[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

@Zalson The last issue I had with this mod was that if you configure a part that has OmniStorage and it's in symmetry, KSP goes nuts. Try rebuilding your craft from scratch and avoid attaching any saucer parts (that have OmniStorage) in symmetry. The UFO parts also should not have a Tweakscale config.

@Zalson Sadly no, I think. Angel-125 has to deal with it but he's got so much to fix already that i don't want to add this to his plate until his next major release of anything. And fortunately, symmetry is not terribly important for a flying saucer.

Once you set a part and configure it you should be able to safely Alt+Click to copy it, then place the new instance on the opposite side. (Let me know if this fails too. I sure hope it doesn't.)

Been looking at this mod for a while, I have to say its pretty fun to mess with; But the Framerate drops a bit when I enter IVA and the game freezes on switching to the saucer. Not sure if its a MAS problem, the amount of props used, or my GPU (Nvidia 940m)

@JadeOfMaar  Symmetry does not seem to matter. I have a UFO with the hover center engine, a cockpit, two crew cabins, two fuel tanks, added without symmetry and it was fine till I tried to launch it, then the issues came up again.

Edit: After more testing, it looks like any UFO parts that carry fuel, no matter what the fuel is

Edited by Zalson

• 2 weeks later...

Finally getting the lightning effect I'm looking for:

E7H9ixO.png

The idea being that ElectricCharge applied to Graviolium produces GravityWaves, and of course builds up StaticCharge in the process. So when you're running the engines/generators, you should see some discharge effects.

This mod is exactly what I was looking for!  I love all the Classic Lost in Space Jupiter 2 bits and looks.  What ever you plan for the future please don't loose those.  Could you make some landing gear like the Classic J2 also?  I think it would look really cool and I really want to finish building the J2 with as much detail as possible.  Oh one other thing the multi-part one, If it is not already, could you adjust the parts so they could be tweak scaled?  I was looking at your pics above and got a few ideas, just need to sizes things to match.  Keep up the GREAT work. 

On 4/20/2019 at 7:43 PM, Angel-125 said:

Finally getting the lightning effect I'm looking for:

E7H9ixO.png

The idea being that ElectricCharge applied to Graviolium produces GravityWaves, and of course builds up StaticCharge in the process. So when you're running the engines/generators, you should see some discharge effects.

Please don't hate me... i mean this as a compliment...

She's starting to remind me of one of my absolute favorite saucers of all time...

The show may have been stupid... but for her time, the Jupiter 2 was seriously BadS!!!  :cool:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, Just Jim said:

Please don't hate me... i mean this as a compliment...

She's starting to remind me of one of my absolute favorite saucers of all time...

The show may have been stupid... but for her time, the Jupiter 2 was seriously BadS!!!  :cool:

Actually, the Excalibur, named in honor of saucer technology liberated from the game's saucers embedded in the ground, is heavily influenced by the Jupiter 2. The spinning gravitic engine is a direct reference. :)

17 hours ago, BaelRathLian said:

This mod is exactly what I was looking for!  I love all the Classic Lost in Space Jupiter 2 bits and looks.  What ever you plan for the future please don't loose those.  Could you make some landing gear like the Classic J2 also?  I think it would look really cool and I really want to finish building the J2 with as much detail as possible.  Oh one other thing the multi-part one, If it is not already, could you adjust the parts so they could be tweak scaled?  I was looking at your pics above and got a few ideas, just need to sizes things to match.  Keep up the GREAT work. 

Thanks! :) It's slow going- I don't have a lot of free time these days, but it's coming along. Landing gear is one of many parts I have planned for the mothership. I currently don't have plans for tweakscale support, but that should be straightforward to do..

Great to see you actually read these posts.  Idea / Question:  I had to shoehorn the wave generator into the mother-ship for a power supply.  Could you make a copy of each generator so it is small enough to fit into any thing built like using the J2 engine and generators in a prob?  I was thinking of something like the PMI fuel gen design.  Small and easily put in a storage compartment. 

38 minutes ago, BaelRathLian said:

Great to see you actually read these posts.  Idea / Question:  I had to shoehorn the wave generator into the mother-ship for a power supply.  Could you make a copy of each generator so it is small enough to fit into any thing built like using the J2 engine and generators in a prob?  I was thinking of something like the PMI fuel gen design.  Small and easily put in a storage compartment. 

You can always add the config nodes to a part of your choice. The Excalibur (the mothership) has both fusion generator and gravity wave generator, so you can use that as a basis. :) The Engineering Core has both generators.

Edited by Angel-125

Also keep in mind that the mothership is a slow work in progress. I haven't even begun to texture the parts yet. Right now I'm working on the particle effects. Speaking of which...

Also a work in progress, but the basic functionality is there.

Edited by Angel-125

Looks like I missed updating the RCS effects on the Flapjack but I’ll get that on the next pass. You can update your config file in the meantime. Just use the FlapjackExhaustPlasmaTrail for the rcs effect model in the flapjack gravitic engine.

Hi. Thanks for that great mod!) I have an issue with contract to an experiment (icecreamexperiment). It was included to this mod. I read all the posts from this topic, but didnt find an answer for my problem. When i load experiment to an stock lab, and then push button (start experiment) it displays that i need 1 crew to start(or something like that)... But there two scientists in the lab. What i doing wrong? Sorry for my eng.. I can load a screenshot if it will be need.

I'm trying to make a WEAV style electric-only hoverjet (Like the Coanda, but with more plasma and less fuel) and I've run into the problem that I don't know quite how to make a correctly-sized hexagonal block for modeling. Is there a trick I could use?

7 hours ago, StreS said:

Hi. Thanks for that great mod!) I have an issue with contract to an experiment (icecreamexperiment). It was included to this mod. I read all the posts from this topic, but didnt find an answer for my problem. When i load experiment to an stock lab, and then push button (start experiment) it displays that i need 1 crew to start(or something like that)... But there two scientists in the lab. What i doing wrong? Sorry for my eng.. I can load a screenshot if it will be need.

From what I can see (looking at the experiment definition file) the stock science lab is not in the whitelist of parts allowed to run the experiment so the experiment could be breaking due to "unrecognized lab." Install one of the other WBI mods (MOLE, DSEV or Pathfinder) and try this experiment in one of their science lab parts. Finally, unless you have MOLE installed, you should ignore contracts for WBI experiments.

15 minutes ago, RocketSquid said:

I'm trying to make a WEAV style electric-only hoverjet (Like the Coanda, but with more plasma and less fuel) and I've run into the problem that I don't know quite how to make a correctly-sized hexagonal block for modeling. Is there a trick I could use?

The engineer report panel in the VAB will show you (down to 1/10 of a meter) the dimensions of the volume that a part occupies. Once you know that, drop a hexagon spline or whatever in your 3D art app, set its radius, and put it under an extrude object set to the given height.

Also, what is "WEAV"? I'm curious.