[Min KSP 1.12.2] Kerbal Flying Saucers - Build Flying Saucers in KSP!

Angelo Kerman

2 hours ago, timbrwolf1121 said:

They work, but only when I am not pushing the saucer to its limits. I don't actually know what I am doing so I usually end up plowing through the atmosphere and blowing up any parts that can't handle it. 
I did recently learn how to use the CFG files though so I may just tweak the stock gear temp for now.

lol... it would be easier and cleaner to use a module manager patch for the landing gear. most stock parts can withstand reentry from Kerbins orbit without blowing up. how fast are you going?

if you really need to get somewhere fast, use a sub-orbital hop. it takes a few try's to get it right, once you do, you can make it to the opposite side of Kerbin in about 15-20 mins depending of how accurate you are. (it can take about 30-40 min flying hypersonic in the atmosphere.)

[1.8.x-1.10.x] Module Manager 4.1.4 (July 7th 2020) - Locked inside edition - Add-on Releases - Kerbal Space Program Forums

• 3 months later...

Kerbal Flying Saucers 0.4.11 is now available:

Changes

- Gravitic engines no longer set the throttle when hover mode is active, but resources are still consumed.
- Lowered the unit cost of Graviolium.
- Added stock inventory support to storage sections.
- Graviolium is no longer produced in the Refinery (which was available at the Space Center).
- Graviolium is no longer removed when you launch a vessel.
- With Blueshift installed, parts with Graviolium storage will be able to add the resource in the editor when the resource tweak button is enabled.
- Fixed issue where gravitic engines without a rotating gravity ring would disable Crazy Mode.
- Fixed issue where Graviolium never appears in asteroids.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Angel, the landing gear can't be fit and aligned properly for my UFO craft..please fix it ..thanks 

also where can i mine the propellium as i can't find any....the crafts you provided don't work anymore..please update the crafts, please? 

Edited by kennyc222

On 4/7/2021 at 4:14 AM, Uncommonality said:

Hi! Could I be so bold as to suggest a Saucer Segment that has a MK2 adapter built into it? The way I currently connect the two is via noclipped mk2-saucer engine mount adapter, but that always looks a bit weird and there's some z-fighting going on.

I do have some significant revisions planned, but am stuck on other projects at the moment. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

3 hours ago, kennyc222 said:

Hi Angel, the landing gear can't be fit and aligned properly for my UFO craft..please fix it ..thanks 

also where can i mine the propellium as i can't find any....the crafts you provided don't work anymore..please update the crafts, please? 

Not sure what you're referring to, can you be more specific?

On 5/5/2021 at 12:37 AM, kennyc222 said:

it doesn't well aligned for the landing gear and wheel.....also will you incorporate your FTL drive into flying saucer too?? 

Ah ok, that is a known issue with the saucer parts. You may need to play around with attachment locations and then move them where you want them.

FTL is indeed planned once I get back to KFS. Blueshift was created specifically for adding FTL to this mod, but it expanded to include a variety of parts for those who wanted FTL without the flying saucers. While currently on hold, the mothership is also poised to become a saucer section for starships, and I am planning an IXS Enterprise like adapter part for the smaller saucer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Currently can't get the Vtol Manager to work. I have:
ASET Avionics 2.1

ASET Props 1.5

Avionics systems 1.2.3

and RasterPropMonitor 0.31.4

The button shows up on the toolbar, but clicking it has no effect. The GUI doesn't show up. I have several other mods, so it's hard to pinpoint what's causing it.

1 hour ago, eldemarco said:

Currently can't get the Vtol Manager to work. I have:
ASET Avionics 2.1

ASET Props 1.5

Avionics systems 1.2.3

and RasterPropMonitor 0.31.4

The button shows up on the toolbar, but clicking it has no effect. The GUI doesn't show up. I have several other mods, so it's hard to pinpoint what's causing it.

I have verified that the VTOL manager is working properly in KSP 1.12.1:

zYokQrh.png

Make sure to install everything that's in the release bundle. Your WildBlueIndustries folder should have:

KFS
  000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete
  000WildBlueTools
  001KerbalActuators
  ClassicStockResources
  FlyingSaucers

On 8/11/2021 at 5:48 PM, Angel-125 said:

I have verified that the VTOL manager is working properly in KSP 1.12.1:

zYokQrh.png

Make sure to install everything that's in the release bundle. Your WildBlueIndustries folder should have:

KFS
  000WildBlueTools
  001KerbalActuators
  ClassicStockResources
  FlyingSaucers

Have the following in my WildBlueIndustries folder:

000WildBlueTools

001KerbalActuators

Blueshift

Buffalo

ClassicStockResources

DSEV

FlyingSaucers

KerbalKISItems

Still not working. I'm going to start with just Wild Blue and dependencies, and try to find what is incompatible, because Throttle Controlled Avionics is also not showing a GUI in the same manner.

Edit: I found the issue. I had been looking for a mod that added gradual science gain, so I installed Station Science, that was what caused the issue.

Edited by eldemarco

I'm taking a short break from SunkWorks to do a bit of an update for KFS. Here's a preview.

New A-51 Mk2 Adapter:

Q69cFm2.png

Xtw8Fp4.png

It's just like the existing A-51 Engine Mount, but instead of the custom shape of the original (which is still around), this version adapts to the Mk2 form factor.

A-51 Conference Room:

oRdVEB2.png

Per request from @adsii1970, this is a variant of the A-51 Crew Cabin that seats 5 in cramped conditions. Kerbals have to fold out the table to sit down, so better hope to use the restroom before having a long meeting...

I have a part in mind similar to the cockpit of the IXS Enterprise that would fit the A-51 saucer sections.  Additionally, I have ideas for a 1.25m gravitic engine and a 2.5m version as well. These engines will appear in the Gravity Wave Applications tech tree node and be fully self-contained, combining a fusion reactor, gravitic generator, and gravitic engine all in one.

Finally, I'm adjusting the textures slightly to be more in line with Restock. My guess is that these new parts will roll out over the next couple of releases.

(WIP) Thanks to the new part variants for engines that let you remove the tank butts, the older A-51 form factor, with two size 0 attachment nodes and one size 1 node, is no longer needed. But what we do need is a Mk2 Engine Plate similar to those found in Making History...

K16YPNk.png

n78pzrQ.png

5irAh5l.png

j2JvXni.png

New stock/Near Future Props IVA prop set is being added to the A-51 for when you don't have MOARdV's Avionics Systems installed:
7OcvayR.png
The IVA will automatically switch between the stock/NFP IVA and the MOARdV IVA (shout out to @MOARdV, who made the A-51's MAS IVA, I absolutely love it!)