[1.6.x] Starman's Tesla Roadster

TheBigElon

5 hours ago, idinmomenzadeh said:

Im still waiting for the new craft files... Is there a planned release?

it's not hard, you just need to mount the starman on a truss and do a bunch of part clipping and stuff with the move and rotate tools. or you could just get an older version of the mod (the 1st actually) and take the craft file from there and just replace the old model with the current model!

12 hours ago, darkerdadorito said:

do you plan on adding other stuff for this mod if this problem is fixed? (such as custom mounts or things like that)

I want to focus on fixing existing issues first. I think it's important to have a good foundation before I continue to add things. Feel free to make suggestions though and I'll see what I can do.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:09 AM, JH4C said:

@TheBigElon I don't know if you've already looked and found this, but I just spotted this thread in the modelling & texturing subforum and thought it might offer some extra debugging suggestions:

I've read about normals being messed but honestly, I'm not sure if that's it. I know when I lowered the face count on the steering wheel, the center part was no longer invisible. Only thing is with a model as complex as Starman, its impossible to do that without making it look terrible. I suppose I could try to cut him up into different pieces, but Idek how to do that. I'm sure its possible. For right now, I'm gonna focus on getting the mod to actually work before I look into fixing the new starman model.

On 10/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, idinmomenzadeh said:

.. I did read it im just asking if there is ;-;

New craft files are top priority after everything is working again. 2.1.1 has a perfectly functional craft file right now, the only caveat is that it required Making History.

2 hours ago, TheBigElon said:

I want to focus on fixing existing issues first. I think it's important to have a good foundation before I continue to add things. Feel free to make suggestions though and I'll see what I can do.

I've read about normals being messed but honestly, I'm not sure if that's it. I know when I lowered the face count on the steering wheel, the center part was no longer invisible. Only thing is with a model as complex as Starman, its impossible to do that without making it look terrible. I suppose I could try to cut him up into different pieces, but Idek how to do that. I'm sure its possible. For right now, I'm gonna focus on getting the mod to actually work before I look into fixing the new starman model.

New craft files are top priority after everything is working again. 2.1.1 has a perfectly functional craft file right now, the only caveat is that it required Making History.

On 10/26/2018 at 8:37 AM, TheBigElon said:

ah... alright. I'll just wait till this problem gets solved and i'll post some mod suggestions after then.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Natokerbal said:

@TheBigElon so how is it going?

sry that I keep asking I just want to make a cinematic using a high res starman.

I pretty sure the whole model has screwed itself over which might mean I have to restart from a backup of the 1.0.5 version. Not exactly something I wanted or expected to deal with, but here we are I guess. If I can have something out by February 6th as like an anniversary release, I will. That's the goal right now. Unfortunately, the winter break proved to be much more jam-packed than I expected and school starts again this week on the 10th. I got only about 3 days to really evaluate the situation, figure out the plan from here on out, and start working. If there was more I could say, I would but really, I'm about as lost in this whole thing as you guys are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.