[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

20 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

From what I can see (looking at the experiment definition file) the stock science lab is not in the whitelist of parts allowed to run the experiment so the experiment could be breaking due to "unrecognized lab." Install one of the other WBI mods (MOLE, DSEV or Pathfinder) and try this experiment in one of their science lab parts. Finally, unless you have MOLE installed, you should ignore contracts for WBI experiments.

The engineer report panel in the VAB will show you (down to 1/10 of a meter) the dimensions of the volume that a part occupies. Once you know that, drop a hexagon spline or whatever in your 3D art app, set its radius, and put it under an extrude object set to the given height.

Also, what is "WEAV"? I'm curious.

Wingless Electromagnetic Air Vehicle, it's a sort of real-life flying saucer design using plasma actuators over the surface of the device and a hole in the center of the craft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wingless_Electromagnetic_Air_Vehicle

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

From what I can see (looking at the experiment definition file) the stock science lab is not in the whitelist of parts allowed to run the experiment so the experiment could be breaking due to "unrecognized lab." Install one of the other WBI mods (MOLE, DSEV or Pathfinder) and try this experiment in one of their science lab parts. Finally, unless you have MOLE installed, you should ignore contracts for WBI experiments.

Thanks, ill try)

15 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

I'm trying to make a WEAV style electric-only hoverjet (Like the Coanda, but with more plasma and less fuel) and I've run into the problem that I don't know quite how to make a correctly-sized hexagonal block for modeling. Is there a trick I could use?

The central hex block is 1.25m in diameter. I don’t know about other apps but in 3DS MAX, you can simply make a six-sided cylinder. There might be something similar in your 3D app. The hex core is 1.25m tall.

23 hours ago, StreS said:

Hi. Thanks for that great mod!) I have an issue with contract to an experiment (icecreamexperiment). It was included to this mod. I read all the posts from this topic, but didnt find an answer for my problem. When i load experiment to an stock lab, and then push button (start experiment) it displays that i need 1 crew to start(or something like that)... But there two scientists in the lab. What i doing wrong? Sorry for my eng.. I can load a screenshot if it will be need.

Glad you’re enjoying it. I am finally focused again on finishing up the mothership, hopefully by end of the year. It’s a long time but my time is limited these days. It sounds like I need to add the Stock science lab to the list of allowed parts. I will look at that over the weekend.

34 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Glad you’re enjoying it. I am finally focused again on finishing up the mothership, hopefully by end of the year. It’s a long time but my time is limited these days. It sounds like I need to add the Stock science lab to the list of allowed parts. I will look at that over the weekend.

I would not want to distract from the mother ship .. but if you really look, just in case, these experiments require LabTime. Should Kray supercomputer only produce this? Or something else also produces LabTime?

P.S. MOLE didn't help me. I decided to just ignore it as advised by JadeOfMaar.

34 minutes ago, StreS said:

I would not want to distract from the mother ship .. but if you really look, just in case, these experiments require LabTime. Should Kray supercomputer only produce this? Or something else also produces LabTime?

P.S. MOLE didn't help me. I decided to just ignore it as advised by JadeOfMaar.

Several lab parts in MOLE and Pathfinder can produce LabTime, assuming they're staffed, in the proper configuration, and have the proper resources.  (Notably the M.O.L.E. lab itself.)

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Ok, please give 0.4.5.2 a try, see if that clears up the experiments issue.

- Removed part requirements on several experiments.

Hi! I tried. Here is a screenshot ... And I suddenly realized that in the stock lab there is no button to start an experiment or something like that. Only Start Labtime.

I hope everything is visible.

Spoiler

onW8VXB.jpg

11 hours ago, StreS said:

Hi! I tried. Here is a screenshot ... And I suddenly realized that in the stock lab there is no button to start an experiment or something like that. Only Start Labtime.

I hope everything is visible.

Reveal hidden contents

onW8VXB.jpg

You need to transfer an experiment from the science box to the lab. Load an experiment in the VAB or SPH.

15 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

You need to transfer an experiment from the science box to the lab. Load an experiment in the VAB or SPH.

Yes, i know. Sreenshot was taken immediately after transfer an experiment to the lab.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:33 AM, StreS said:

Yes, i know. Sreenshot was taken immediately after transfer an experiment to the lab.

Ok. Well, given yesterday's announcement, I think it best to hold off doing updates until I see what the new science system brings. It might just redefine everything...

Meanwhile, I'm making progress on the mothership's paneling:

RJ793LT.png

I have a new technique that's making it easier for me to keep my sanity. :)

I'm aiming for something like this (but more subtle):

Drex+Files+Enterprise+NX-01+bright+1.jpg

Edited by Angel-125

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 11:07 AM, shdwlrd said:

I've haven't played in awhile, with all the updates to WBT for your other mods, should I expect some strangeness from KFS?

KFS is still very much in the alpha stage. I've been working on it off and on; last time I was doing some texture work on the mothership and redid the particle effects.

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

@Angel-125, I noticed KFS seems to provide some additional MOLE experiments, such as reverse-engineering crashed saucers.  Is doing that experiment necessary to get the saucer parts?  I ask because I'm currently playing in a mod system with no crashed saucers.

You can research the saucers through normal science. The reverse engineering experiments just offer shortcuts... A successful breakthrough unlocks a saucer tech node, somewhat like discovering a green monolith will randomly unlock a tech node even without prerequisites being met.

Please keep in mind that while the smaller Flapjack is fully complete, the mothership is still in development and nowhere near finished. The mod also has bugs in the plugin but I have been very busy of late. I am hoping to have the mothership done by end of year along with one other project but we’ll see. Regardless, my focus is on getting parts done before fixing bugs in the plugin. All that said, the Flapjack is definitely flyable.