[1.6.x] Starman's Tesla Roadster

TheBigElon

1 minute ago, darkerdadorito said:

searching up the error bring this up? 

What I don't get is that it says #autoLOC_8004230 is an Expansion Load Failure. MH DLC loads fine, unless by expansion it means the mod. v2.1.1 still works properly and loads fine.

1 minute ago, TheBigElon said:

What I don't get is that it says #autoLOC_8004230 is an Expansion Load Failure. MH DLC loads fine, unless by expansion it means the mod. v2.1.1 still works properly and loads fine.

have you tried running the mod in other versions? what if it's just something with 1.5?

11 minutes ago, darkerdadorito said:

aight. well it's already midnight here so i'm gonna head off. ill check on your report tomorrow

(why did i type this)

hopefully it works!

So after testing in 1.4.5, I can confirm it still does not appear in the VAB though I do not get the same error when first loading to the menu screen. Essentially the issue is the same, the way it presents itself is not. Obviously, I would like it to be compatible with 1.5.0 (v2.1.1 works fine but just has a few graphical issues) and I also would love to get the updated Starman model I've had for months working too, but I guess the first step is actually getting it to work again. Hopefully I can find someone who actually know wth they're doing and help me sort this mess out.

Edited by TheBigElon

5 minutes ago, JH4C said:

There's usually very few issues with parts when patches are issued, so this is a puzzler. Have you made any wild changes to the part.cfg?

No. It hasn't been touched in months and was working fine, and continues to do so with the latest public release being v2.1.1

1 hour ago, TheBigElon said:

No, I haven't. And if I needed to, I wouldn't know unless someone said I did.

did you try reinstalling ksp? perhaps it's something to do with messed up graphic issues or, something along the lines of that.

also you could just rewrite the whole part file and see if that works.

also stupid question but i must ask: did you install the mod correctly?
also could you find it in the vab? (perhaps you misnamed the part)

Edited by darkerdadorito
added stuff

3 hours ago, darkerdadorito said:

did you try reinstalling ksp? perhaps it's something to do with messed up graphic issues or, something along the lines of that.

also you could just rewrite the whole part file and see if that works.

also stupid question but i must ask: did you install the mod correctly?
also could you find it in the vab? (perhaps you misnamed the part)

Reinstalled, no luck. Also tried on another PC

I could try to do that.

Installed correctly.

Was unable to find it at all in VAB.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'd be happy to take a look if you send me a zip of the whole thing

I can have them for you on Thursday. I can PM you a link once I have access to the computer all the stuff is on. Just let me know what all you need and want to take a look at, and I'll get it over to you.

Edited by TheBigElon

20 minutes ago, TheBigElon said:

I can have them for you on Thursday. I can PM you a link once I have access to the computer all the stuff is on. Just let me know what all you need and want to take a look at, and I'll get it over to you.

I'm not a modeler, so I dont need the original files.  Just the mu, textures and cfg file

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'm not a modeler, so I dont need the original files.  Just the mu, textures and cfg file

I'll try and get them to you tomorrow, if not then, definitely on Thursday. One thing I have noticed is since I updated the shaders on the model, no textures are produces when I compile it. May be because its all materials and not textures. But like I said, I'll get them to you asap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.