FASA Chutes problem

KnedlikMCPE

1 minute ago, raidernick said:

I don't know why it says that. I didn't write that post. The version posted there is 100% stock and doesn't contain any RO configs. The RO configs for FASA are IN RO itself, so unless you have that, there's nothing to delete. Although if you downloaded RO why would you be deleting the configs in the first place, it's a confusing post that should probably be fixed I will try and contact frizzank to fix it.

Yea, I'm not using RO...I just downloaded 7.2.2, installed it in a stock game and capsules were dropping out of the sky way too fast. i made the tweaks above and capsules were dropping at right around 5 m/s - which is a safe landing speed.

3 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Yea, I'm not using RO...I just downloaded 7.2.2, installed it in a stock game and capsules were dropping out of the sky way too fast. i made the tweaks above and capsules were dropping at right around 5 m/s - which is a safe landing speed.

I'm not really sure why you'd be having that problem then. @Theysen and I both tested the parachutes when making that 7.2.2 release as the whole point of that release in the first place was to fix the chute problem with it not slowing down.

If it REALLY is an issue in a 100% stock game with just FASA, can you please post that config to the github as an issue and I'll look into it further. If I determine something needs to be fixed I might add it into the mod officially and make a new release.

Edited by raidernick

Just now, KnedlikMCPE said:

@raidernick @Tyko So guys, does that MM Config also functsions on Apple app Pages?

I specifically said "use a basic text editor". The basic text editor on Apple is called https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TextEdit . I looked that up for you...

Just now, raidernick said:

I'm not really sure why you'd be having that problem then. @Theysen and I both tested the parachutes when making that 7.2.2 release as the whole point of that release in the first place was to fix the chute problem with it not slowing down.

Hmm...I'll run another series of tests. Give me 30 mins

40 minutes ago, Tyko said:
41 minutes ago, raidernick said:

Hmm...I'll run another series of tests. Give me 30 mins

@raidernick I stand corrected. The 7.2.2 version is a lot better than whatever version I had. The Mercury capsule dropped at ~7m/s while the Gemini fell at just over 10m/s using a standard capsule build.

This is still faster than I'd like, 10m/s is some 22 miles an hour and Kerbals have skinny necks haha...That a minor nit though and I can easily tweak that myself.

Thanks for catching this!

Edited by Tyko

4 minutes ago, Tyko said:

stand corrected. The 7.2.2 version is a lot better than whatever version I had. The Mercury capsule dropped at ~7m/s while the Gemini fell at just over 10m/s using a standard capsule build.

@raidernick @Tyko Mercury 51 m/s Gemini 72 m/s and apollo 28 m/s, give me a while.

@raidernick @Tyko Guys, doesn't i need that reflection plugin?

Just now, Tyko said:

Try the latest 7.2.2 build. The parachutes work...as mentioned above.

Just give me a while

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Try the latest 7.2.2 build. The parachutes work...as mentioned above.

I have just Core, MH and FASA, and still crashing at these speeds

2 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Just give me a while

I have just Core, MH and FASA, and still crashing at these speeds

Fasa 7.2.2

34 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

@Tyko And config does not help

1) did you install Module Manager?

2) send me a screen shot of the contents of your GameData folder

3) I can't see a thing from those pix. They're in the dark and zoomed way out..I'm trying to look at the design of your descent module and see what parts are on there

Edited by Tyko

Just now, Tyko said:

1) did you install Module Manager?

2) I can't see a thing from those pix. They're in the dark and zoomed way out..I'm trying to look at the design of your descent module and see what parts are on there

1) i installed MM

2) Just capsule, in case of gemini RCS pack, in case of apollo heat shield, Parachute cover, in case of apollo docking port, and LES on launch. On landing theres no dock port, LES, and cover.

7 hours ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

Thanks!

You may want to do a clean install of KSP just for test purposes. Only include MM and FASA. Test the parachutes then and start layering in other mods until you see which breaks it.

Also, you didn't mention that you have RealChutes installed. This totally reworks how chutes function. Since you're having a problem with chutes not working as @raidernick intended, I'd start there.

For future reference, before I start asking forum members to help me solve a possible bug I reproduce the bug on a clean install that only includes Stock, the mod in question and any dependencies. If the problem still happens, then it's a bug. If it only happens when other mods are installed, then you need to figure out where the conflict is and let the modders know that you've found a conflict. All the modders (and me for that matter) are helping you for free. You'll get more helpful responses if you clearly test and define the problem.  :) 

Edited by Tyko

6 minutes ago, KnedlikMCPE said:

@Tyko I tested it on clean install (Squad, SquadExpansion, FASA 7.2.2) but i didnt get idea of that MM, maybe that reflection plugin?

download the latest version of MM. Install it in the GameData folder. Your GameData folder should look like this:

• [FOLDER] Squad
  • [FOLDER] SquadExpansion
  • [FOLDER] FASA
  • ModuleManager.dll   (i might have the name slightly off here, but the key is the MM lives in the GameData folder.)

1 minute ago, Tyko said:

download the latest version of MM. Install it in the GameData folder. Your GameData folder should look like this:

• [FOLDER] Squad
  • [FOLDER] SquadExpansion
  • [FOLDER] FASA
  • ModuleManager.dll   (i might have the name slightly off here, but the key is the MM lives in the GameData folder.)

Thanks, can i get link to that MM download please?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.