[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Congratulations on TOTM

1 hour ago, Daishi said:

Congrats Angel :)

Thanks guys! :) It was totally unexpected. I'm just about done with the omni storage part module- fixing bugs at the moment- and last night I finished the last of the cockpit unwrapping:

WN2ONmr.png

I'm looking to make some modern IVA displays too. Something like this:

E8Nzm4g.png

Combine that with an interior inspired by Mass Effect and it'll look really good. :)

Edited by Angel-125

At last, the Omni Storage is done!

fV3MbhK.png

With both the Omni Storage and Omni Converter part modules done, I have what I need for the mothership's Omni Lab- and my other mods will benefit too. Now I can focus more on the IVAs- which are going to take awhile due to their complexity- and making a replacement for the stock shielded docking port that's more low profile. I might redo the hover jet engine too.

if you're doing classic sci-fi with this, at some point down the road you should do the TARDIS- perhaps some sort of materialisation/teleportation mechanic would be cool, or just have it final endgame superfast

1 hour ago, Kosmonaut said:

if you're doing classic sci-fi with this, at some point down the road you should do the TARDIS- perhaps some sort of materialisation/teleportation mechanic would be cool, or just have it final endgame superfast

Actually I have slated a gate room for the mothership. Think Pathfinders Pipeline but with the added ability to transport Kerbals if I can figure it out 

... and now I have a quality of life improvement:

mRmmLpB.png

If you have resource combos like LiquidFuel & Oxidizer that are consumed in specific ratios, then the Omni Storage will adjust the amounts of the combos at the same time, and fix the units stored based on their consumption ratios. No need to fuss with the sliders manually. :)

22 hours ago, Kosmonaut said:

Hmm?

Spoiler

C0B17A031D18610E0FBD01AFBB8265AD3670048A

More progress on the cockpit IVA:

VEKKFYc.png

Hard to see but the center console and aft console supports are textured as is the dashboard. I'm also trying to get the floor mats to look right. IVAs are a royal pain, hence they take the longest time to make..

On 5/7/2018 at 12:03 AM, Angel-125 said:

More progress on the cockpit IVA:

Dude... You are seriously impairing my social life. :-D

I'm foreseeing some long hours having fun, alone =P,  on the weekends the whole year. :-) 

Amazingly, I was JUST thinking it would be cool to have a pack of segmented flying saucer parts - the sketches I drew on my steno pad instead of paying attention during my companywide meeting this morning look more or less exactly like this.  In other words, definitely looking forward to trying this out.

Wondering how your cargo bays are set up to work - do they open upward or downward? Or sideward? Or squidward? (Sorry, it was there)

6 hours ago, Doctor Axel said:

Amazingly, I was JUST thinking it would be cool to have a pack of segmented flying saucer parts - the sketches I drew on my steno pad instead of paying attention during my companywide meeting this morning look more or less exactly like this.  In other words, definitely looking forward to trying this out.

Wondering how your cargo bays are set up to work - do they open upward or downward? Or sideward? Or squidward? (Sorry, it was there)

MOeRdhG.png

The doors are made of alien nanometal (the shiny blue stuff) and retract into the alcoves along the rim.

Starting to work on the walls and ceiling:

3XzgSV8.png

External view with transparency turned on. Eventually you'll only be able to see through the windows:

pMebmjH.png

Edited by Angel-125

And likely the last images for the night:

JUkzSUD.png

iffTqLi.png

m2BkYIT.png

Zs2NA7z.png

I think I need a folding seat in the back so that you fold it up and can extend/fold the ladder. Other than that, the cockpit just needs props and it'll be done. :)

Edited by Angel-125

Start of the crew cabin IVA modeling/texturing:

The cabin seats four. Ignore the light, the crew cabin is modified from the cockpit IVA and I haven't moved the lights in place yet. Where the dashboard is in the cockpit, you'll have a couple of beds to sleep on.

N7Y55qT.png

The kerbals will have fold-out tray tables for their stuff. Here's a view of the jumpseat. You can see that it is mounted to the door (some airliners do that). It folds up to get out of the way and so that you can unfold the ladder.

pGW6eOs.png

Here's a view from the jumpseat. There is only one seat on the right because that's where the lavatory goes. There's storage behind the seats as well. I'm debating whether or not to stick food prep stations behind the seats as well, but that would mean that you had to do something with the seats. Maybe food prep goes in the alcove instead of bedding...

QNvXkRb.png

Edited by Angel-125

On 5/11/2018 at 11:14 PM, Angel-125 said:

*pre-snip*

The doors are made of alien nanometal (the shiny blue stuff) and retract into the alcoves along the rim.

*post-snip*

Oooh, that's even better than what I was thinking. Very nice.