Adler Defense Systems - R-3A Schwall Advanced Frontline Fighter

R-3A Schwall: Unparrelled Air Dominance Delivered

j3iRHci.png

Developed under the Republic of Kerbalia Air Force Advanced Frontline Fighter program, Adler Defense Systems presents its 5th generation Air Superiority Fighter, the R-3A Schwall.

4ionnGG.png

A lethal package of stealth, speed, agility and next gen sensor fusion, the R-3A achieves unquestionable airspace dominance through unmatched overall performance. 

Tq0Vts3.png

Stealth:

Advanced radiation-absorbent materials and metasurfaces, along with internal weapons bays and sophisticated shapes all help ensure the survival and combat effectiveness of the R-3A in hostile airspace, giving allied forces decisive operational advantages. The vertical tailless design strengthens the R-3A's stealth to a greater degree.

Speed:

The lethality and high survivability of the R-3A is further enhanced by speed - capable of Mach 1.4 supercruise and  prolonged Mach 2.3 afterburner dash at extreme altitude ensures rapid insertion and extraction over hostile airspace and air defenses.

Agility:

R-3A brings forth superior aerodynamics through an unconventional forward swept wing design, canards, and 3D vectoring. The R-3a possess great agility at subsonic speeds, its blazing acceleration and razor sharp turns leaves any competition behind in ashes.

Sensor fusion:

The R-3A's combat mainframe can autonomously collect data through hundreds of on board sensors and share it among all allied forces through secured data links, providing real time high-fidelity battlefield surveillance for commanders and coalition partners, ensuring joint operation effectiveness starting from zero hour.

ewdm1bb.png

The R-3A features an enclosed cockpit system, favoring external cameras linked to the pilot's HMD and spherical monitors inside the cockpit, providing unobstructed views and augmented reality, enhancing pilot awareness and combat effectiveness.

1V8krW6.png

ilWx2a4.png

R-3A Schwall flying in formation with the R-5A Schnee of the Support Fighter Program currently under development.

Specifications:

General characteristics

Crew: 1
Length: 21.1 m
Wingspan: 15.1 m
Height: 1.95 m
Wing area: 85 m²
Empty weight: 14,853 kg
Loaded weight: 23,164 kg standard air superiority loadout*
Max. takeoff weight: 30,120 kg(limited by landing gear safety load)
Fuel capacity: 9,673 kg internally, or 12,993 kg with two external 1.66 kL fuel tanks
Powerplant: 2 × Lyulka AL-31FM turbofans with 15 degrees 3D thrust vectoring
Dry thrust: 76.2 kN each
Thrust with afterburner: 122.4 kN each

*MTW-IR-100 x 2, AIM-120 x 6, 73% internal fuel

Performance

Maximum speed:
At altitude: Mach 2.5 as limited by engine temperature limit
Supercruise: >Mach 1.4* @ 8,000m
Combat Range: >3,500 km on internal fuel, standard air superiority loadout
Combat radius: >1,000 km(with ~800 km Mach 2.0~2.3* afterburner dash @ 15500 m ~ 17000 m, supersonic exit & subsonic return)
Ferry range: >4,000 km
Service ceiling: 18,000 m
Thrust/weight: 1.08
Maximum design g-load: 11.0+ g

*Would require a few minutes to accelerate to desired speed

Armament

Guns: 1× 20 mm M61A2 Vulcan 6-barrel rotary cannon in right LERX root, 650 rounds
Air-to-air mission loadout:
4× AIM-120A AMRAAM, 6xAIM-120C AMRAAM compressed
2× MTW-IR-100
Air-to-ground mission loadout:
2× 1,000 lb (450 kg) JDAM or 8× 250 lb (110 kg) GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs
3× AIM-120 AMRAAM
2× MTW-IR-100
Hardpoints: 2× under-wing pylon stations can be fitted to carry 1,660 L drop tanks or weapons.

UIAXB4J.jpg

Non-fiction:
1.I basically made the plane by mashing many planes together, be it realistic or fiction.
2.Thrust vectoring is essential for maintaining artificial yaw stability for certain roll maneuvers, so I couldn't use the more powerful F119s. Hands up for "please add 117S or izdeliye 30 to AJE".
3.Stock SAS can't fly the plane at all, atmosphere autopilot is a must. 
4.I tried fitting spin recovery chutes to it, only to find out it just doesn't work at low altitudes, so they are simply drogue chutes for landing now. If you're a good pilot you might be able to land it on a carrier deck without arresting gear. I'm not though.

• 3 months later...
32 minutes ago, LuciferZ25 said:

It looks like the plane from the movie Stealth. If BDA autopilot can fly it imma gonna make that movie in Kerbal studios:cool:

Lacking vertical stabilizers, I find it pretty much impossible to fly the plane without FBW systems like Atmosphere Autopilot. I could probably do both the F/A-37 Talon and EDI but I can already foresee a lot of work due to their complex shapes and designs that aren't good for flying (such as the really small intake on the talon). I'll notify you if I ever came around to it :D

On 7/19/2018 at 7:55 PM, Mignear said:

Wait, Yukikaze?

Has the JAM appeared on Kerbin?

Hope not, I'm afraid they'll start making copies of Jeb.
I originally based my ideas on the X-02 Wyvern & XR-45 Cariburn (cockpit "ring" & belly intakes), but then I found the cariburn had its roots traced back to Yukikaze(when I learnt about it), and I remodeled the intakes to those of Yukikaze's since it just works so much better.

Edited by Schwarz

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.