended.