[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

@Angel-125 i have a weird bug for you / @taniwha building any if these ships with EPL in orbit, just hangs the game. i tried stock DSEV and others fine, but these crash it, i think the problem may be the new switchable storage, but its just a theory as this is the first time ive made something with it.

what do you need, as its not crashing just freezing when i hit build.

loggy logs

crash.dmp
error.log
KSP.log
output_log.txt

Edited by Space Kadet

@Space Kadet: A relatively easy way to test is to edit the part's cfg to remove the switchable storage and do a fresh build with that part (preferably just that part?). The build needs to be fresh because EL stores the craft file (as such) in the pad's part module in the save, and KSP does not always handle part module siwtcheroos nicely.

On 1/16/2019 at 6:07 AM, taniwha said:

@Space Kadet: A relatively easy way to test is to edit the part's cfg to remove the switchable storage and do a fresh build with that part (preferably just that part?). The build needs to be fresh because EL stores the craft file (as such) in the pad's part module in the save, and KSP does not always handle part module siwtcheroos nicely.

Well heres some odd news, it works for all new built craft i made, with or without the part switching thing. Just not some of the example craft or the craft i made based in them.... so its a fixed issue... sort of

9 hours ago, taniwha said:

@Space Kadet: That sounds like the example craft files all need to be loaded and saved in the editor (reset their part modules).

Well thats the funny thing, they have been and some files where copied and modified crafts. And one brand new craft built on the launch bad, then on releasing the engine wouldent work, it was on and full thrust, when i quick saved and quick loaded it just wasent there... im so confused :p 

This is a single-launch station I built mostly to complete a contract, but I'm pretty pleased with it! Future versions will replace the stock mini ISRU with some EL compatible processors, but it's pretty slick! Major mods are KFS, SSPXr and Thor Tech.

UG1TYge.png

8 hours ago, Krakatoa said:

This is a single-launch station I built mostly to complete a contract, but I'm pretty pleased with it! Future versions will replace the stock mini ISRU with some EL compatible processors, but it's pretty slick! Major mods are KFS, SSPXr and Thor Tech.

UG1TYge.png

that is beautiful!

On 1/22/2019 at 3:53 PM, Krakatoa said:

I totally forgot to mention that the MAS IVA made for the flapjack gives so many options and clear views that I put that fairly large craft into a nice Kerbin orbit from IVA (the first time I think I have pulled that off).

Glad it’s going well. I am still setting into my new home and unpacking so it will be awhile before I can get bact to modding, let alone the mothership. Just too much on my plate right now. But once I can mod again I need to create a 3d printer for Pathfinder and then resume working on the mothership.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Space Kadet said:

Way cool, and definitely not what I thought of in the original design. Love it! Just wait until you unlock the gravitic engine and Crazy Mode...

I am slowly getting back to modding but there is still a lot on my plate. Right now I am focused on fixing some issues that have cropped up amongst the various mods. Then I need to make a robotic 3d printer for Pathfinder. After that it’s mothership time at last!

On 2/4/2019 at 10:57 PM, Angel-125 said:

Way cool, and definitely not what I thought of in the original design. Love it! Just wait until you unlock the gravitic engine and Crazy Mode...

I am slowly getting back to modding but there is still a lot on my plate. Right now I am focused on fixing some issues that have cropped up amongst the various mods. Then I need to make a robotic 3d printer for Pathfinder. After that it’s mothership time at last!

Yeah i noticed some lighting issues with boxed pathfinder parts i was truing to tract down for you, it was making my base building craft kill the frame rate, but ive been playin with this mod too much!

Awesome mod! Love the work that has been done for this and it's fun to play around with the parts. Thanks for making this available.

Just a quick query, did you have plans for what the ARPicons would look like for the various resources in this mod?

Graviolium
GravityWaves
StaticCharge

14 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Just a quick query, did you have plans for what the ARPicons would look like for the various resources in this mod?

Graviolium
GravityWaves
StaticCharge

The ARP icons for Angel's mods are my little project. Thanks for bringing it up. This should be the last of them that need adding overall. Well, except Oxium.

XMopMC4.png

16 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The ARP icons for Angel's mods are my little project. Thanks for bringing it up. This should be the last of them that need adding overall. Well, except Oxium.

XMopMC4.png

They look awesome! I love the detail you managed to fit into a 32x16 px area. I have to ask (but not asking for) did you think of doing similarly styled stock resource icons? 

12 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

XMopMC4.png

I lied... :| I have just as many more remaining. I better get cracking.

Hey @Space Kadet I tried whipping up a config for you so you can use TAC LS with Flying saucers (and by extension, any WBI parts with OmniWorks or OmniShop). It's not perfect but it's a great start. Greenhouse modules not included as Pathfinder and other mods provide those already and a greenhouse can't reasonably fit in a FlapJack. TACOmniConverters.cfg

There's a notable difference to the TAC modules as well, explained in their descriptions when you load them up but in short, instead of Waste byproduct they will produce appropriate Classic Stock resources that you can use elsewhere.

I forget if the FlapJack sections have OmniConverters in them. If they don't have any, I'd like to suggest you use a cargo bay section and place a "Micro ISRU" or two inside (bundled with Buffalo. I do remember that it won't fit well except near the center of the ship) or ask @Angel-125 to possibly provide a clone of the tank section but refit for an OmniShop.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

59 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hey @Space Kadet I tried whipping up a config for you so you can use TAC LS with Flying saucers (and by extension, any WBI parts with OmniWorks or OmniShop). It's not perfect but it's a great start. Greenhouse modules not included as Pathfinder and other mods provide those already and a greenhouse can't reasonably fit in a FlapJack. TACOmniConverters.cfg

There's a notable difference to the TAC modules as well, explained in their descriptions when you load them up but in short, instead of Waste byproduct they will produce appropriate Classic Stock resources that you can use elsewhere.

I forget if the FlapJack sections have OmniConverters in them. If they don't have any, I'd like to suggest you use a cargo bay section and place a "Micro ISRU" or two inside (bundled with Buffalo. I do remember that it won't fit well except near the center of the ship) or ask @Angel-125 to possibly provide a clone of the tank section but refit for an OmniShop.

Flapjack is much too small to have any converters built-in, so using a Buffalo Micro ISRU will have to suffice. If I get to a point where I can flesh out the mothership, it will definitely have a dedicated slice for omni converters.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Kerbal Flying Saucers 0.4.3 is now available.
GitHub URL: https://github.com/Angel-125/FlyingSaucers/releases/tag/v0.4.3

Changes

- Updated FX, icons, plumes, bulkhead profiles, and Flapjack breaking forces- thanks JadeOfMaar!

In addition to the above, cargo shielding now works in the FlapJack's cargo bay slice and engine mount's bay. :D Images in spoiler are a visualization of the shielding volumes.

Spoiler

Honeyview_screenshot155.jpgHoneyview_screenshot153.jpgHoneyview_screenshot154.jpg

And with the tiny Custom Bulkhead Profiles mod by taniwha, when you sort by cross-section, the UFO pieces line up nicely under the mod's name and icon:

unknown.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

• 1 month later...

So I've got an... interesting... bug. I'm playing a pretty modded game, but if I use any part from this mod, it will work fine at first. Eventually, some buttons will stop working, can't leave SPH, can't save or load crafts, etc. (I can usually still hit the launch button) If I launch the craft, it will generally work fine in flight, though twice all the UFO parts were see-though, any other parts seemed fine... when reverting to SPH... it causes a BSOD. Generally, with that being the case the first place I'd look is at my own computer, but I've spent 6+ hours straight playing the same save (nearly 3 years into the save), and zero issues until I try to build something out of the UFO parts and it is reproducible every single time I use UFO parts. The only hint I've got as to what might be the issue is when I try to load a craft that caused the BSOD, with zero changes, it gives me the following.

4lGlRR5.png

OqJo1Xt.png

upon loading the craft... the issues occur again.

Is it possible TweakScale is causing the issue?