[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

KFS 0.2.3 is now available:

- Gravitic engine acceleration now relies on accelerationCurve, which is tied to the throttle setting and thrust limiter. The accelerationCurve will likely need performance tuning...
- Fixed symmetry issues with Flapjack saucer sections.
- Fixed issue where acceleration could be applied even when the gravitic engine wasn't running.
- Fixed NREs generated when a saucer crashes.
- Fixed FX warnings generated when a saucer crashes.
- Fixed OmniStorage not remembering its storage configuration. NOTE: You might need to redo your omni storage containers.
- Fixed OmniStorge issue with KIS volume configuration.

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@vardicd, Well, at least something's working right today. :) KEI and xScience need to exclude the new experiments, then things will work properly.

Have you spoken to the creators/maintainers of those mods? if not I'd be happy to send them a message about it, for you. Just don't want to double spam them if you've already reached out to them.

Just now, vardicd said:

Have you spoken to the creators/maintainers of those mods? if not I'd be happy to send them a message about it, for you. Just don't want to double spam them if you've already reached out to them.

Haven't done that, so if you have the time and wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it. The experiments in question are: GravioliumStudy and wbiSaucerResearchExperiment

Thanks! :)

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@vardicd, Well, at least something's working right today. :) KEI and xScience need to exclude the new experiments, then things will work properly.

@shdwlrd I'm tracking down the resource converter issues you're having. Do you have BARIS installed along with KFS?

Hi @Angel-125

What are the experiments you want excluded from KEI?

I'll also make sure that ExperimentTracker won't be doing anything either

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Haven't done that, so if you have the time and wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate it. The experiments in question are: GravioliumStudy and wbiSaucerResearchExperiment

Done, I'm not sure if x science is currently being actively updated more than just simple dll updates to keep it current, but I posted to Z-key aerospace and Warezcrawler, who seems to be doing some of the updating, and we'll see if we get a response there, and of course, linuxgurugamer has already reached out to you [see above] :D I'll let you know if I hear anything from the x science people, but hopefully you'll hear from them directly. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

10 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

If you're able: GravioliumStudy and wbiSaucerResearchExperiment

It's as simple as adding two lines to a text file.  Please confirm the case, I see that a lot of other WBI experiments are excluded, but their case is different:

WBICoreSampleAnalysis
WBIBiomeAnalysis
WBISoilAnalysis

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's as simple as adding two lines to a text file.  Please confirm the case, I see that a lot of other WBI experiments are excluded, but their case is different:

WBICoreSampleAnalysis
WBIBiomeAnalysis
WBISoilAnalysis

Those too would be great to add. They're from Pathfinder and are also timed experiments.

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Those too would be great to add. They're from Pathfinder and are also timed experiments.

That is already done.  The complete list of excluded WBI experiments are:

WBISpaceResearch
WBISpaceAdaptionStudy
WBIPowerToolsEvaluation
WBIConstructionTechniques
WBICrystalGrowth
WBIIceCreamResearch
WBITemperatureStudy
WBIThermalStudy
WBIGooStudy
WBICryogenicResourceStudy
WBILongTermCryogenicMiniStudy
WBIMESS
WBICryogenicStudy
WBILongTermCryogenicStudy
WBICryogenicRadiationStudy
WBISurfaceConstructionStudy
WBIKNUTS
WBIBRE
WBISAME
WBICoreSampleAnalysis
WBIBiomeAnalysis
WBISoilAnalysis
WBIMetallurgyAnalysis
WBIChemicalAnalysis
WBIExtractionAnalysis
GravioliumStudy
wbiSaucerResearchExperiment

8 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I just released a new version of KEI with those updates, among others.

I also changed the way exceptions are stored. You can now just have a local cfg file which lists exceptions, formatted like this:

KEI_EXCLUDED_EXPERIMENTS
{
	experiment = GravioliumStudy
	experiment = wbiSaucerResearchExperiment
}

You don't need to do these, I've already included them in the mod.  No need to do a MM config either, just have this ConfigNode with all the new experiments you don't want included in KEI, and it should be picked up

I found a cheat with the managed hover mode in the gravitic engine - I can get airborne using manual VTOL mode (using the throttle) and watch the engine consume gravity waves, but when I use managed hover, I can adjust the throttle to 0 and hover (or change altitude even) for free.  I think the engine needs to override the manual throttle setting when managed hover is engaged to ensure resource consumption.  Although having free infinite hover is fun, too.

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just released a new version of KEI with those updates, among others.

I also changed the way exceptions are stored. You can now just have a local cfg file which lists exceptions, formatted like this:

KEI_EXCLUDED_EXPERIMENTS
{
	experiment = GravioliumStudy
	experiment = wbiSaucerResearchExperiment
}

You don't need to do these, I've already included them in the mod.  No need to do a MM config either, just have this ConfigNode with all the new experiments you don't want included in KEI, and it should be picked up

Much appreciated, thank you :)

1 hour ago, MOARdV said:

I found a cheat with the managed hover mode in the gravitic engine - I can get airborne using manual VTOL mode (using the throttle) and watch the engine consume gravity waves, but when I use managed hover, I can adjust the throttle to 0 and hover (or change altitude even) for free.  I think the engine needs to override the manual throttle setting when managed hover is engaged to ensure resource consumption.  Although having free infinite hover is fun, too.

Oh I totally forgot about that! The stock engine module handles propellant consumption but it’s based on throttle setting. In managed hover the engine code is bypassed. I need to either set the engine throttle or manually consume GravityWaves. Good spot! :)

Edited by Angel-125

So, this happened when attempting to load in the command module:

QfB3KfP.pngFrom ShowUI downwards.

I'm unable to pan around, add other parts, or even leave the SPH after adding the command pod. I can open a new craft file, though.

Any idea what's causing this?

41 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

So, this happened when attempting to load in the command module:

QfB3KfP.pngFrom ShowUI downwards.

I'm unable to pan around, add other parts, or even leave the SPH after adding the command pod. I can open a new craft file, though.

Any idea what's causing this?

I haven’t seen that, it could be a mod conflict.

I’ve got the Hover Manager updated to properly consume GravityWaves when hovering, and am working on having GravityWaves drain away when the generator isn’t running. Only the GravityWaves in the part get drained. I never intended for them to stay around indefinitely even when the generator is off...

2 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

Confirmed. Tweakable Everything and KFS do NOT play nice. Removing TE allowed me to use KFS normally.

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. :P

It's looking for something called "TodicusTools" from what I see in the logs. Maybe that's another download?

I thought I had it installed, but a quick check of my install showed it to be missing. Not sure how I missed updating it. That said, it only seems to throw an issue with the KFS command pod, as stock and several modpack command pods do not throw the same bug. So I suspect that it's something unique to KFS that's freaking it out.

I'll give it a whirl in a bit with a fresh install of all mods involved and see if that fixes things, or if it still acts weird.

EDIT: Nope, no weirdness. We're good. :D

Edited by MaverickSawyer