[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

5 hours ago, vardicd said:

@Angel-125 Just noticed with the K2 super computer, it seems like it needs labtime to function, but in my current campaign, I'm only using your Heisenberg airship mod and now Kerbal Flying Saucers mod, and I'm not currently seeing a way to generate lab time. [which to be fair, I may need to get farther into the tech tree for parts, not sure. so far the only lab I have is the gondo lab, which doesn't seem to generate lab time, at least not yet] Is this mod dependent on your other mods to generate lab time?

The K2 has a button that lets you start and stop a simulator. That simulator generates LabTime. It is very slow, and you need a lot of electricity, but it'll get the job done.

3 hours ago, Infernx1 said:

Say, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but none of the parts seem to show up. Do you have a step-by-step installation guide, assuming I already downloaded the 4 extra mods?

Be sure to copy all the folders into your GameData folder.

@Puggonaut Those look great! I can also see that I need to tone down the droning sound...

2 hours ago, Sunesha said:

I played around this afternoon, love it. :o

I had some troubles, mostly my own fault. I try figure out all new resources and took me quite while to figure out that couldn't buy graviolioum in the SPH and had to use the refinery in the space center. I off course just unintentionally just ignored the message that flash my screen multiple times. The tool tips are a life saver, I would be so clueless without them. Sometimes however they seem spawn like 20 times on top off each other. I am not able to make reproduce this and have seen no pattern why it happens sometimes. If I spot a pattern I will report back.

Question, Anyone know a trick to get AVR0 "Coanda" Hoverjet to hover at slow speed?

I want hover around menacing ;). I am completly new to the VTOL flying and can't get enough intake air to keep hovering, I am not sure where and how to add intakes on such a craft. I do fine if use alt-F12 and give myself unlimited intake air. Option is of course the gravity engine. I did some diving with the new gravity engine. But I definitely have to get used to new way of flying. 

Question, Is there anyway to hide the "VTOL Manager" interface.?

It doesn't hide itself while pressing F2. I want shoot some video and this is distracting.

I've seen the multiple windows too, I haven't figured out why that's happening yet. I think there's a way to detect when the game UI is hidden; if I can find that then I can make the window go away too.

The trick to using the Coanda is to have a very light craft. Don't load up on LiquidFuel or you'll be weighed down and can't take off.

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This seems to be duplicated, I'm just confirming that all 4 of these mods are required.

ASET Props, RPM, MAS, and ASET Avionics are all needed. Maybe when more props are ported over to MAS I can reduce that...

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

ASET Props, RPM, MAS, and ASET Avionics are all needed. Maybe when more props are ported over to MAS I can reduce that...

If you want to PM me a list of RPM props you're using, I can look into porting some of them over.  I'm working on some internal improvements to MAS, and I've been updating a few MAS props.  Getting RPM out of the way may help with performance.

Just now, MOARdV said:

If you want to PM me a list of RPM props you're using, I can look into porting some of them over.  I'm working on some internal improvements to MAS, and I've been updating a few MAS props.  Getting RPM out of the way may help with performance.

I don't have a list per se, just use what's in the mods

2 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

That would be awesome, thank you :) I need ASET Avionics and RPM just for the HUD; everything else comes from ASET Props and MAS. Like I said, MAS is a welcome improvement over RPM :)

Quick Question in future updates will the Gravvi engine wotsit (<---------technical term honest) , you know the blue one with all the whirly parts an blue mist , actually be able to lift off vertically , as in fire the engine , an up you go ?

1 minute ago, Puggonaut said:

Quick Question in future updates will the Gravvi engine wotsit (<---------technical term honest) , you know the blue one with all the whirly parts an blue mist , actually be able to lift off vertically , as in fire the engine , an up you go ?

You mean will it ever work like a normal engine?

33 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

It does that now. If you don't want to use Hover Mode, simply open the VTOL manager, find the FWD, REV, and VTOL buttons, and press the VTOL button. You'll be able to fly in VTOL flight without the need of the Hover Manager. Be sure to turn on your gravitic generator to produce GravityWaves, and have a power system that can power the generator.

The gravitic engine is not a normal engine. It's based on max acceleration, not max thrust. Best to keep in mind that it's an alien engine; it doesn't work quite the same way as other engines in KSP. :)

Edited by Angel-125

43 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

In the VTOL manager, where you choose between FWD, REV, VTOL, choose VTOL and make sure HOVR is off. Then you can have vertical acceleration tied to throttle.

W5aDW1P.jpg

KenpKC5.jpg

MxTqPmG.jpg

av5Iv5B.jpg

ydljAgU.jpg

I made a thing, somewhat less traditionally propelled than other flying saucers, but since the new jet engine sounds in KSP make my ears hurt, I can't use them to fly, so until I unlock the gravity engine, it's propellers only for my non-orbital saucers. Loving the mod. @Angel-125

Edited by vardicd

Hmmm... Odd bug (? Might be something missing) when starting to build. I select the saucer command pod, and the whole SPH freezes up. Can't select any othe rparts, can't slew the camera around, nothing. I can select the save and open buttons, so long as I don't right click on the command pod. If I do right click, I can't do anything at all.

I do have the dependencies installed, so I'm going to start hunting and seeing which mod is causing conflicts.

22 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It looks... Intrepid... I like it. :) 

Thanks. :) 

@Angel-125 I did run into one small issue. I wasn't able to purchase Graviolium in sandbox mode. I'm playing classic stock. Log file to follow...

Some more screen shots from yesterday. I really need to remember to hide the UI when doing screen shots.

LX2jWRv.png 

G19e8BR.png

Don't mind the missing IVA props. I was so excited to play around with a flying saucer that I forgot to download the props. 

PhYeUbc.png

3 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Thanks. :) 

@Angel-125 I did run into one small issue. I wasn't able to purchase Graviolium in sandbox mode. I'm playing classic stock. Log file to follow...

Love the pics! :) For the Refinery in Sandbox, try opening the window and turning on timewarp. See if it accumulates.

The Voyager IV Blimp heads to the arctic to deliver a new science complement to my K-52 research base:

QmpUYDR.jpg

Carrying a little something to help the researchers get around and collect samples:

jPniw1q.jpg

Hopefully we'll get some engineering breakthroughs soon to get the fancy tech for these saucers. :D

Soooo....

...was so eager to give this beauty of a mod a try, I set up a brand new install of 1.4.3 just for it, and I made a thing...

EhugzNd.png

Er... cue that noise when Excelsior first tries to go to warp... :blush:

OK, still need to figure this out...
(warning, gif heavy...)

Spoiler

I thought the shiny new unobtanium engine applied thrust right at the center of mass?

jL2tP42.gif

Instructions unclear, died of dysentery...

Maybe I need to start nice and slow instead...

iqMNrWb.gif

Hmm, nope. Trying again.
Note to self: make vet appt to get dog de-wormed.
Addendum to self: acquire dog first.

Maybe... it's the atmosphere? Let's try space...

4Vs7CDn.gif

Scotty doesn't know where the stop button is...

Ok, maybe two engines don't play well together, let's just ditch that other one by overstressing the hull...

1pkM2CV.gif

Hm. Nope.

I think I broke something. Probably wasn't important.

non5ldf.png

Maybe I should just read the instructions...

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

@Angel-125

So I finally figured out the k-2 experiment, got it to work and generated results, and once I realized how it works, at least partially, I also realized that the mod:

Allows you to see the hidden science report, and do it without the whole computer process, thereby generating science points. It doesn't seem to give you the ability to unlock the more advanced science parts, but I'm not sure how using xscience will affect the actual unlocking function of your mod I don't know if there's anything you'd be able to do about it, other than maybe put a warning in the opening page about it, or if this is something you'd have to take to the maker of xscience and ask if they could update the mod to ignore your computer's science report:

oIvqDVd.jpg

Just thought you'd want to know.