[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

14 hours ago, TiktaalikDreaming said:

Nice deck you have three.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Looking fantastic! I so want to try it out myself!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the interior finished and doing more than just test flights. My plan is to have it ready in time for KSP 1.8. I'd be delighted to have the landing gear designed and built by then too- I'm debating something that radially attaches and sticks out of the bottom versus a design that is "grown" from nano-metals stored in an inner section. The latter would provide space for an IVA so the kerbal would walk up the ramp in the landing gear. You'd sacrifice some storage space in the inner section, but there's a lot of space in there...

2 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Maybe a system map for KSP1, and a galaxy map for KSP2 if you port KFS over.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Can I join this discussion about holograms?

I got a few tips that might really be worth trying out.

My ideal would be to display the current planet and moons, or current solar body and planets in the holo display. That would be a major undertaking though. So for now a generic galaxy map will have to suffice.

And yep, I plan to port KFS and Blueshift over to KSP 2...

Edited by Angel-125

17 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

I wasn't implying you weren't planning to. I was just taking into account how life can be. :)

No worries, it’s something that I can revisit when I have more time. Right now my focus is on finishing the unwrap of the cockpit so I can texture it. If that gets done this weekend then I get to move onto the ship’s landing gear.

I understand that the command bridge is WIP. But this is really bothering me. With the IVA cutaway view, the whole negative space under the forward deck; it doesn't look right. 

Spoiler

I've circled the area I'm referring to.

4LHZbNI.jpg

E9Otqqm.jpg

aX3Uo9G.jpg

46 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

I understand that the command bridge is WIP. But this is really bothering me. With the IVA cutaway view, the whole negative space under the forward deck; it doesn't look right.

That's normal. Most IVAs have unused or negative space. You won't see that once the IVA mask is done. That's the last step.

17 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

That's normal. Most IVAs have unused or negative space. You won't see that once the IVA mask is done. That's the last step.

I've never seen that part of the process for IVAs. I knew that there was negative space, but never have seen it without the masks in place.

Kerbal Flying Saucers 0.4.6 is now available:

- Updated to KSP 1.8
- Completed texturing on the S-4 Outer Storage Section, S-4 Inner Storage Section, and S-4 Half Outer Storage Section.
- Removed probe core functionality from the A-51 Flapjack and S-4 Excalibur cockpits.
- Added static discharge ability to the S-4 Inner Storage Section.
- Added additional attachment nodes to the S-4 Engineering Core. These nodes can be toggled.
- Completed exterior of the S-4 "Excalibur" cockpit.
NOTE: Cockpit IVA is a WORK IN PROGRESS!!!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to finish the cockpit in time for KSP 1.8 due to real-life, but at least the exterior is done...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 3:45 PM, Angel-125 said:

You'll get the mothership's FTL engine after unlocking Advanced Alien Engineering

I am currently running version 1.7.3 with the 0.4.5.4 Flying Saucer Mod; however, the Advanced Alien Engineering section is blank. Is this the norm or does 0.4.6 add any parts?

Amazing stuff by the way!!!!!

On 10/25/2019 at 7:19 AM, BaelRathLian said:

Maybe you could help with this.  I just upgraded to 1.8.0 and all the parts are greyed out with no details at all.  I got the zip file as usual for the mod, etc.., but this is what I got. 

I'd have to see how you installed the mod. I am running in 1.8.1 and don't have any issues.

8 hours ago, FuzzyG said:

I am currently running version 1.7.3 with the 0.4.5.4 Flying Saucer Mod; however, the Advanced Alien Engineering section is blank. Is this the norm or does 0.4.6 add any parts?

Amazing stuff by the way!!!!!

They're not done yet. I'm slowly working on the cockpit IVA, but real life has been excessively busy of late. But they're definitely on the drawing board. :)

On 11/7/2019 at 9:15 AM, Angel-125 said:

I'd have to see how you installed the mod. I am running in 1.8.1 and don't have any issues.

Would you be so kind as to indicate the mods that you have installed. My focus is on the issues that I am getting with the A51 Flapjacks; such as, *** Contains locked or invalid parts *** when I play in the Sandbox mode, which is odd. More specifically at the present, I have the following missing parts as a whole: wbiA51Cockpit, wbiDockingPort, dockingPort1, dockingPort3. The Guppy and V-22 are missing a fair amount of parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8ov3drcamafe2d/AAB7ZXXuxiIAmpVdFNpV1v9Za?dl=0

~G

6 hours ago, FuzzyG said:

Would you be so kind as to indicate the mods that you have installed. My focus is on the issues that I am getting with the A51 Flapjacks; such as, *** Contains locked or invalid parts *** when I play in the Sandbox mode, which is odd. More specifically at the present, I have the following missing parts as a whole: wbiA51Cockpit, wbiDockingPort, dockingPort1, dockingPort3. The Guppy and V-22 are missing a fair amount of parts.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t8ov3drcamafe2d/AAB7ZXXuxiIAmpVdFNpV1v9Za?dl=0

~G

Angel-125 typically has all of his mods and only his mods installed (as far as i can ever tell from his screenshots).

On 11/7/2019 at 3:00 AM, FuzzyG said:

I am currently running version 1.7.3

MM 4.1 is exclusive to KSP 1.8.

Get MM 4.0.

Edited by JadeOfMaar