Give Kerbals a 'Days In Space' counter stat

I would like a little counter in Astronaut complex/Portrait Stats that shows the total days a Kerbal has spent in space.

To me this seems a no brainer. We already (in career mode) give Kerbals stars that show us their experienced status and enable them to perform tasks better.

Why not keep track of Kerbal experience the way that we track real life astronaut experience?

Extra credit: a counter for number of spaceflights, a counter for time spent EVA, a counter for pilot in command time...and so on.

To be clear, I am not asking that this counter needs to add to/modify the existing Star levels system. Purely aesthetic.

When you think of Vogel from 'The Martian' saying "500 days in space seems enough for a lifetime" it might put things in perspective when sending out a crew on their fifteenth Jool mission.

Cheers xD Andy.

Edited by Guest

52 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

more like "# of days on a mission", since that would be way easier to implement.

Exactly! Just a little "Mission time: x" for each crew member.

By the grace of Jebediah I have been looking around and it seems Final Frontier mod has a ribbon/awards system that keeps track of all of this and more! It's a little more complicated than I was envisaging, but it will actually serve my purposes quite well for now! Yay! Solutions!

Still will add my voice to the "this should be made stock" cries though!

Cheers again, Andy.

6 hours ago, Alrightythen214 said:

Final Frontier mod has a ribbon/awards system that keeps track of all of this and more!

Was going to point you to this one, but you found it yourself.

FF is a mod that adds absolutely nothing to gameplay, but completely changes the game.  I've gotten to the point that playing without it is just wrong.

PS4 Enhanced Edition,default controls, normal difficulty, career, console player. Love this game.

I was ( until recently ) under the impression that Kerbals skill levels were tied in some way to the tasks that they had actually performed.

I was diligently trying to insure all of my Kerbals had docked and manned my Space Station, had all  done EVA's, and EVA reports, in the day and night.. manned the Mun base, and the Mun Station... walked on the Mun etc. I was trying to make each one perform a wide variety of tasks, I hadn't actually tried to purposely deploy and repack a chute, but I was seriously considering it.

I don't want to suggest incorporating anything that will slow down my console any further, but it seems like a good idea to have a bit more functionality built into the Kerbals skill levels.

I would really like to be able to have my PS4 Kerbal Space Engineer pull a solar panel or antenna, off of one craft and place it on another craft. Same with placing/moving struts or fuel lines.

14 hours ago, GrouchyDevotee said:

PS4 Enhanced Edition,default controls, normal difficulty, career, console player. Love this game.

I was ( until recently ) under the impression that Kerbals skill levels were tied in some way to the tasks that they had actually performed.

I was diligently trying to insure all of my Kerbals had docked and manned my Space Station, had all  done EVA's, and EVA reports, in the day and night.. manned the Mun base, and the Mun Station... walked on the Mun etc. I was trying to make each one perform a wide variety of tasks, I hadn't actually tried to purposely deploy and repack a chute, but I was seriously considering it.

I don't want to suggest incorporating anything that will slow down my console any further, but it seems like a good idea to have a bit more functionality built into the Kerbals skill levels.

I would really like to be able to have my PS4 Kerbal Space Engineer pull a solar panel or antenna, off of one craft and place it on another craft. Same with placing/moving struts or fuel lines.

GD, you seem like the type who should graduate from the console to PC version.  Why have you not done so already? 

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

GD, you seem like the type who should graduate from the console to PC version.  Why have you not done so already? 

Computers and I don't seem to get along, I apparently irritate them as much as they confound me.

I actually moved from PC games to console for the simplicity of plug and play.

Also, I currently have a potato computer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.