Model rocketry

AviatorBoi

Yikes...KSP is an awesome simulation game. I'm not sure I'd trust it to give accurate modeling of actual model rocket launches. Everything from aerodynamics to engine thrust are balanced for game play, not to simulate real life.

That all said, I'd be really interested in hearing how accurate you can get the modeling. I'm assuming you're going to customize all your parts to match IRL specs?

I suppose you could use TweakScale to make the parts the size of model rockets, unless you're building 1:1 replicas. Good old fashioned config editing can get you the thrust of a model rocket motor, and realism overhaul can get you your aerodynamics and realistically sized earth. Thats what I would go with.

I have it on my old laptop, not this one, but there is an open source model rocket simulator out there.  It is just graphs and math, but imagine building your KSP rocket completely in a spread sheet, with each part's dimensions and mass accounted for, and then adding a commercially available model rocket motor.   It will simulate the flight trajectories for you. 

Here it is:  http://openrocket.info/

I've played with it a bunch, and it's pretty neat, will fit your needs far greater than KSP will. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.