[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

22 minutes ago, Scorpiodude said:

What about a part for the outer section of the mother ship with a roughly flapjack shaped dent in it so you could dock more flying saucers to it. It could be called the griddle, get it because flapjacks are cooked on a griddle.  :wink:

Theres already a way to dock the flapjack to the mothership, and im pretty sure it works flapjack to flapjack and mothership to mothership.

18 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Theres already a way to dock the flapjack to the mothership, and im pretty sure it works flapjack to flapjack and mothership to mothership.

Oh okay, I just looked and there is a part for it. However I still like the idea of calling it the Griddle.

Edited by Scorpiodude

1 hour ago, Scorpiodude said:

Oh okay, but I am talking about a specific part for the outer shell of the mothership so you can dock more flapjacks than normal to a mothership.

The Flapjack Cradle can easily do that if it's both attached via node and surface attached. :)

It's a busy week for me so progress might be slow. But I still managed to get some more done tonight. Here you can see the small dividers sectioning off the beds as well as the faux wood paneling- the floor will have that too. The saucer crew cabin is designed for comfort. :)

vj3RlmD.png

I'm hoping to have the crew cabin modeling and texturing done by the end of the week. After that, it's time for props. With luck, I'll have the first alpha release ready by the end of the month! :)

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It's a busy week for me so progress might be slow. But I still managed to get some more done tonight. Here you can see the small dividers sectioning off the beds as well as the faux wood paneling- the floor will have that too. The saucer crew cabin is designed for comfort. :)

vj3RlmD.png

I'm hoping to have the crew cabin modeling and texturing done by the end of the week. After that, it's time for props. With luck, I'll have the first alpha release ready by the end of the month! :)

excitement intensifies

Fancy. We be needing a butler class Kerbal. 

I see this happening all the time. So butler may be needed. 

"Kerman, your personal snacks has been delivered to your sleeping quarters", says the butler. 8 Kerbals trying to achieve maximum velocity in minimum distance while the ufo lost control and the possibilities of kraken is more than likely. 

7 hours ago, Sunesha said:

Fancy. We be needing a butler class Kerbal. 

I see this happening all the time. So butler may be needed. 

"Kerman, your personal snacks has been delivered to your sleeping quarters", says the butler. 8 Kerbals trying to achieve maximum velocity in minimum distance while the ufo lost control and the possibilities of kraken is more than likely. 

Now we know why the saucer crashed at Roswell: kerbals scrabled to get snacks and shifted the mass! :)

I read through the full thread today, and everything looks awesome!  I look forward to seeing how this develops.

Quite note: I really liked the NX-Refit inspired mothership.  :) It would be neat to see that developed a bit further!

Little Green Men ( & Women ) CHECK ( X )

Flying Saucers CHECK ( X )

Panic in the streets of Kerbin..........soon

Once again you've amazed me by designing another amazing mod .

So looking forward to this .

p:s similar parts or add on's to build a NX refit type of ship would be a  nice bonus , as and when you can . maybe a parts pack in the future ?

8 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Little Green Men ( & Women ) CHECK ( X )

Flying Saucers CHECK ( X )

Panic in the streets of Kerbin..........soon

Once again you've amazed me by designing another amazing mod .

So looking forward to this .

p:s similar parts or add on's to build a NX refit type of ship would be a  nice bonus , as and when you can . maybe a parts pack in the future ?

Yeah, I was thinking in Phase 3 or there about. For reference:

Phase 1: Flying saucer design and testing (make flying saucers fly in KSP), initial plugin development, finish A-51 Flapjack. Almost done!

Phase 2: Mothership: concept shapes determined.

Phase 3: Extra parts for things like NX-01, conventionally shaped engines for non-saucer craft, etc.

Edited by Angel-125

6 hours ago, SwissSpace93 said:

this is a reason to update my KSP to 1.4

i‘m on 1.3.0 with alot mods

I see no reason it wouldnt work on 1.3, which is why im staying on 1.3. It it was 1.4 only id probably switch...

@JadeOfMaar Looks cool! I like how you combined various parts to make the secondary hull and warp engines. Hopefully the mothership will provide a better rendition. Phase 3 might well have warp coils that store more static charge and provide a speed boost at FTL speed... Today I’m busy but I hope to finish the crew cabin model and texture by Sunday. If so then I’ll be on track for end of month release