BFR by Alcentar V1.2

Alcentar

di-0MND.gif

screenshot66.png

I decided to post my work on BFR, it is not finalized and does not have a connection to RO, since I do not sit in the KSP at all, but maybe he'll need somebody.

The package includes:
1. Simplified engines Raptor
2. Two versions of the BFS ship, cargo and manned
3. BFR rocket
4. fins and RCS for BFR
5. Solar panels for BFS
6. Docking port for BFS

The manned version of BFS has 4 compartments for the exit the Kerbonauts, two in the payload compartment, one for the EVA (main), another with a built-in ladder, it also has built-in landing legs, a docking port for connecting two BFS ships, and animation glow of windows.
The cargo version also has a built-in docking port.

All the textures in the .png format, so that every newcomer to Photoshop can change them at will.

screenshot55.pngscreenshot58.png

V1.2

1. Added evelons for BFR
2. Added RO Patch
Ship file in VAB works only with RSS/RO.

DOWNLOAD:  https://spacedock.info/mod/1813/BFR

Edited by Alcentar
Removed profanity.

Wow! This looks amazing! Great work on this one and I'm sure RO users would be super happy with it!

few things:
1. Fix your texel density. Your texture resolutions are pretty low on the booster and decoupler compared to the BFS.
2. Use `ModuleRCSFX` because your RCS FX are inverted, and make them a bit smaller maybe?

Edited by damonvv

The models are great, but they have some problems here and there.

As @damonvv said, booster and decoupler have texture quality problems compared to the BFS.

Another big problem is that..BFS has no flaps.

Lastly but not less important is that the part configurations have problems ( I can understand as you said you're not into the KSP modding community).This can be fixed if someone that knows what do to adopts your mod (at least on the .cfgs side).

Noneless, this mod looks great, you're truly an expert in modelling and texturing!

22 hours ago, COL.R.Neville said:

there are i think two large squarish areas one is for the docking port the other i believe is the crew ingress egress point. there should be covers for both. 

But there is a Button in the right-click-menue 'open docking port' ant it happens nothing if you click this button. Also the dockingport is a separate part.

I like it and all, but its got a lot of problems I've noticed

1. Uses ITS docking procedure, the BFR does a Butt to butt one

2. the atmosphere engines seem a little weak, kinda hard to hover need full thrust for hover (using mechjeb)

3. The RCS seem underpowered can barely move the BFR

And I'd recommend using the real names and FEWER CAPS. the caps look very tacky and using the F-bomb in the name may get the mod removed. besides that its good

yeah i dont think that open and close docking port on the spacecraft itself is supposed to be there not sure. im just gonna pull that one out of my cfg and just use the big tube instead.  

i would use the rcs from thrimm's ITS. those are some pretty good ones. just make sure to use the rcs build aid to place them correctly. 

i would also use the body flaps from cormorant and use a small probe core that you angle at about 15 to 20 degrees that way you can do a control from the probe and have it hold a 20 or so degree nose up when you hit prograde on sas.  

the cargo version is the one i really like im gonna be using that one to deliver station science modules etc...

Edited by COL.R.Neville

1. Dock the port works, activate its animation to get two pipes from the bottom, then you can make the connection of two BFS, without activating it on two BFS docking will not be possible.

screenshot_6361115_29995472.jpg
2. Textures BFR will not change, at least until they suit me.
3. I made the flaps and almost finished the RO cfg.

3 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Very very nice! You need to fix your download though. You forgot the BFR folder. I had to look at your cfg. to find out the name of the folder to get the mod to work.

True, as well as RO cfg, but judging by the fact that before you this no one noticed this mod is useless. :D

8 hours ago, Alcentar said:

True, as well as RO cfg, but judging by the fact that before you this no one noticed this mod is useless. :D

I thought it was strange no-one said anything about it before me as-well..... I think everyone is more excited about the Falcon Heavy right now. No way I would say it was useless. Give it a few weeks, it will pick up

I think that this is the best-ish (certainly well detailed) mod of the 2017 BFR (though I have heard that there might be a bigger BFR for 2018, or so what Elon tweeted). Anyhow, I downloaded the first version of the mod when it was just three hours old in the forums, I was very impressed, and I do hope that this mod will be perfected eventually, because it is the best one out there.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:08 PM, Argiziont said:

So,I still here.Still waiting for LCA ))

Sorry, but LCA will not, there are other more popular add-ons with these details.

On 4/26/2018 at 3:07 PM, g600 said:

I think that this is the best-ish (certainly well detailed) mod of the 2017 BFR (though I have heard that there might be a bigger BFR for 2018, or so what Elon tweeted). Anyhow, I downloaded the first version of the mod when it was just three hours old in the forums, I was very impressed, and I do hope that this mod will be perfected eventually, because it is the best one out there.

I do not think that I will continue to develop, there are a lot of add-ons in KSP, why it is necessary to create copies, especially since there are more popular analogs.
Also lost almost all interest in KSP. -_-

4 hours ago, Alcentar said:

I do not think that I will continue to develop, there are a lot of add-ons in KSP, why it is necessary to create copies, especially since there are more popular analogs.

Well, for starters your model is the cleanest, most accurate looking BFR on the market. 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:54 AM, Alcentar said:

There's clearly desire from the community to use this and desire to have it improved. Your mod has been downloaded over 400 times in a 2 week time-frame.

4 hours ago, Alcentar said:

Also lost almost all interest in KSP. -_-

This is sad. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.