[1.6.x] Starman's Tesla Roadster

TheBigElon

Starman's Tesla Roadster

ephFbou.png

On February 6th, 2018 this very Tesla Roadster along with an assortment of other things began their billion year journey around the Sun. Fortunately, the Kerbals discovered this amazing piece of history and brought it back to their homeworld of Kerbin. Now you can control the launch, and send Starman to whichever planet or moon you desire.

Features: 

• Detailed model of Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster and Starman based off of the real car.
  • Craft file for the stand with the car pre-mounted. (Fixed as of 2.1.1)
  • Don't Panic sign.

This mod was designed purely for entertainment and has no real functionality yet.

Changes in latest update v2.1.1:

• The craft a file has been updated and added back to the mod.

Changes in latest update v2.1:

• Removed rearview mirror and windshield wiper. They are not on the real car.
  • Fixed the side reflector colors. They now appear orange and red like they are supposed to.
  • Slightly adjusted the tires. About 2% larger and fit nicer in the wheel well.

Completely new Starman model and other visual improvements are on the way in a future update.

Download from SpaceDock

Download from CurseForge

Requires

Edited by TheBigElon
Updated Info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, TheBigElon said:
Album u4VX7 will appear when post is submitted

On February 6th, 2018 this very Tesla Roadster along with an assortment of other things began their billion year journey around the Sun. Fortunately, the Kerbals discovered this amazing piece of history and brought it back to their homeworld of Kerbin. Now you can control the launch, and send Starman to whichever planet or moon you desire.

Requires HullcamVDS and LazTek's SpaceX Launch Pack for the craft file to work. The 'part' itself does not require these mods, but as of now, the collision mesh is a bit funky so I would recommend installing these two other mods if you don't have them already and using the preconfigured craft file.

Features: 

• A Detailed model of Elon Musk's Tesla Roadster and Starman based off of the pre-launch animation 
  • Craft file for the stand with the car pre-mounted 
  • Don't Panic Sign

This mod was designed purely for entertainment and has no real functionality yet. When v2.0 is released, some cool and funny new features, as well as bug fixes, will be included.

Download

Is there some trick to getting the car to attach to nodes? I've been trying and trying and I can't seem to find any part that it fits on to.

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Is there some trick to getting the car to attach to nodes? I've been trying and trying and I can't seem to find any part that it fits on to.

I am aware of an issue with the attachment nodes as well as the collision mesh. A temporary fix is using a cubic octogonal strut, then using the move tool to move it to your desired location.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:09 PM, cool88888 said:

ummmmmm... still when i put it on the falcon heavy... it tuns in to a other block! (and yes i have the mods)

I updated the original post. If you downloaded LazTek's mod, then you got the wrong one. Idk why it took me this long to realize I had linked the wrong SpaceX mod. Use this one: https://spacedock.info/mod/269/SpaceX Launch Vehicles

Edited by TheBigElon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:36 PM, Insanity_BK said:

Why do i need a part named equitriangle0 and how do i get it?

Its part of the Making History DLC. I suppose the craft file I used contained parts from it. I'll make creating a Non-MH craft file a priority. Sorry about that.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2018 at 3:48 AM, Jesusthebird said:

Lol!! This is hilarious!!  Is it me or would anyone else want a kerbal in the driver seat? :sticktongue: 

This community always ceases to amaze me with silly mods like this. Thanks for making my day

Hmm. I suppose I could make a few changes to allow a Kerbal to sit inside. I'll have to talk to a few other devs and see what I can do, and make a separate release.

Well, guys, I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure I've broken the mod. Constantly getting the #autoLOC_8004230 error which means there's a mod issue. I've updated PartTools for 1.5.x, updated and even redid some of the shaders entirely, yet it refuses to work. I'm not sure if its the .mu file itself, or the config. If any of yall are good with mods or could connect me to someone who is, I would really appreciate it. I've been putting off working on the mod because I know how rushed it was in early development. Config file I know is a mess. It always has been. Once again if anyone knows how or knows someone who knows how that could help me sort this whole thing out and maybe teach me a few things, I would appreciate it. I had tons of plans for this mod but got discouraged when I realized how broken stuff was. I would love to bring at least a few of these to life and hopefully revive this project.

(Here in unity it looks nice. Just wish I knew what the source(s) of my problems are.)

JZRavD1.png

(Btw for those who don't know, this is my first attempt in the mod world of any game. So if it seems like I know what I'm doing, let me assure you that I do not.)

Edited by TheBigElon

4 minutes ago, TheBigElon said:

Well, guys, I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure I've broken the mod. Constantly getting the #autoLOC_8004230 error which means there's a mod issue. I've updated PartTools for 1.5.x, updated and even redid some of the shaders entirely, yet it refuses to work. I'm not sure if its the .mu file itself, or the config. If any of yall are good with mods or could connect me to someone who is, I would really appreciate it. I've been putting off working on the mod because I know how rushed it was in early development. Config file I know is a mess. It always has been. Once again if anyone knows how or knows someone who knows how that could help me sort this whole thing out and maybe teach me a few things, I would appreciate it. I had tons of plans for this mod but got discouraged when I realized how broken stuff was. I would love to bring at least a few of these to life and hopefully revive this project.

(Here in unity it looks nice. Just wish I knew what the source(s) of my problems are.)

JZRavD1.png

searching up the error bring this up? hopefully it helps!

Also the model looks fantastic in unity!

(long story short the reddit post says that the error is something to do with expansion loading fail? perhaps its linked to the craft file or so. not sure, i'm not a modder)

Edited by darkerdadorito
added something i forgot to say and i didnt want to post another message

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.