Jeb's Spaceport Part 27: Rescue from the Mun

roboslacker

(Before part 14, this mission report was titled "Hill Space Program")

So, I decided to start a new science save. I'm playing mostly stock, with mechjeb and KAC. Well, enough of that stuff. Time for the mission report.

Spoiler

iwEIJmM.png

The first launch is pretty much the same as all first launches.

mgaJIZR.png

...and I forgot to check my staging,

by9O1QZ.png

The decision is made to bail out, for safety reasons. In other words, I hadn't yet gotten a chance to mess around with the new parachutes.

FiUGUbB.png

Jeb landed quite close to the A-1 Bunnyhop. Well, enough screwing around.

0XGOhIF.png

First off, I made a capsule.

RMvvze6.png

An then I stuck it on a rocket. Why 2 stages? Because 1 wasn't cool enough.

y1w7qLp.png

Stage 1 seperation was nominal.

zyzpgOS.png

As was stage 2.

pggVVkE.png

Jeb made it into space, did a quick EVA, and ran the experiments.

9tKCNTB.png

The parachutes deployed worryingly low, at only around 500m. I'll need to tweak the parachutes in future rockets.

V7vZhUU.png

Yup, that's some nice science.
8wxteo8.png

And that's all for today.

Edited by roboslacker
changing the title

Day 2 of the Hill Space Program, not yet in orbit, but getting there.

Spoiler

PxctJcY.png

Here's the first rocket of the day, the A-3 Trampoline.

pdBlwSN.png

Stage one seperation. The rocket could've used more control authority.

dLDJk7t.png

Stage two separation

hCyeNeA.png

Well, that's not right. 

zDPE2PJ.png

Looks like Jeb's not staying in space today. Time to recover and try again.

CL274gU.png

The A-4 has larger tanks, and uses Swivels instead of Reliants

PFTAoOq.png

Beginning the gravity turn.

2BP7z09.png

Stage 1 seperation

p1PIbIP.png

Stage 2 seperation

BYemxK4.png

And burning through the rest of stage 3 at the apoapsis.

BcJRJjq.png

Still not an orbit, but it's much closer.

MiPQyv3.png

This doesn't look right, not at all. It didn't affect recovery any though

s1JAiY8.png

Edited by roboslacker
wasn't ready

Part 3, being the third installment in the writings of Roboslacker.

Spoiler

cdGB0k8.png

First off, here's the A-5 Staythere, with the goal of getting into orbit. The launch went well, and the craft got into orbit just fine.

ssOEcZs.png

In fact, there was quite a bit of fuel left over. Mission control ordered Jeb to try to do a munar flyby, but there enough fuel left. But he did get some high orbit science.

vsXbLnh.png

It's a long way down.

F6DQjgY.png

Re-entry got a bit hot, but nothing broke. Stressful, but not as stressful as that time the capsule was pointing the wrong way on a munar return.

dw9dtiS.png

And what better time for an EVA that while drifting to the ground? The capsule landed in an unexplored biome, so Jeb re-ran the experiments. There was some trouble getting back in the capsule.

Ae5aljg.png

That's some nice science again. Time to shoot for the Mun!

tY3K1vL.png

Presenting the B-1 lunacy.

wmGxLMk.png

And then my computer crashed. What fun!

Edited by roboslacker

Part 4: Throwing stuff at the mun till something sticks.

Spoiler

So, after the first B-1 lunacy just exploded during launch, it was decided to do everything exactly the same during the next launch. And so the B-1 lunacy 2 was sent into space. Power margins were slim, so mission control ordered one battery bank to be locked down. And so it was that a space probe ran out of power with the batteries half full. Mission control learned a lot about probes from this.

L3XtI59.png

Fortunately, the fine folks at the VAB had another B-1 just lying around. It was christened the B-1 lunacy 3, and launched. This time, there was n fiddling around with the batteries. It got up there, and...

iZNYiVf.png

...ran out of power transmitting a temperature scan. R&D didn't even get the science. It was clear that a new, innovative design was needed. After 3 weeks of intensive labor (Well, it felt like 3 weeks -Bill) Bill & the other engineers had the perfect solution: The B-2 Morepower

IMmjKC0.png

This is the story of the B-2 Morepower. The B-2 is nothing like the B-1. It has 4 batteries!

T4npH14.png

The B-2's ascent is flawless, and no dissenting opinions will be tolerated.

c7vDX79.png cNWXjPF.png C6wSQ10.png DzbUtix.png

And then mission control left to have a beach party, and missed the periapsis. They still did the orbital insetion burn, and... oops.

1u9Bypq.png

Well, the B-4 can still run its experiments on the way down. (Uhm, what experiments? -Bill)

ej9138d.png

Dang.

Part 5: [Sigh] Finally

Spoiler

cNABjau.png

After what happened to the first B-2, it was clear that the probe needed a few teaks. Also, Bill strapped a few more rockets on, cause why not?

The launch was nominal, but that was never the problem. (Except for the first B-1. Mission control still has no clue what happened to that one)

ASHOWXP.png

d23TfTv.png

FVqsnq5.png

Mvu1KR1.png

And this time around, the insertion burn & the science transmition worked fine. (Bill, you can take the B-2 mk3 off the launchpad, we won't be needing it -Gene) (Aww -Bill)

FdpBKUm.png

But then we here at mission control realized we could de-orbit the B-2 Morepower mk2, and get more science on the way down. Here it goes.

QZwkFJA.png

XaL2q1k.png

Okay, got the science. Impact!

RSugGiy.png

Dang, no explosion. Well, it makes sense, as there was no propellant in the probe. Well, time for R&D to start number crunching the new data. And... oh dear. It would appear that the Society for the Ethical Treatment of Space Probes (SETSP) took offense at our crashing the B-2 into the mun. Time to barricade the doors!

Progress:

heEjekS.png

Part 6: Disappointment

Spoiler

The administrative staff of the KSC were all gathered together. Gene began the meeting. "Police have finally gotten all of the SETSP protesters out the space center. I want a damage report from all of you. Mortimer, you go first."

"Well, we still have infinite money, so no problems there. Also, the accounting department is no closer to finding out where all the money is coming from."

Walt spoke next. "One of the protesters opened the door to the basement of the admin building, and the kraken escaped. I recommend the purchase of a cardboard box & duct tape so this doesn't happen again."

It was Linus's turn. "The protesters broke into the R&D building and wrote a bunch of stuff on the chalkboards. I don't know what it was though, because one of the janitors erased all the boards before I could read them."

Now Gus spoke. "The protesters made off with all but one probe core."

"We only have one probe core?" asked/said Gene.

"Actually, we don't have any," responded Gus, "One of the workers made a bet with me that he could design a rocket."

"What?! This means we can't launch anymore rockets."

"It's worse than that," responded Gus. "I lost the bet."

Hzj1cWm.png

But the lack of probe cores really just meant moving up with manned exploration. In fact, Wherner had been planning a Minmus landing for some time now. A few days later, the B-3 Minmobile rolled out on the the launchpad. Jeb's face was very reminiscent of a kerblet as he fired up the SRB stack.

zhWBhII.png

The ascent was just as Jeb had come to expect from SRBs; loud, sudden, and a whole lot of fun.

30VzVfJ.png

XJkc9xG.png

Though even Jeb was a bit concerned during the later part of the ascent.

rx2wSf5.png

As planned, Jeb finished the ascent with the lander. Not an orbit later, Jeb burned for Minmus. During the week long transfer, Wherner began to worry about the fuel levels. The lander used up more fuel in the ascent than originally anticipated. When he voiced these concerned to Gene, the answer was short and to the point. "Call it off"

T1BOYIN.png

"Another day, Minmus." Thought Jeb as he collected the science.

Fu6vedj.png

Another week later, Jeb returned to Kerbin. There was something about being enveloped in a plasma trail that always made Jeb smile.

u7YFZZX.png

The B-3 may not have landed, but it still brought back plenty of science.

Progress:

qsnZgaI.png

Part 7: We'll go to Minmus or kill Jeb trying

Spoiler

Gene looked at Mortimer's plans for the B-5 Minmust. "Are you sure this will work? You just stuck a new booster on the lander."

"Yes. The real problem with the B-4 was that the ascent profile was too inefficient, and the lander had to finish the ascent."

"Okay. When can it launch?"

"Now."

bMbOyX7.png

I4t3d9M.png

ro4n91A.png

Once in orbit, Jeb began plotting a course to Minmus. The remainder of the booster stack was used to bring the B-5 Minmust closer to Minmus's orbital plane. It was still a few degrees off, but Wherner was confident it was enough.

QfdwVpO.png

6 days later, it was time to land. The event was more stressful than normal, as the PR department was busy trying to reach the H.

XzAXhfh.png

4SPonHj.png

"Control, the Minmust has landed." Jeb then did science, running the onboard expiriments, picking up rocks, writing down his thoughts, and of course, a taste test.

f2JwHRP.png

"Okay Jeb, time to come on back." radioed Gene.

"I'm not Jeb. My name is Rocketkerb!" came the response.

Gene radiod back with a "?" and sent somebody to pull Gus out of his chalk circle. Eventually, it was determined that this was just an effect of the low gravity.

Anyway, it time to return to kerbin.

3V6LM44.png

After a good 14 days floating in space, Rocketkerb began the aerobraking passes. There 5.

Dcx8SqT.png

Spoiler

l2qlc21.png

CXIDzDc.png

KRzYkLk.png

HsKMaVA.png

OX54EP4.png

Down in mission control, a kerbal stared a monitor. From what he was seeing, the heat shield had burned all the way through. After thinking a bit, he decided to ignore it and went to get snacks. A bit later, a differant kerbal stared at a moniter. From what he was seeing, the capsule hatch was open. "Uh, Je.. I mean Rocketkerb, is the hatch open?"

"Yes." replied Rocketkerb. "Rocketkerb away!"

sdmcOvs.png

"[Redacted], Jeb." muttered Gene. "Get a recovery crew there at one!" He said, not muttering.

ruu0anJ.png

Science was good. Jeb was fished out of the water close to the capsule, and is awaiting debriefing to figure out what the Rocketkerb thing was all about.

Progress:

dQYSzwF.png

Edited by roboslacker
Fixed image link

Interlude: Debriefing for the B-5 flight

Spoiler

Interrogator: Beginning debriefing for the B-5 spaceflight.

Jebediah: Why am I here? I wasn't on that mission.

Interrogator: You were.

Jebediah: No, I was on vacation. That was Rocketkerb

Interrogator: You were on the flight. All records agree on this.

Jebediah: That´s just a bureaucratic error.

Interrogator: You were recovered with the capsule.

Jebediah: But I wasn't in it?

Interrogator: Yes

Jebediah: I was just swimming.

Interrogator: In the middle of the ocean?

Jebediah: Yes. I like swimming in the middle of the ocean.

Interrogator: That will be enough, Jebediah

Due to erratic behavior exhibited in the B-5 spaceflight, and refusal to answer questions regarding the flight, Jebediah Kerman is declared unfit for spaceflight, and will be removed from the active roster.

Part 8: New Blood

Spoiler

Now that Jeb was gone, the Space Center had no kerbalnauts that had actually been to space. So, a training mission was in order.

p0Dsqjf.png

In collaberation with WWYT Innovators, the C-1 was designed to take 2 trainees suborbital. WWYT also provided a pilot to fly the thing.

UrrSvBY.png

"Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking," announecd Valentina, "I have lost control of the rocket and we're all going to die. But we might not. Switching to plane mode."

kZod9pk.png

wDwSREx.png

cywrdN4.png

6G3CSTO.png

"Another successful landing!"

Gene took advantage of Catfield's shock to sign her up for the mun landing. A few hours later Catfield was sitting in a B-4.

AvA1JHm.png

tGuRmkF.png

3fK6vHX.png

"We're making a change to the flight plan." radioed in mission Control. "We are going straight to the transfer burn."

"IQ6SKoQQ.png

9CpmY9j.png

Now there was nothing to do but wait. Catfield used this time to rename the B-4.

BOcWy3v.png

A day later, Catfield performed the braking burn and began the landing.

gzmGIQ0.png

M1v6rr8.png

gajezS2.png

There was much science at the landing of the B-4 Catfieldisthebest.

ukWvhvN.png

And then Catfield ran out of fuel on the way up.

p4DoKeB.png

Well, nothing for it but getting out and pushing. Catfield was able to stabilize her orbit, and transmitted back all the science. The plan now is to send up a rescue mission to get her back.

Progress:

N9H61oO.png

Edited by roboslacker

Part 9: Rescue Mission

This would've come earlier, but my laptop started having some major overheating problems. In the end, it just needed to be cleaned, but it took a few days to get canned air so... on with the story! Also, kudos to anyone who figures out what the B-5's name means.

Spoiler

The Space Program administration had gathered to discuss a rescue mission for Catfield, who was stranded during the second B-4 mission.

"So, Werner," Gene began, "Has the engineering team finished the rescue craft?

"Yes, the B-5 Redi has been designed. To save on construction time, we're using the same booster from the B-4."

Turning to Gus, Gene posed his second question. "When can we launch."

"Last I checked, they were just finishing the fairing."

"What fairing?" Asked Werner, as a rumble filled the air.

rp2HIXU.png

"[Redacted]" yelled Gene. "Get me to mission control at once. And find out who stole our rocket!"

"This looks like a job for Rocketkerb" radiod the thief to mission control.

x9j3jZj.png

"Stage 1 separation" called out a kerbal.

Gene grabbed the radio. "Where do you think you're going, Je..."

"It's Rocketkerb, and there's a kerbal in danger!"

"Stage 2 separation" called out the kerbal again.

"Stop transmitting tracking station data to the B-5" ordered Gene.

"Look, I know you don't trust me," radioed in Rocketkerb, "But I'm the only pilot who can perform the rendezvous."

"Okay" grunted Gene, "You can finish the mission. But this will never happen again."

srF447Z.png

And with Gene's reluctant approval, Rocketkerb made orbit and burned for the Mun.

ad8ghRz.png

A day later, Rocketkerb performed the Munar injection burn.

mpA0m8K.png

2 orbits after that, Rocketkerb completed the Rendezvous, and Catfield EVAd over

zWNNVBc.png

cz4HfDE.png

PSBBe8z.png

Getting inside, she had a start. "You're J..."

"Rocketkerb"

"Really?"

"Yes"

In silence, Rocketkerb plotted and executed a return to Kerbin.

yKsJ1lI.png

Both Kerbals were immensely relieved when the plasma trails cuing the end of a mission enveloped them. Catfield was just glad to be back, but Rocketkerb was also relieved that no-one at mission control realized the flight was more than a rescue mission.

shfwCOG.png

ZyR0qlu.png

A few hours later, the recovery crew came. Catfield received a hero's welcome, and Rocketkerb was tied up in the cargo hold.

• 2 weeks later...

Part 10: A sudden realization

Spoiler

After the debacle of the recent mun landing and rescue mission, Gene suspended the manned program. So, back to probes.er's

Osc2OVu.png

Werner quickly designed this double mun lander, and it was sent on up. There was concern about the not having a fairing, but there weren't any big enough.

uDswLyW.png

The launch was just as it should be.

Qc6dQbq.png

eWi8qwu.png

As mission control settled down for the wait, Gene slowly became aware of a deathly silence. He then noticed the mission control personnel's eyes were bulging out more than usual. "Why are you all staring like that?" He asked.

The controllers slowly turned to face him. After a while, on of them spoke. "Gene..."

By now Gene's aprehension had been replaced with immpatience, "Out with it already"

"There's... there's a class E asteroid on an impact course with Kerbin."

JfnxIXY.png

Gene looked at the readouts in silence. After a few moments, he gave his order. "Get Werner and Walt on this at once."

But there was still the mission to finish, and it went okay.

vuU9wQA.png

aOLtTwP.png

Bbjynvr.png

hxLrrY9.png

The first one crashed, breaking the engine and a few batteries.

9bLk8Fd.png

HxFFyM9.png

The second one crashed, breaking an antennae.

Unfortunately, both probes landed in the same biome, so I didn't get enough science to get new parts.

Part 11: End of the world

Spoiler

After the discovery of an E class impactor, the space program rushed production on a redirection mission.

HwFSoEt.png

With ISRU and huge fuel tanks still locked, the mission was doubtful from the start. But as kerbals are stubborn, and the future of kermanity was at stake, they tried anyway.

ofknQTJ.png

bH8jIgV.png

0nxwRS4.png

After getting into orbit, abut half of the remaining DV was spent matching inclinations with the asteroid.

0nxwRS4.png

BBImMZC.png

After that maneuver was taken care of, an encounter was plotted.

r4OFGmg.png

nI9mGU2.png

After affixing itself to the asteroid, there were only 7 m/s of DV. These were burned off in a futile attempt to raise the periapsis, but it was known that there was nothing that could be done. Walt Kerman, never having done any PR work before, broke the news to the general population rather insensitively. 'Mission failed, we're all gonna die. LOL'

Day of impact

In the day and a half between Walt breaking the news and the impact, panic reigned. Hundreds of manned rockets were launched in an attempt to escape the end, but only a handful made orbit. Looting was omnipresent, and commerce died overnight. The only thing to benefit was religion, as everyone tried to come to terms with their impending demise. Others took the easy way out...

At the apointed hour, thousands looked up and saw the plasma trail of the asteroid.

5vFGta7.png

The asteroid impacted in an ocean, devastating coastal regions. While this was a disaster, it was a far cry from the end of the world. The panic over the impact did more damage than the impact did, and most blamed the space program for it. After order had been resumed, an investigation was launched to determine if the space program could be prosecuted for criminal negligence.

Bigger fish were soon found, however, as it was found that Gene and Walter Kerman were complicit in a major counterfeiting operation. After a criminal trial, the space program was closed for good, and program assets were sold to private companies.

The Hill Space Program was dead.

19 hours ago, SiriusRocketry said:

Dying to hear why this happened IRL?

Well, the reality is that I'd written myself into a corner with the whole Rocketkerb thing and it's impact on the rest of the story... and then I noticed the impactor, which put me into a deeper corner.. and then I realized that I could use the asteroid to end the ongoing plot.

And actually, I still plan to continue this mission report.

Spoiler

The current plan is essentially to just replace Gene and Gus, and toss Jeb in the loony bin. The long version of the plan is for a commercial space company to acquire the majority of the program assets, and eventually become subsidized by the government.

Edited by roboslacker
oops, misspelled a word

3 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Moar plz?

Moar you shall have. This chapter takes place before the Impact

Part 12: A step back

Spoiler

Jebediah Kerman Senior, proprietor of Jeb's Junkyard corporation stared at the newspaper in silence. So, the space program was predicting the end of the world. He snorted in disbelief. There'd been impacts before, yet here they were. Plus, he'd seen the space program's operations, and they were very much the type to make mistakes. After all, what competent person would reply to the question, "Are we doomed?" with "Probably." Gus might as well be trying to create a panic...

He had a thought. Yup, he could definitely profit off this fiasco. 3 days later, a rocket was sitting in one of his junkyards. It had been much easier to build than one might expect, as he'd previously conned the space program into subcontracting all of their disposal operations to his company. As a result, they just had to refurbish some old stages.

Just as Jebediah Sr had predicted, there was a plethora of kerbals looking for a way off the planet. All he had to do was pick up the money they threw at him for a chance to get on his rocket. Well, that and have a rocket. And find someone willing to fly the thing. But, he'd done it, and rocket lifted off.

IYAxPu7.png

Claurey Kerman had never flown a rocket before. She blanked out under the stress when the rocket launched, but came to when Jebediah Sr began screaming at her through the radio to jettison the side boosters. Once that was over, she began to relax a little, glanced out the window, and screamed. "The parachute's come loose!"

"Then cut it already." Ordered Jebediah Sr. Trembling, Claurey flipped the relevant switch.

pGoU2L6.png

Half a minute later, Claurey began screaming again. "The rocket's falling!"

jIHZx1J.png

Jebediah Sr was not amused. "Shut up and stage the rocket."

FhdfNKW.png

The second stage had been hard to construct, as most second stages had been irreparably damaged on impact. Fortunatly, they'd been able to find some old fleas from the early days of the program. Some of them even had fuel in them... Such thoughts occupied Jebediah Sr's mind as he tried to distract himself from the Claurey's screaming. When the end of Claurey's screaming signaled engine burnout, he took a look at the tracking data. The rocket was on course for orbit. After a minute he gave Claurey the signal to fire the next stage.

QrdOHGD.png

He panicked a bit when he saw that the rocket wouldn't make orbit, but this quickly subsided, as Jebediah Sr wasn't the type to panic. Well, he thought to himself, the passengers never signed any contract. "Claurey, you'll be re-entering sooner than planned".

JSeOqsQ.png

QQLbjXP.png

kuoosTc.png

The next round of screaming worried Jebediah Sr a bit. Hopefully the unopened parachute was just stuck or something...

9xDKMlP.png

And the flight was back to normal.

ohKBL8L.png

For the first time, Jebediah Sr realized that he needed to recover the capsule. Well, he did own a boat...

Half a day later, the passengers were recovered. They were infuriated, or course, but Jebediah Sr was ready, and had made sure to accidentally misplace all the money. With the court system out of order due to the chaos, there was nothing they could do, and Jebediah Kerman Senior made off with quite the pretty penny.

Well, I'll be sticking with the stock system for the time being

Part 13: The Next Step

Spoiler

A week after the impact, business had resumed. The Jeb's Junkyard company had come out mostly unscathed, and business was projected to increase for the time being...

Jebediah's contemplation was interrupted when a kerbal barged into his office. He looked familiar, but who was he? Ah, yes, he was on of the passengers on that rocket Jebediah had launched. Wait, he was speaking. "Jebediah, you sneak," began the kerbal, "I've got you."

Taking a guess, Jebediah replied, "Refunds are not available. Oh, and who are you?"

"I'm Gilcan Kerman, CEO of the Space Cream Company, and I'm not asking for a refund. You will give me all the money you made off that little scam of yours."

"Why should I do that, Gilcan? The entire thing was off the books, you can't touch me."

Gilcan smirked, "It is because the venture was off the books that I can get you. Did you know that passenger airline companies must receive government certification?"

Jebediah failed to see the point, and he said so. "I fail to see the point, Gilcan, which is why I'm saying saying so."

"The fact is, that spaceflight fit the legal definition of a commercial airliner flight. We can either settle this out of court, with you giving me the money, or we can settle this in court, which will end up far worse for you."

"Ridiculous. If you could do that you would've already done so. Now get out of my office so I can get back to work."

Gilcan left looking unperturbed. As soon as Jebediah was sure he was out of earshot, he grabbed his desk phone. "Hey Tedhat, can a spacecraft be considered a passenger aircraft?"

Tedhat the lawyer thought a bit, and then replied, "I suppose so, if there were paying passengers aboard. Why does it matter?"

"Well, I may soon be in some legal trouble. Can I get a consultation?"

A few hours later, Tedhat was in Jebediah's office. Tedhat began. "So, one of the victims of your scam is threatening legal action?"

"I suppose you could put it that way." While he didn't show it, Jebediah was hurt by the way Tedhat decided put it.

"Well, you'll loose the battle."

"Isn't there anything I can do?" responded Jebediah. He now regretted not taking Gilcan's offer.

"Legally? No. Illegally? Not really. The government records these things extensively, and a glance at the records would be enough to secure your conviction."

Jebediah let that sink in. But then Jebediah had a flash of inspiration. "Wait a minute, there was a courthouse in a nearby city that burned down during the riots. If we were to forge the permit... and say that the records were kept in that courthouse... that would work."

Tedhat stared with the same dead look. "No, it wouldn't. It's plausible, but far too suspicious. A junkyard, which shows no signs of being anything but a junkyard, gets a permit to run passenger flights just so it can launch a single rocket, and all the records of this permit just so happen to have been destroyed in a fire. This won't slide in the courts." Tedhat began to leave the room, but then paused. "You'll get my bill in the mail tomorrow."

Realizing he was doomed, Jebediah Senior shut down. He came to two hours later, to the ringing of his phone. He picked up, and heard Tedhat on the other end. "I've thought about it some more, and there is one way you can get off the hook."

Jebediah was relieved, and would've leaped for joy if he was the type to do so. "What is it?"

"You'd need to convince the jury that your spaceflight company actually exists. And that means launching more rockets."

"What should I launch?" Jebediah then realized that this wasn't a good question to ask, as he could hear the annoyance in Tedhat's exasperated sigh.

After a while, Tedhat resonded"The government is considering investing in a satellite network. Launch a relay satellite." Tedhat then hung up.

A few days later, another rocket lifted out of the junkyard.

d3LFiUT.png

The ascent was fast an inefficient.

ttr2owd.png

XJoDj8y.png

VWpJZd1.png

Fortunately, the upper stages had delta-V to spare

4VXXp1F.png

lVEUATI.png

The satellite was inserted into a 120x160km orbit. It was suboptimal, but passable. On cue, the satellite began broadcating an add for Jeb's Spaceport.

Also, I'm thinking of renaming this thread to "Jeb's Spaceport"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.