dictionary.cfg missing

First screen

Second

After running:

KSPx64-Patch-1.3.0-To-1.3.1-1891.exe

and

KSPx64-Patch-1.3.1-To-1.4.2.exe

This is present each time I run the game. I believe, the odd text is intended to be an advertisement for the new paid expansion. The game runs fine, otherwise.

There is also similarly replaced text elsewhere in the game, such as the names of the new and replaced parts.

edit: I'm doing some research and finding references to a dictionary.cfg file, which is absent from my game folder. I'm starting to think, that the updater was missing this file, or failed to unpack it. Probably the 1.3.0 to 1.3.1. If someone could give me the 1.4.2 dictionary.cfg, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Aru

Little stuff like this is why I avoid updaters.

Why not install 1.4.2 fresh from its full install file, and forget the updater?  You can either install it to its own location, or just copy your saves folder somewhere safe beforehand.

Or, better yet, just wait until 1.4.3 is available.

Thank you for your answer. I shall wait for 1.4.3, then, as it is day 7 since it was announced to be released within the next week. I can hold out for another day and deal with a few text placeholders.

edit: Or not! It's been two weeks now. Misleading dev post. Post on update 1.4.3

Edited by Aru

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.