disappearing landing struts

Well this is  a new one on me. Just got to the mun, touched down and the struts vanished! They were LT-05 struts, and the craft had been designed prior to the infamous upgrade.

Now strangely enough, as the craft touched down, the thing sank in the ground, the struts vanished but the craft continued to wobble. Didn't fall over or explode and in fact took off again - still no struts though.

Any ideas?

Keith

46 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Welcome to 1.4.2?

Aha. I see. I do have some other issues - flickering screens in Admin & the map, but they dont affect the actual game. This one has. I guess it is the old 'cheat menu' again.

Shame as I do like the game, but it seems to have taken a backward step.

3 hours ago, Silverwood said:

Aha. I see. I do have some other issues - flickering screens in Admin & the map, but they dont affect the actual game. This one has. I guess it is the old 'cheat menu' again.

Shame as I do like the game, but it seems to have taken a backward step.

Well I have retried this a few times and the same thing happens. Each time you land, the struts vanish.

Anyone else had this?

Ok anyone out there able to help? I have tried  a few things here - new landing site on the Mun - same thing, a new ship with the same landing struts, same thing again. So I tried the same ship on the launch pad - just the lander and sure enough the struts vanished once the physics easing had finished. I have replaced the struts with both LT1 & LT2 and they work fine. SO it seems ti be just the LT05, but they worked ok before this new upgrade.

15 hours ago, Silverwood said:

Ok anyone out there able to help?

It's a known bug in 1.4.2.  If you read one of a dozen other threads on the front pages of the forums, you'll see you're not alone.  Assuming it's the same bug, they've been reported to explode, rather than vanish.

Once you decouple your lander from the delivery vehicle, transfer over to another vehicle, and then back, or go to KSC and back.  That has been reported to solve the issue.

Edited by Gargamel

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

It's a known bug in 1.4.2.  If you read one of a dozen other threads on the front pages of the forums, you'll see you're not alone.  Assuming it's the same bug, they've been reported to explode, rather than vanish.

Once you decouple your lander from the delivery vehicle, transfer over to another vehicle, and then back, or go to KSC and back.  That has been reported to solve the issue.

Yes they explode on landing or vanish when I tried the lander at the KSP site.

I will try your suggestions then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.