Did they mess up the kerbodyne fuel tanks?

Is my game bugged? What happened to kerbodyne fuel tanks? They don't seem to fit into anything anymore, I don't recall having this problem with older versions of the game. [snip] this is very upsetting to me.

Even the biggest engine in the game is too small for kerbodyne fuel tanks right now.

I'm so triggered right now that I went out of my way to creat a forum account just to report this.

1.png

On 4/19/2018 at 9:25 PM, Eraldo03 said:

Is my game bugged? What happened to kerbodyne fuel tanks? They don't seem to fit into anything anymore, I don't recall having this problem with older versions of the game. I don't want to sound like I have autism, but this is very upsetting to me.

Even the biggest engine in the game is too small for kerbodyne fuel tanks right now.

I'm so triggered right now that I went out of my way to creat a forum account just to report this.

1.png

[snip]

Those are 5-meter tanks from Making History. Unfortunately they are skinned identically with the old 3.5-meter tanks so it is tricky to figure out which are which, except by trial and error.

[snip]

In any case, as other users said, those are the new tank sizes... for the largest size, you won't find a proper engine that fits it, but you actually have to use a "cluster adapter" that looks like the bottom of the Saturn V rocket:

qhNRBNI.jpg

Using that adapter, you can add up to five engines of your choice.

1 hour ago, Thiagobs said:

for the largest size, you won't find a proper engine that fits it, but you actually have to use a "cluster adapter" that looks like the bottom of the Saturn V rocket

For the 5m tanks, that's one option.  Another option is to put a 5m thrust plate on the bottom of the rocket-- that allows choosing a variety of engine cluster configurations.

To the OP, @Eraldo03:  yeah, that's a case of simple confusion.  The 3.75m Kerbodyne tanks haven't changed at all.  You've just accidentally put a 5m tank into your rocket instead of a 3.75m one.  They look pretty similar in the parts list, so it's easy to mix them up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.