Is it possible to revert to a quicksave with a new ship?

I was going to the Mun and I had actually made it. Here is a screenshot if you want to see what happened.

https://imgur.com/a/cZnzVoX

My engine broke. I made a new and improved ship that should work. But I don't want to go through that same complicated process to get there again. I had quicksaved right before I landed so i want to go to that quicksave with my new rocket.

Is it possible to load a quicksave with a new rocket?

Edited by MeepTicoMeep

No.  When you load a quicksave, the entire game (except the "library" of vessel designs) is reset to the state it was in when you hit F5.

OTOH, that means that if you load your quicksave, made just before you landed, your engine won't be broken; you'll get another chance (or as many chances as you need) to land without that (presumed) error.

5 hours ago, MeepTicoMeep said:

Ok but the problem is that the landing gear are too high so the engine will break again.

Thank you anyway for clearing that up.

As long as you land gently you can land on your engine bell without breaking it. The lander will sit a little wobbly but it should be usable.

And "gently" basically means below about 5 m/s. It's a skill you need to learn anyway -- landing gently. So as Zeiss said, load up that quicksave as many times as you need and practice landing gently.

Edited by bewing

It doesn't matter if your landing gear is too high, as long as you keep your landing speed low enough (preferrably below the engine's crash tolerance), you can land the ship safely, sitting on the engine itself. I've landed countless times using the engine as landing legs (mostly when I'm landing SSTOs on other planets)

10 hours ago, MeepTicoMeep said:

But I don't want to go through that same complicated process to get there again.

While it may seem difficult now, Mun landings need to become routine for you.  It is excellent training for other missions, and if you create a regular route that includes landing on the Mun, you can really rake in the rep and cash with tourist contracts. 

That's how I do all my science grinding on the Mun or Minmus.  I take a bunch of tourists to pay for the trip and then some, and I land at a different location each time, getting new biomes out of the way. 

Forgot to put ladder and now struggling to use EVA.  :(

(EDIT again) I time warped too much and crashed Jeb into Kerbin. :(

(edit again) Retried and Jeb blew up in the atmosphere. I have it to that he will reappear because i cant kill Jeb. But I added a heat shield.

Edited by MeepTicoMeep
failure

10 hours ago, MeepTicoMeep said:

(EDIT again) I time warped too much and crashed Jeb into Kerbin. :(

If you aren't opposed to using mods, try Kerbal Alarm clock.  You can set an alarm to a few minutes before you hit Periapsis, and you won't over clock your time warp again.  :)

9 hours ago, Gargamel said:

If you aren't opposed to using mods, try Kerbal Alarm clock.  You can set an alarm to a few minutes before you hit Periapsis, and you won't over clock your time warp again.  :)

I'll just be careful next time.

Thank you everyone I wouldn't be able to make it to the Mun without your help! :)

Now time to figure out how to rendezvous.

Edited by MeepTicoMeep

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.