Atlessa's song.

Atlessa

Welcome to the forum, @Atlessa.

As a fat old guitarist I'm not familiar with the track but the melody sure is uplifting - who is the original artist? 

Good work with the guitar parts, particularly the distorted part.  What gear did you use?

A little constructive criticism: It sounds to me like your guitar is not properly intonated (I hear it slightly out of tune in the lower registers but in tune higher up the fretboard).

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Yes, but not in that thread. :D Your post has been moved to its own thread. 

Works for me :D

1 hour ago, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum, @Atlessa.

As a fat old guitarist I'm not familiar with the track but the melody sure is uplifting - who is the original artist? 

Good work with the guitar parts, particularly the distorted part.  What gear did you use?

A little constructive criticism: It sounds to me like your guitar is not properly intonated (I hear it slightly out of tune in the lower registers but in tune higher up the fretboard).

I didn't think there was a single person roaming the internet who has managed to avoid this song... like, at all.  It's "let it go" from Disney's "Frozen". Everyone covered it at that time, and I'm no exception. :D

As for my gear, I still use my first guitar that I got for 75€ on ebay, some 10 years ago.  Only thing I can tell you is that it reads "cereer" near the tuning mechanics.  That (it's a generic, cheap guitar) MIGHT explain the poor intonation.  That, or I just didn't think to tune it to the backing track that day.

The distortion comes courtesy to a cute little Vox DA5. Certainly not the best amp in the world, but I love that little bugger.  It has a selector switch that lets me run it on 5, 1 or 0.5W... and can run on batteries, making it super portable. An absolute necessity for me.

All of that just jacked into my PCs AUX in port and recorded and edited in Audacity.

I'm such a professional!  xD

Edited by Atlessa
avoid doublepost

55 minutes ago, Atlessa said:

I didn't think there was a single person roaming the internet who has managed to avoid this song...

Probably the riff, not quite the whole song.

Pretty well !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.