[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

@Angel-125

Just got my first start with this.

Got a tiny little bug:

I unlocked all technologies as a test.

In the R&D building, the icon for "Saucer Technologies" is missing

Let me know if you need anything else, IMHO I don't think you need a log file for this :D

edit:  See followup post below

Edited by linuxgurugamer

13 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It's looking for something called "TodicusTools" from what I see in the logs. Maybe that's another download?

ToadicusTools is used by the following mods:

• AntennaRange
  • IR-Model-Rework-Utility
  • TweakableEverything
  • VOID

and of course, I forgot the download link.

Here it is:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1069/ToadicusToolsContinued

Also in CKAN

Edited by linuxgurugamer

47 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Angel-125

Just got my first start with this.

Got a tiny little bug:

I unlocked all technologies as a test.

In the R&D building, the icon for "Saucer Technologies" is missing

Let me know if you need anything else, IMHO I don't think you need a log file for this :D

Correction

The icon is there, it's just all white

The icon in question is:  saucerTech.dds

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 5/23/2018 at 12:33 AM, Angel-125 said:

Last image of the night:

GTNJIat.png

Closeup of the kitchenette. :)

You need to add an instruction manual : Flying Saucer Flight Operations    to the scene.  Maybe even clicking on it would bring up the Kspepedia (?) page?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Correction

The icon is there, it's just all white

The icon in question is:  saucerTech.dds

That seems to be an artifact of using DDS for the texture. I'll switch it back to png in the next release. :)

19 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Maybe a safety feature prevents Crazy Mode from operating below 500 meters but can be overriden.

I think 100 meters should be fine. That should allow you to use crazy mode in most biomes on the planets. The only really exception would be mountainous or crater biomes. But this is KSP, people are kind of reckless. ;)

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Working on ground collision detection, hoping to have Crazy Mode hit the stop button if it detects that you'll collide with the ground...

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Take a look at the landing height display mod for some good code to do that,  may be helpful

throttle controlled avionics has good surface and object detection too. 

KFS 0.2.4 is now available:

- The gravitic engine now consumes GravityWaves while in Hover Mode.
- The gravitic engine now has a built-in Terrain Awareness and Warning System (TAWS) for Crazy Mode. TAWS will halt the craft if using Crazy Mode will result in a crash.
- GravityWaves produced in the gravitic generator will fade away if the generator is turned off. They weren't intended to stick around indefinitely...
- Fixed missing tech tree node icons.
- Fixed issue where resources were consumed while reconfiguring a disassembled part.

Codename "Magneton" Station. A completely random and concept build featuring the Graviolium exo harvester. It's not properly outfitted for any mission but has lots of cargo space and is promising if someone wants to... maybe... rescue a kerbal from within OPM planets' SOI, maybe with life support, and win a million style points while doing it. :sticktongue:

(Please ignore the obvious OCD-triggering misaligned docking lanes. I really did not see that coming)

s1mKuzd.png

HxLnFEt.png C4roFwB.png YkMb9U9.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Is the crazy mode disabled when you're in physics range of another craft? Or is it disabled when you have something targeted in physics range?

I think there is something wrong with the resource values. 

rpjXavC.png?1

RseHLxu.png

5kn408t.png

Edited by shdwlrd
Adding another issue.

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Is the crazy mode disabled when you're in physics range of another craft? Or is it disabled when you have something targeted in physics range?

I think there is something wrong with the resource values.

Crazy Mode isn't disabled when you're in physics range of another craft. The latest update checks for ground collisions and will disable Crazy Mode if it would offset the craft into the ground. Crazy Mode is also disabled when you go suborbital.

How did you get the negative cost? How did you add the Graviolium?

2 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Crazy Mode isn't disabled when you're in physics range of another craft. The latest update checks for ground collisions and will disable Crazy Mode if it would offset the craft into the ground. Crazy Mode is also disabled when you go suborbital.

How did you get the negative cost? How did you add the Graviolium?

I reconfigured the tank using omni storage included with KFS. I didn't add any to the tank since it doesn't leave the SPH/VAB and you have to fill up on the runway/pad. 

The reason I was asking about the crazy mode because I think there is a problem. I built a saucer with a probe attached to it. I dropped the probe to the ground and tried to crazy mode away to see what the distance is for the burst. I wasn't able to use crazy mode until I was outside of physics range of the probe. 

9 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

I reconfigured the tank using omni storage included with KFS. I didn't add any to the tank since it doesn't leave the SPH/VAB and you have to fill up on the runway/pad. 

The reason I was asking about the crazy mode because I think there is a problem. I built a saucer with a probe attached to it. I dropped the probe to the ground and tried to crazy mode away to see what the distance is for the burst. I wasn't able to use crazy mode until I was outside of physics range of the probe. 

Hm, can you show me a screenshot of the design with the probe? I'll look into the fuel tank issue as well, the game has some limitations that are tough to get around..

1 hour ago, Jhorriga said:

when will the excalibur be ready?

Wit luck, sometime this year. :) I'm focused on getting the bugs worked out of the engine first before tacking the mothership. That way the "sports model" Flapjack will be easier to fly...

Hey just a quick suggestion:

I installed your mod and had a little proplem: it's laggy as hell(but i don't have the best computer). So i deinstalled the mods that do all the little interior things and it runs much better. Of course now the internal view is basicly just grey.

Would it be a lot of work to put simple textures of monitors etc. behind those props?

This way people with bad PCs could just have simple interiors without extra functionality and people with good PCs could have your (awesome) interactive internal view.