It's wombats!!

Arugela

wombat-poo.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

I believe giant wombats once pooped magnificant giant piles of building materials we once used as buildings. When they died out, we had to learn to make our own damn buildings and the modern age began.

Discuss!

And before someone goes complaining. This is how science starts!! Has any every done a cross analysis of those substances? In what ways could it be effected over time? Could they for instant grow over time increaseing the presumed size of the wombat and it's poop. Let alone the size of the original structure and humans that used them?!

This in general gives a cool idea. Like some people say fossilization actually happens quicker than we think like with the mount St. Helens lumber. Is it possible to use it as a building method. Could you use an easy to mold substance and then put it through a process where it literally turns to stone?! That could be a lot easier than stone carving potentially.

Edited by Arugela

6 hours ago, Arugela said:

Could you use an easy to mold substance and then put it through a process where it literally turns to stone?!

You have concrete.

self-compacting-concrete.jpg

5 minutes ago, qzgy said:

My question is how wombats got the poop in that shape.

Many things have a really odd shapes of "poo".

16 hours ago, Arugela said:

I believe giant wombats once pooped magnificent giant piles of building materials we once used as buildings.

You mean Diprotodon.
18tFAzS.png

9 hours ago, qzgy said:

My question is how wombats got the poop in that shape. I mean, like 90% of biology is tubes and stuff right?

Wombat poo is cubic, not because the wombat has a square-shaped anus, but because it has a very long and slow digestive process, typically 14 to 18 days, which allows the digestive matter to become extremely dry and compacted. The wombat also has a very long digestive tract, allowing it to absorb the most nutrients and water from its food. The first part of their large intestine contains horizontal ridges that probably mould the poo into cubes, whereas the last part of the large intestine is relatively smooth, allowing the cubic shape to be maintained. The highly compacted nature of the poo means that the rectum is unable to contour the poo into the more usual tubular shape.

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/wildlife/2016/04/why-do-wombats-do-cube-shaped-poos

My question is how was this not fit for the science section... This is a blatant biology joked based thread. You would think they would want it there. This is the same tactic used all over the world to educate in science. But I guess it's not fit for their forum.... 8\

The, "science," fields are devouring their own now.

I still wonder about the artificial stone concept. I wonder how many methods there were in the past. Especially something more stone like or denser than concrete. It would be convenient if methods were known for a lot of constructions like this. And the farther back you go the more likely they are to have more advanced or convenient material knowledge. As the farther back you go the broader the knowledge generally is. Material knowledge stems from mass raw experience with materials which we naturally find more and more way to reduce in human society as time goes by. I wonder how many we use now. This is where you usually run into the funny part where people who are unfamiliar yell and scream you are stupid but anyone with a little knowledge knows it exists and is common but not commonly known. Even if it's part of what makes things in everyone's daily lives.

Either way, yay modern world! Or in this case ancient.

BTW, most real construction and other methods of building, let alone everything else, stem from observation in nature originally particularly when people deal with things around them more consistently as we used to in daily life. Poop in an animal, or person, is an example of material use. In this case of certain methods of compaction and then dehydration to some extent. It was at minimum the start of things like bricks and clay construction. People dealt with alot of poo in the past. Still do. The mass use of materials is literally then applied after it's known long enough. That is how things develop.

Something else I was reading before I posted this said the wombats poop was also used to literally make paper because it was so full of fiber.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/07/140729-dinosaur-coprolite-paleontology-dung-fossil-auction/

There have probably been, and probably still are, methods to speed up what is in essence fossilization to produce molds or casts. In fact you can be 100% sure that is where the idea came from in mondern, "science," to create that idea of fossilization people think of today.

Technically, all you would need are a good source of very fine grain or easily grindable individual resources.

Edited by Arugela

@Arugela It might interest you to know that concrete, by weight, is the second most common material used by mankind. The first is water.

And speaking of poop and buildings:

https://inhabitat.com/one-brick-two-bricks-lets-use-poo-bricks/

https://arch5541.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/sht-bricks-dont-be-so-fast-to-poo-pooh-it/

In the modern sense. I'm curious if they used any finer variations to produce real stone looking constructs. Like the concept they cast limestone for the pyramids. it coudl be convenient for various reasons as it could be shipped in lighter less dense methods potentially. Especially if the casting methods takes along time. It would be interesting to see massive stones cast to size and shape with all, "cuts," in them and then placed no site. I'm surprised they don't do that now. We know and likely in the past they knew what stones are made of. Why not just try to make them artificially. We could have much cheaper large stones for constructions. It could be fantastic for foundation work as it can be stronger in some ways than other methods. Not sure what the limits are for size and breakage and stuff though. A proper granite artificially made to any size without need to worry about cracks or other issues from finding natural deposits could knock the socks off new and old materials potentially.

That is outside of using something that can contract and expand to different sizes with replacement of denser materials. That would be convenient. And a really cool building method. Just have to get the time down it takes to do replace the original materials. replicating natural stone methods in nature would be cool. Some of it is crystallization and other things. Enough familiarity you could probably figure a way to speed it up with the collection or addition of additional materials. Naturally or otherwise. If it existed it would have been fantastic for both defense and not having to rebuild later. Unless someone started pulling rock out that is.

Edited by Arugela

If you had a wombat farm you could probably, "build up," the materials over time. 8) And make some nice money selling wombat stone bathroom tiles! ><

And internet is still dead and has been for decades. Can't find a picture of a wombat poop tile wall... 8\

Here is some wombat poo paper I guess:

https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/wombat-poo-paper-launched

wombat-poo-paper-launched.jpeg

wombat.JPG

I keep running into this also:

Wombat-Poop-Square-Plush-Flat-Bonnie-Poo

We're getting more specific in our poo shaped stuff toys.

Edited by Arugela

Oh yes, this indeed is my favorite picture of the day. Thank you!

wombat.JPG

Such a happy little fellow!

Well, I'm sure the history of various construction materials and methods is an interesting one; The whole Wombat poop thing surely is. But, what I want to know, is who the hell came up with the idea of Kopi Luwak! Talk about brave experimentation and trial and error. :confused:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.