My parts are invisible in the vab and hanger.

I'm making a CubeSat mod and i made the first part. the only issue i'm having is that when i click on the part to place it, i see the nodes, just no actual part...  I think i has to do with the model and texture. When i put it thru unity to get the .mu file, i only get a .mu file. I think there is also supposed to be another file too that is the texture. Also if i'm right about that what do i need to put in the .cfg file of the part to say what texture i want?

9 hours ago, TheNarwhalArmy said:

I'm making a CubeSat mod and i made the first part. the only issue i'm having is that when i click on the part to place it, i see the nodes, just no actual part...  I think i has to do with the model and texture. When i put it thru unity to get the .mu file, i only get a .mu file. I think there is also supposed to be another file too that is the texture. Also if i'm right about that what do i need to put in the .cfg file of the part to say what texture i want?

I hope this helps

The part would still be visible even if it was missing the textures. If it's completely invisible it sounds like you may have the normals reversed(in conjunction with multiple textures). To fix this you'd need to flip the normals in whatever program you used to model it. This problem can also happen if you use multiple textures on a single mesh only without flipped normals. KSP only supports a single texture per mesh and if you apply multiples and then import it into unity, any parts of that mesh that use the textures beyond the first one listed will be invisible.

Another thing that could be wrong is that your colliders have too many vertices, there is an upper limit of 256?(I think), and when a part has more than that it exports a corrupted mesh file, the game will load it but it won't show up in game.

Edited by raidernick

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.