[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

59 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It is for 1.4, not 1.3.1.  Says so in the title

Yes, but he has previously said it should work in 1.3, and that if necessary he can make a backport for 1.3.1

Problem:

VTOL manager GUI does not spawn when the button is clicked

KSP Version: 

Mods Installed:

MAS v0.15.1

ASET Props v1.5

ASET Avionics v2.1

RasterPropMonitor v0.30.4

KFS v0.2.0 Alpha

KerbalActuators v1.3.0.5(bundled with KFS)

ModuleManager v3.0.4

I suspect the problem is me using the latest KerbalActuators on 1.3, but I am unsure if earlier versions can do things like Crazy Mode

Logs and Craft file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8566b40yowl27es/KFSReport.zip?dl=0

Edited by DeltaDizzy

1 hour ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Yes, but he has previously said it should work in 1.3, and that if necessary he can make a backport for 1.3.1

Be aware that if you're trying to run this on 1.3.1, you will have to use older versions of both RasterPropMonitor and MAS - and MAS has changed a lot since v0.12.0 (the last 1.3.1 version).

3 minutes ago, MOARdV said:

Be aware that if you're trying to run this on 1.3.1, you will have to use older versions of both RasterPropMonitor and MAS - and MAS has changed a lot since v0.12.0 (the last 1.3.1 version).

Well thats something else that makes now, since no non WBI props had showed up when I went into the IVA. Next time I'll downgrade so I can at least use the IVA's

Is it intended that the production of gravity waves can't keep up with consumption during crazy mode flight if the throttle is up more than just one tick or 2, or am I just missing something? Not sure if this is a feature intended to limit the "throttle" of crazy mode, or if I'm just missing something.

4 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Well thats something else that makes now, since no non WBI props had showed up when I went into the IVA. Next time I'll downgrade so I can at least use the IVA's

KFS won't support 1.3.1 without a recompile.

4 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Angel-125 if it's influenced by Mass Effect, can we have that star table in the command room of the mothership? :3

I hope you still remember it.

I reemember it but don't have the post anymore.

27 minutes ago, guesswho2778 said:

wow @Angel-125 you finally released it

Yup! It's been a long road to get to today, but that's what I get for making something pretty innovative.

2 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Is it intended that the production of gravity waves can't keep up with consumption during crazy mode flight if the throttle is up more than just one tick or 2, or am I just missing something? Not sure if this is a feature intended to limit the "throttle" of crazy mode, or if I'm just missing something.

Yes, that's intended. Crazy Mode is a little on the OP side so it eats through GravityWaves. More generators will help though. :)

From playing around with the crazy mode (very cool btw), I can see a need for a safety shutdown for the crazy mode down command when the radar altitude reaches 50-100 meters above the surface. From that altitude you can use the normal vtol commands to descend to land or hover above the surface. The KSC directors don't what you to crash their very expensive, advanced space craft because you're in a hurry to land it. :) 

Edited by shdwlrd
grammar

18 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Yes, that's intended. Crazy Mode is a little on the OP side so it eats through GravityWaves. More generators will help though. :)

That's something I hadn't considered. Didn't think about sticking more generators on there.

4 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

@shdwlrd @JadeOfMaar Those ships looks great! :) It'll be cool to see what you do with the mothership too once I get that done...

A safety check for the ground is an interesting idea, though one that you can disable so you canskim the ground.. :)

Have already crashed a saucer into the ground with crazy mode. :D:D:D it exploded pretty spectacularly.

@Angel-125 Just noticed with the K2 super computer, it seems like it needs labtime to function, but in my current campaign, I'm only using your Heisenberg airship mod and now Kerbal Flying Saucers mod, and I'm not currently seeing a way to generate lab time. [which to be fair, I may need to get farther into the tech tree for parts, not sure. so far the only lab I have is the gondo lab, which doesn't seem to generate lab time, at least not yet] Is this mod dependent on your other mods to generate lab time?

Well this is great fun to play with even in pre-release testing it's amazing .

Bugs - so far when the pop up tips box appears , sometimes there is two of them on laid on top of the other .

@JadeOfMaar one issue with your amazing craft , KerbalX or someone forgot to mention you also need WBI Pathfinder for the LassoSize0 wotsit , without it the craft file shows missing parts so won't load in 1.4.3 .

An erm yer I also modified it slightly .

Edited by Puggonaut 2

I played around this afternoon, love it. :o

I had some troubles, mostly my own fault. I try figure out all new resources and took me quite while to figure out that couldn't buy graviolioum in the SPH and had to use the refinery in the space center. I off course just unintentionally just ignored the message that flash my screen multiple times. The tool tips are a life saver, I would be so clueless without them. Sometimes however they seem spawn like 20 times on top off each other. I am not able to make reproduce this and have seen no pattern why it happens sometimes. If I spot a pattern I will report back.

Question, Anyone know a trick to get AVR0 "Coanda" Hoverjet to hover at slow speed?

I want hover around menacing ;). I am completly new to the VTOL flying and can't get enough intake air to keep hovering, I am not sure where and how to add intakes on such a craft. I do fine if use alt-F12 and give myself unlimited intake air. Option is of course the gravity engine. I did some diving with the new gravity engine. But I definitely have to get used to new way of flying. 

Question, Is there anyway to hide the "VTOL Manager" interface.?

It doesn't hide itself while pressing F2. I want shoot some video and this is distracting.

2 hours ago, Infernx1 said:

Say, I'm not sure what I did wrong, but none of the parts seem to show up. Do you have a step-by-step installation guide, assuming I already downloaded the 4 extra mods?

The general condition(s) to installing mods is this:

• The locations of everything are relative to the GameData folder. Folder hierarchy needs to be maintained. For KSP mods, GameData is treated like "C:\"
  • For Angel-125's mods, everything is relative to his WildBlueIndustries folder which is always directly under GameData.
  • Many parts are coded such that they need their assets to be in an absolute (exact) location and aren't relative so they'll break if not installed exactly.
  • If the folder you drop into GameData contains dashes and a version number, you installed it wrong. Dig deeper in the zip file and get the folder that has just the mod name.
  • Your install needs to look like this:
GameData
	> *alltheothermodsyoulike*
	> NearFutureProps // packaged with this mod
	> Squad
	> WildBlueIndustries
		> 00WildBlueTools
		> ClassicStockResources
		> Buffalo
		> FlyingSaucers // this mod
		> Pathfinder
	ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll (or higher number, very important too)
1 hour ago, Sunesha said:

Question, Anyone know a trick to get AVR0 "Coanda" Hoverjet to hover at slow speed?

You may want to clip some downward-facing radial intakes into the ship. You get the least air when your only intake is facing up and you're moving down, subtracting further from intake speed.

Edited by JadeOfMaar