Tweak[Box]

Losing rover control on Duna <KSP - 1.4.1> <Solved>

Question

Posted (edited)

I've been trying to bring a polar surveying satellite and a scanning rover to Duna in one payload. It's all good until I decouple my satellite with 2 Communotron 88-88 and the rover with a HG-5, a Communotron 16, and a Communotron 16-S suddenly goes "limited probe control". Isn't the rover supposed to have relay connections to my satellite? Or am I still supposed to have direct Kerbal link?

Here are pictures of the satellite ,rover and the final stage: Album

EDIT: Thanks for reminding me that there's a difference in antennas.... :0.0::confused:

Edited by Tweak[Box]
Fixed album link

4 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, Tweak[Box] said:

I've been trying to bring a polar surveying satellite and a scanning rover to Duna in one payload. It's all good until I decouple my satellite with 2 Communotron 88-88 and the rover with a HG-5, a Communotron 16, and a Communotron 16-S suddenly goes "limited probe control". Isn't the rover supposed to have relay connections to my satellite? Or am I still supposed to have direct Kerbal link?

Here are pictures of the satellite ,rover and the final stage: Album

Your album link isn't working, but I think you've got things backwards. You need the relay antenna on the satellite so it can, you know, relay the comms from Kerbin to your rover. 

Alternatively, you can use a crewed satellite with two pilots (one for the vessel, one to remotely control the rover) and a command pod with 2 control points to do the same thing.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, GuyWithGlasses said:

Do you have any relay antenna in the sat? (The link doesn't work for me).

OMG <facepalm>...... That's what I forgot! Thanks man! Also fixed the link!

Edited by Tweak[Box]