KSP Weekly: Something about TESS

SQUAD

*Is now sad because he wasted 1 million :funds: setting up a base in the desert with mining and refining capabilities....* 

Eh who cares.. MORE LAUNCH SITESSSSS!!!! 

Oh hey maybe someone could add one on the polar ice caps. Right near the coast.

2 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Oh hey maybe someone could add one on the polar ice caps. Right near the coast.

Woomerang is only actually about 10 minutes flight from the Ice Caps. I often use it as a staging post to reach the Northern Ice Shelf. Wouldn't complain if we were to get something near the southern ice caps though (cough cough hint hint)

I'm not playing on 1.4.x yet, and I'm assuming that 1.4.2 saves are going to be compatible with 1.4.3. So what happens to a ship placed in 1.4.2 exactly where the new runway would be in 1.4.3, and you then launch that save in 1.4.3? :confused:

3 hours ago, scimas said:

I'm not playing on 1.4.x yet, and I'm assuming that 1.4.2 saves are going to be compatible with 1.4.3. So what happens to a ship placed in 1.4.2 exactly where the new runway would be in 1.4.3, and you then launch that save in 1.4.3? :confused:

For the one player who unknowingly has a vehicle in the exact wrong spot, I would guess that anything ranging from nothing happens to game crashes on load of that specific save file could occur. It seems likely that it would be possible to edit the save file to still be usuable (it's just a text file, after all), but worse case scenario that save file would not be compatible with the new update. My guess is we'll never know because it seems incredibly unlikely to happen (unless someone intentionally parks a ludicrous amount of vehicles all over the desert in hopes of finding out).

11 hours ago, scimas said:

If it’s like what happens when a craft loads within a non part object like the KSC, if the the entire craft if inside, then effectively nothing as long as you don’t touch the collider. If you do, or if you spawn halfway in, explosions occur. :)

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Still irritates me that the community is being split by the DLC at all, but the fact that it seems to be ridiculously unprepared for release makes it somewhat worse. I mean, seriously. I could have noticed the fairing bug by booting up my game, turning on he drag overlay, and launching the rocket. It’s. Or that hard. And even with the DLC, all the launch pads are on Kerbin, so it really doesn’t add too much functionality. Like being able to construct a laythe launch pad would be great! Or a moon launch pad would be the best. Of course, you would only be able to use them if you had a nearby presence on the planet.

On 4/13/2018 at 3:26 PM, SQUAD said:

After witnessing SpaceX’s vertical landings on floating drone ships, the team was inspired to include the necessary tools in KSP for players to attempt such feats. So, with this patch we are adding the capability to place mobile launchpads on the surface of water bodies in the expansion.

Does this mean we can now launch Sea Dragon rockets from the ocean?:o 

Will the mobile launch pads be available in all game modes, or just missions?

18 hours ago, lurkoholic said:

Does this mean we can now launch Sea Dragon rockets from the ocean?:o 

Will the mobile launch pads be available in all game modes, or just missions?

1. Probably

2. Just the expansion, note how @SQUAD said

On 4/13/2018 at 3:26 PM, SQUAD said:

the capability to place mobile launchpads on the surface of water bodies in the expansion.

Edit: Probably just missions; we can't currently place our mobile launchpads in all game modes.

Edited by Mrcarrot

7 hours ago, Mrcarrot said:

Edit: Probably just missions; we can't currently place our mobile launchpads in all game modes.

That's how I read it at first, but hopefully they will be available in other modes (at least with mods), since Woomerang is available in other modes, but not in the base game.

• 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.