Deploy Kerbal Chute in Seat

A command seat should be able to deploy a craft's parachutes without a mod under any circumstances.  They along with RCS are purely mechanical things which don't need power to function.

If you mean the EVA parachute, that's a mod and should be in modded questions.

Edited by Corona688

56 minutes ago, HB Stratos said:

Hi Corona688,

I mean the eva chute so you can glide.

It was originally in KSP Discussion until noobton moved it

oops I thought it was regular chutes... rereorganizing it to the modded questions.

10 minutes ago, Noobton said:

oops I thought it was regular chutes... rereorganizing it to the modded questions.

This isnt't a modded game question as the question is relevant if all you have is a bone stock game. 

The 1.4 version added personal parachutes, no mods needed ,  and so far ( as far as i know)  there's no way to trigger the chute while sitting in a cmd chair,  this is because technically the kerb is sitting in a pod  IVA when he uses the cmd seat.   

It's either a gameplay question or a question for the addon discussions , certainly doesn't belong in a  troubleshooting section for modded games.

8 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

This isnt't a modded game question as the question is relevant if all you have is a bone stock game. 

The 1.4 version added personal parachutes, no mods needed ,  and so far ( as far as i know)  there's no way to trigger the chute while sitting in a cmd chair,  this is because technically the kerb is sitting in a pod  IVA when he uses the cmd seat.   

It's either a gameplay question or a question for the addon discussions , certainly doesn't belong in a  troubleshooting section for modded games.

You are right, rerereorganizing it, shouldn't move stuff around before my morning coffee.

Looks like KSP 1.4.3 introduced the capability of opening the EVA chute while seated in a command chair.

=================================== v1.4.3 ============================================================

+++ Improvements

[...]

* Added ability to deploy parachute when kerbal is in command seat so that players can create paragliders.

7 hours ago, bewing said:

Yup. But it's a lifting surface, not a control surface. So you need to add a full set of control surfaces.

So, when used normally, i.e. goes EVA in atmosphere and left the vessel, the Kerbal is controlling the thing with weight shift?  Because it certainly seems there's considerable pitch and roll/yaw (coupled) authority when flying a parachuting Kerbal.  Weight shift would explain "Their Legs Move!!" video...

Edited by Zeiss Ikon

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.