Standalone mission editor/planner!

Hi! I've been working on a standalone mission editor (prebuilt windows download here) for KSP that uses the krpc mod to connect to KSP. I've been working on it on and off for a few months and just picked it back up for a university module so have made some decent progress recently.

I've thrown together a quick video showing some basics off and I'm hoping some of you lovely people will give it a go and throw some feedback my way - either here or on the issues page. Even better I'd welcome code contributions with new functionality!

Also, send me interesting missions and accompanying crafts that you've made - I'd love to try them out!

It's a pity there's no voiceover on the video to explain just what's going on... however, that being said...

By the looks of things, you've created what amounts to a simplified, point-and-click version of kOS - the "Kerbal Operating System".. in other words, a programmable automated flight controller.. would that be a fair summary?

If so, that's most interesting, and I look forward to playing around with it!

You might think about coming up with a better name for it though.. currently it calls to mind the idea of being able to make your own Career Mode missions, which is not really what your tool is about.

(Welcome to the forums, by the way.. that's one heck of a first post!)

Edit: I see that the actual project name is KSP_MissionControl. Ok.. That's not bad at all.. I was confused by your thread title.. sorry.

Edited by JAFO

It's a pity there's no voiceover on the video to explain just what's going on

A very fair criticism. I do want to make a 10 minute tutorial when I get a spare hour somewhere.

By the looks of things, you've created what amounts to a simplified, point-and-click version of kOS - the "Kerbal Operating System"

I think you've summarised it better than I did! Yeah, point and click version of kOS seems like a fair comparison, although mine is probably a little rougher around the edges!

(Welcome to the forums, by the way.. that's one heck of a first post!)

haha, thanks! I look forward to any feedback you might have :) - I hope you have fun with it!

4 hours ago, Developing_Developer said:

although mine is probably a little rougher around the edges!

Early days, my friend.. early days.. must say I very much like the concept.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.