[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

3 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

So erm well I had to..................tweakscaled a few things..................and...............

Star Base Kerbal! :)

@DStaal I'll look into it, but lowering the floor may result in less space available.

In the meantime I'll be looking at the latest bugs and seeing what I can sort through. I have an idea about what's going on with the resources.

4 hours ago, hms_warrior said:

Hey just a quick suggestion:

I installed your mod and had a little proplem: it's laggy as hell(but i don't have the best computer). So i deinstalled the mods that do all the little interior things and it runs much better. Of course now the internal view is basicly just grey.

Would it be a lot of work to put simple textures of monitors etc. behind those props?

This way people with bad PCs could just have simple interiors without extra functionality and people with good PCs could have your (awesome) interactive internal view.

The more props you have in your IVAs, the more effort it takes to render them, so I'm not surprised that your rendering speed improved after removing the props. Unfortunately right now it would take a lot of work to put textures where the MAS monitors are. IVAs are a large time investment for little return, so removing the IVAs is your best bet if you need to improve game speed. Making multiple versions of the IVAs is unfeasible at the present time.

44 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

@DStaal I'll look into it, but lowering the floor may result in less space available.

Could probably slope it, if you wanted.

BTW: I'm just unlocking the parts - are you supposed to be able to fly from Kerbin at this level of tech?  I'm running out of GravityWaves extremely quickly - and the generator says it's running at about 28% efficiency.  Is this normal, and something's going to be unlocked?

One last thing: When placing a part with a tooltip in the SPH, (haven't built one in the VAB), I get multiple pop-ups of the tooltip, all in exactly the same place.  (Making it look like closing the window doesn't do anything.)

I am having fun though.  ;)

9 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Could probably slope it, if you wanted.

BTW: I'm just unlocking the parts - are you supposed to be able to fly from Kerbin at this level of tech?  I'm running out of GravityWaves extremely quickly - and the generator says it's running at about 28% efficiency.  Is this normal, and something's going to be unlocked?

One last thing: When placing a part with a tooltip in the SPH, (haven't built one in the VAB), I get multiple pop-ups of the tooltip, all in exactly the same place.  (Making it look like closing the window doesn't do anything.)

I am having fun though.  ;)

If you haven't unlocked the fusion reactor yet, and are using something like SAFER, then yes, your saucer will be underpowered. Are you using KFS 0.2.4?

51 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

If you haven't unlocked the fusion reactor yet, and are using something like SAFER, then yes, your saucer will be underpowered. Are you using KFS 0.2.4?

Yep, 0.2.4.  And yes, I haven't unlocked the fusion reactor yet - I just barely unlocked the drive, and it's my highest tech level.  I won't worry about it then. ;)

1 hour ago, DStaal said:

Yep, 0.2.4.  And yes, I haven't unlocked the fusion reactor yet - I just barely unlocked the drive, and it's my highest tech level.  I won't worry about it then. ;)

KSP’s event system fires multiple times and is causing the multiple windows to pop up. Trying to mitigate the problems. I have the resource issue fixed but haven’t reproduced the Crazy Mode not working when you drop a probe under the saucer yet. On the plus side Crazy Mode now is affected by the thrust limiter in addition to throttle setting. I was buzzing KSC this morning with just hover mode and crazy mode engaged, and not depleting my GravityWaves. 

Very much looking forward to trying this out. Your airships mod is one of my favorites, and this is definitely going to be too.

Also, the "10F Disco Bar" reference made me laugh. Can't wait to start serving my kerbals some synthahol.

KFS 0.2.5 is now available:

- In the flight scene, you now have the ability to recover resources that are normally stored in the Refinery.
- Some resources, like Graviolium, are now considered restricted in OmniStorage tanks. You can allocate space for a restricted resource in the VAB/SPH, but it won't be added to the container until launch. This avoids the problems associated with adding resources in the editor that can give a craft a negative part cost. No such restriction applies to vessels reconfigured after launch.
- Lowered the Flapjack cargo bay floor slightly to make it easier to sit kerbals inside using the external command seat.
- Crazy Mode movement is now affected by thrust limit in addition to throttle setting.
- Fixed issue with Crazy Mode failing to function when multiple vessels are loaded in physics range.

Known Issue: MAS occasionally throws an NRE when multiple vessels are in physics range (specifically, DSEV's Estonian). When this happens, Crazy Mode's GUI is no longer rendered. Workaround: Close and re-open the VTOL Manager.

Edited by Angel-125

Last one ( Promise............sort of ) Added T.U to get the shiny Saucer look , a few other small things an here ya go , it's hovering sort of

One thing i'd like to learn about is how to get a constant sound i:e no up an down noise from the sound file when you throttle up ? is it even possible .

21 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Known Issue: MAS occasionally throws an NRE when multiple vessels are in physics range (specifically, DSEV's Estonian). When this happens, Crazy Mode's GUI is no longer rendered. Workaround: Close and re-open the VTOL Manager.

As it turns out, RPM throws an NRE when switching away from an RPM vessel to a not-RPM vessel.  And there was an NRE coming from MASCamera when a MAS vessel entered physics range.  Both will have fixes posted today if I have a chance (they're ready to go - just need time to package and post them).

5 hours ago, Puggonaut said:

Last one ( Promise............sort of ) Added T.U to get the shiny Saucer look , a few other small things an here ya go , it's hovering sort of

One thing i'd like to learn about is how to get a constant sound i:e no up an down noise from the sound file when you throttle up ? is it even possible .

Just need to edit the effect in the engine config. Not too hard but you’ll need to learn how to change float curves.

3 hours ago, MOARdV said:

As it turns out, RPM throws an NRE when switching away from an RPM vessel to a not-RPM vessel.  And there was an NRE coming from MASCamera when a MAS vessel entered physics range.  Both will have fixes posted today if I have a chance (they're ready to go - just need time to package and post them).

Much appreciated, thank you:)

Can't crazy mode into the ground, mountains, or buildings. But you sure can crash the good old fashioned way. :blush:

I added Pathfinder and Buffalo to my install to play around with the resources. I have a couple questions about gravoilium and propellium.

Gravoilium is available in low orbit for Lathe, Kerbin, Eve, and Jool; and on the surface on Dres, Eve, and in some asteroids. The thing I'm seeing is that Dres and Eve is showing a resource percentage of 0.00%. (Using the stock survey scanner.) Is this correct? I'm reading it as there is nothing worth looking for on either planet. If the resource percentage was 0.01 or 0.02%, I would think it's real rare and may be worth at least sending a probe out to the planets to see if I can find the one or two a good sources. 

Where do I find propellium? Is there a converter I missed in KFS? Is it something I can make using one of the Pathfinder converters? 

Also gravoilium and propellium isn't showing in the SCANsat resource lists but all the other resources for Pathfinder are showing.

And to show I'm not just griping... my Mk2 freighter. Made with the finest (none were recalled, I swear) Buffalo storage containers. Designed with all your transportation needs in mind.

0OCmqCi.png

wTZazgr.png

22 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Can't crazy mode into the ground, mountains, or buildings. But you sure can crash the good old fashioned way. :blush:

I added Pathfinder and Buffalo to my install to play around with the resources. I have a couple questions about gravoilium and propellium.

Gravoilium is available in low orbit for Lathe, Kerbin, Eve, and Jool; and on the surface on Dres, Eve, and in some asteroids. The thing I'm seeing is that Dres and Eve is showing a resource percentage of 0.00%. (Using the stock survey scanner.) Is this correct? I'm reading it as there is nothing worth looking for on either planet. If the resource percentage was 0.01 or 0.02%, I would think it's real rare and may be worth at least sending a probe out to the planets to see if I can find the one or two a good sources. 

Where do I find propellium? Is there a converter I missed in KFS? Is it something I can make using one of the Pathfinder converters? 

Also gravoilium and propellium isn't showing in the SCANsat resource lists but all the other resources for Pathfinder are showing.

And to show I'm not just griping... my Mk2 freighter. Made with the finest (none were recalled, I swear) Buffalo storage containers. Designed with all your transportation needs in mind.

Your creativity continues to amaze me.:)

To answer your questions, it sounds like Eve and Dres aren't showing enough percentage, but I'm not sure if it's their resource levels or the seed value for your game. Maybe @JadeOfMaar can take a look.

Propellium can be found on any planet that has an ocean. That's what the Hydroscoop is for. :)KFS also lets you make Propellium from Ore. You can also split Water into Propellium (and Oxium) if you have Pathfinder installed.

@Angel-125  @shdwlrd The MaxAbundance values for Eve and Dres are too low to be worthwhile (an oversight I should have avoided when I expanded the distribution config). Currently it's far more worth your time to harvest the orbits of Kerbin and Eve vs the listed surfaces. I had assumed that part of the mystery or challenge to Graviolium was that it was not meant to appear in SCANsat so I never made it available in SCANsat's resource overlays. In addition, no crustal maxAbundance value reaches or exceeds 1% so there's nearly no point to having it show in SCANsat, and these may be below a minimum threshold somewhere in the stock orbital scanner too.

Spoiler

If you're interested in a planet pack and KFS, the supported planet packs are:

• Galileo's Planet Pack
  • Grannus Expansion Pack
  • Outer Planets Mod
  • Before Kerbin
  • Other Worlds: Reboot

Propellium (equivalent to LqdHydrogen) can be scooped at very generous altitudes in space at every planet or moon, but is exceptionally abundant at known gas giants and stars and fills the atmospheres of these known bodies (so you can go and farm Jool or farm Kerbol/the Sun).

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Your creativity continues to amaze me.:)

To answer your questions, it sounds like Eve and Dres aren't showing enough percentage, but I'm not sure if it's their resource levels or the seed value for your game. Maybe @JadeOfMaar can take a look.

Propellium can be found on any planet that has an ocean. That's what the Hydroscoop is for. :)KFS also lets you make Propellium from Ore. You can also split Water into Propellium (and Oxium) if you have Pathfinder installed.

Thank you. :) I have an idea for a super heavy lifter. Just need some time to built and test it.

The hydroscoop, that make sense now. I was thinking it was for gravoilium from water. That's my bad. I was looking at the wrong resource as propellium was near full when I tried it.

It's been a long time since I used any of the Pathfinder converters. (I usually use MKS for that stuff.) I'll look through the converters tomorrow. 

9 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The MaxAbundance values for Eve and Dres are too low to be worthwhile (an oversight I should have avoided when I expanded the distribution config). Currently it's far more worth your time to harvest the orbits of Kerbin and Eve vs the listed surfaces. I had assumed that part of the mystery or challenge to Graviolium was that it was not meant to appear in SCANsat so I never made it available in SCANsat's resource overlays. These are very easy changes to make.

Makes sense if it is that rare of an element to find. Then the only real option for surface extraction is to use a bunch of drills. Yeah, orbital extraction sounds a lot easier. (I have no luck with resources and asteroids.)

I've had games that a resource percentage was very low still show on the SCANsat maps. After running the ground level analysis in all the biomes did I find out it wasn't worth extracting that resource on the planet. That actually can be a way to point players to Eve and Dres. Let them decide if it's worth their time and trouble to search for that one sliver of extractable gravoilium and extract it.

12 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

I know I know but I had another couple of idea's , blame the Polaris Missle and Battlestar Galactica though :lol:

I didn't think about the original bsg series cylon basestars. Nice.