[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

Awesome clutter. Sugar for energy. Coffee for the long hours. Whiskey for napping. I knocked out my Kerbals and they sleeping with their eyes open, think they lack eyelids. 

I suspect Kerbals like their coffee with a lot sugar. I think squad had missed opportunity when not fleshing out the back story of the Kerbals. In one way it leaves room for making your own interpretation. For me they always been like genius 6 year olds. 

Starting to work on the cockpit:

cp20hXU.png

LyMJyPy.png

That big monitor is intended to show the left/right side views via camera. Of course you can use them for other things. Not enough time to make the SpaceX touchscreen, so I have to stick to MAS/ASET MFDs for now. I'm aiming for end of next week for an alpha release. :)

Edited by Angel-125

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Last images of the night:

6n1SE9S.png

Oh the irony...

• Microsoft Windows.
  • The UFO in the portrait.
  • The UFO (basically anything, really) currently being piloted by a kerbal.

The irony is that all 3 of these crash. Fabulously.

: D

*cue Windows 98/XP theme song remix*

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:
  • Microsoft Windows.
  • The UFO in the portrait.
  • The UFO (basically anything, really) currently being piloted by a kerbal.

The irony is that all 3 of these crash. Fabulously.

: D

*cue Windows 98/XP theme song remix*

I think Kerbals only endorse Windows Millennium. The unpredictable results are mildly amusing for Kerbals. There is also great comfort in being able blame the computers. 

rmZ2A0L.png

Let there be instrument lights! :) Thanks to @MOARdV and @G'th, the instruments are up and running. MAS = awesome. If MAS gets a HUD, even more so. While I do like the MFDs, they are temporary until I can make the SpaceX-styled touchscreens for a more Star Trek-ish look. My goal is to have onscreen buttons for things like action groups. @MOARdV put a lot of work into MAS, and the lua scripting really opens up a lot of doors. So, once I add a few more props and beat my head on the desk trying to get the side-view cameras to work (I have to RTFM for that), the cockpit will be done. You'll need ASET Props, ASET Avionics, RPM, and MAS to make it all work. Once the cockpit is done, I have a couple of parts to make and some bugs to stomp, but I'm back on track for an alpha release by end of next week. :)

3 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Someone at the KSC must of really pushed for the flight manuals. We know the the crew doesn't read them. :D Good work, I'm liking how it's turning out. 

Not just kerbals, humans too. I've made wiki pages and KSPedia pages for my mods but people don't read them and then come complain that they can't figure things out.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Not just kerbals, humans too. I've made wiki pages and KSPedia pages for my mods but people don't read them and then come complain that they can't figure things out.

Hey, I read the wikis! :-) 

It's not my fault I have memory issues and forget from where some parts are! (yeah, it's about that Construction Krane! =P ). =D =D

7 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I was guilty of that, completely forgot there was an ingame KSPedia.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Last image for tonight:

3cCKEcG.png

Thanks for the suggestion @MOARdV! :)Tomorrow I'll tackle the side-view cameras.

Okay, the ref on the parking pass is nice.

Oh, and hats off to anyone else who sees the truly subtle nod on it, not just the obvious Area 51 refs. ;)