KSP Weekly: The Lunar Greenhouse

SQUAD

Im officially at the point where I can confidently say Im not doing business with squad again. First they screwed up the console port with FTE. Then they screwed up Again with Blitworks. Now they’re not even acknowledging we console users exist. This is why the console player base has such a negative response to everything. Because rather than Squad learning from their mistakes, they continue to make more. (Yes Im referring to PR issues of all things, it still matters to us as consumers.) 

19 hours ago, passinglurker said:

Its an unfortunate rule of thumb that if the art assets doesn't look good then chances are the associated underpinnings and features are also rotten and low effort. I doubt we'll see modders trying to hook into the stock mobil launchpad system for this reason.

A shining example of this is the new 2.5m tanks. They look like krap on the surface but when you dig deeper... they get crappier, inconsistent textile density, out of control tricounts, and worse even poorer ram efficiency the texture sheets are actually bigger yet just as efficiently mapped as before its like they gave an intern the kerbodyne tanks and told him "just copy what this guy did then make a second set in a different color". Beauty might only be skin deep but ugly soaks through to the core...

It's one of the truths of life.  If the simple things aren't done correctly, what's it say about the hard things?  One of my pet peeves in games is inconsistent scale.  If you're  designing a door in life or in a game, and the first thing you do isn't consider the size of the thing using that door... 

If you're not paying attention to the the simple things I can see, whats it say about the hard things I can't see?

This new airfield is barely better than the void that is Woomerang.  I appreciate having a new airfield and launchpad, and I appreciate that you've added a few bits a pieces to it for immersion.   Take a look at the two photos below.  Which would you rather pay $15 for?  You've got to do better than free mods if you want people to buy your expansions.

No:

RIWxFHU.png

Yes:

BUK9bYG.png

Because I've been playing this game since the Alpha days, whenever new releases come out laden with bugs and new-old problems, I always take it with a grain of salt, because this game is a low-budget beta, right? Wait. 1.0 came out in 2015? And they're owned by Take 2 now?

That being said, KSP is probably my favorite game. It has soo much potential to be absolutely amazing, so it's a little disappointing that it still feels like a low-budget beta.

I don't know how far in the process of integration is that desert runway but I wouldn't mind it being expanded a bit (two runways crossed) and lowered to the ground level.

Saying that, more launch sites around Kerbin is always good.

I'm not a console player myself, but every time I read a "no news about console version?" I feel sad.

You console players are like Harry Potter from all of the 'Wrong Boy Who Lived' fanfiction stories. Squad are like Harry's parents that remember about him once every few years, throw a sweater or something at him, only to forget everything 2 seconds later. Except that Harry ends up being victorious in those stories; with Squad, it doesn't seem you guys are ever going to win.

20 hours ago, Iamsodarncool said:

It would be cool if you could purchase water launch/landing pads in career mode. Maybe 1 million kerbucks to place one, anywhere on water that you want.

I really like this idea. It would be great if it applied to land bases as well. I think some players could do some really creative things with customly placed launch sites or runways. 

I'm on console so I doubt I'll get to use the extra launchpads. But I think it would be cool if we could put launchpads on other bodies other than kerbin.

But make it so you need to deliver/land a certain amount of materials and fuel within a 100m radius and have 2x engineers and a scientist landed then have an option once all parameters have been met ,to build it through the the tracking station. And it takes a certain amount of time to construct. 

I also think it should have limited launches before it need refilled/ ressupplied. Ie maybe around 10x launches. 

Or something along those lines.

@Squad @Take Two @Biltworks

OK [snip] enough is enough.

3 weeks and not a [snip] console update?

[snip]

We've asked nicely,  no response

We've asked firmly, no response

We've sat in the back of the room quietly asking for a little recognition and an explanation for your lack of transparency regarding the console version.

and have been told by fanbois that we were out of line, no response from you developers. 

the game is still not working correctly...  and year two is fast approaching. 

it's obvious your neglect is deliberate,  you got our money, HA HA HA,  joke is on us! etc. 

I'm not going to be polite about this any more.

your mods can remove this post, and ban me if they wish (and probably will) 

but if you are going to treat us like crap, I reserve the right to do the same in return.  

Edited by Vanamonde
Mind the language, please.

@Farm Buyer  They haven't forgotten you.  From the weekly today...

"In other news, our friends at Blitworks are also hard at work on an upcoming patch for KSP Enhanced Edition. We will be revealing more information about this patch in the coming weeks, stay tuned."

10 hours ago, Skystorm said:

@Farm Buyer  They haven't forgotten you.  From the weekly today...

"In other news, our friends at Blitworks are also hard at work on an upcoming patch for KSP Enhanced Edition. We will be revealing more information about this patch in the coming weeks, stay tuned."

"Coming Weeks" huh? So in layman's terms, we're gonna have to wait another month or three to see it? Hmm... PC has seen a new expansion, and two patches in the time it's taken to get another patch on console. 

Well, I can legitimately say that KSP will continue to be shelved in the coming months in favor of Elite: Dangerous. I wonder if I can reach the rank of Rear Admiral with the Federal Navy and buy the Federal Corvette before the new patch is out...

Edited by LegendaryAce

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.