Jump to content

[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!


Angel-125
 Share

Recommended Posts

@Angel-125 you might want to have a look at your 0.7.0 release of KFS on Github
The 0.7.0 release package indicates version 0.6.15 and includes BARIS
The 0.7.0 tag and master branch indicate version 0.6.16.  It <appears> that this is 0.7.0 and you just didn't update the version file

Edited by Ooglak Kerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2022 at 10:23 AM, Ooglak Kerman said:

@Angel-125 you might want to have a look at your 0.7.0 release of KFS on Github
The 0.7.0 release package indicates version 0.6.15 and includes BARIS
The 0.7.0 tag and master branch indicate version 0.6.16.  It <appears> that this is 0.7.0 and you just didn't update the version file

Done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Kerbal Flying Saucers 1.0 is now available:

- Added gravitic engine 3D model needed for Buffalo 2 support.

Given the announcement for KSP 2 today, and my goal to finish Buffalo 2 and retire from modding KSP 1 by the end of the year, I've made the hard decision to not complete the Excalibur mothership. Buffalo 2 is simply taking too much time to complete. But at least the Flapjack has been completed for months now, and it's fully functional. :)

Will a version of Kerbal Flying Saucers appear in KSP 2? You bet! The parts will be different, but the concepts will carry over to the new game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Angel-125 not sure what is going on with the gravatic in KFS 1.0.  When in VTOL/HOVR, I'm essentially unable to change the orientation of the vessel with QWASDE keys.  While in FWD mode - no problem. 

It didn't appear there was a delta with WildBlueTools, KerbalActuators, or CSR so I didn't up date those.  I've confirmed that KFS 0.7.1 with B2 1.4 works properly.  Another oddity is the patches that load.  For me, here is what I've got with the only difference being KFS 1.0 vs 0.7.1

KFS 0.7.1:  4382 patches

KFS 1.0: 4295 patches

Big disparity.  What isn't loading?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

@Angel-125 not sure what is going on with the gravatic in KFS 1.0.  When in VTOL/HOVR, I'm essentially unable to change the orientation of the vessel with QWASDE keys.  While in FWD mode - no problem. 

It didn't appear there was a delta with WildBlueTools, KerbalActuators, or CSR so I didn't up date those.  I've confirmed that KFS 0.7.1 with B2 1.4 works properly.  Another oddity is the patches that load.  For me, here is what I've got with the only difference being KFS 1.0 vs 0.7.1

KFS 0.7.1:  4382 patches

KFS 1.0: 4295 patches

Big disparity.  What isn't loading?

There was a bug where, if you put the ship in hover mode and tap on the brakes, the craft would slowly lose altitude. The fix I have keeps the vessel in place. I may have to revisit that and figure out why it slowly sinks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

There was a bug where, if you put the ship in hover mode and tap on the brakes, the craft would slowly lose altitude. The fix I have keeps the vessel in place. I may have to revisit that and figure out why it slowly sinks.

Placard.  Brake use prohibited when in hover mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After watching @EJ_SA's Kraken-powered Grissom stream, I've thought about one more KFS update with a 3.75m drive (based on the existing 2.5m engine) that can pull hundreds of gees to let you go fast through the solar system, to a max of 99.99% of light speed due to relativity limitations. It would be a prototype for what I'd like to do in KSP 2...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...