[WIP] Neist Airliner parts

neistridlar

22 hours ago, Jett_thicc said:

I'm currently learning to code with c+.

I will try to either create a standalone engine mod with all the jet engines suggested in this thread, or send the part files to @neistridlar.

Great work though, neistridlar!

Feel free to use any of my models, and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I downloaded this mod because its simply awesome.

But, I think I encountered a bug or something

See, all the TCS tail parts dont connect, if you take a fuselage and try to put a tail of its size, you hold alt to properly place it, and surprise!, it doesnt snap, radial nor with the attachament node.

Running KSP 1.10

On 7/26/2020 at 12:28 AM, Commodoregamer118 said:

See, all the TCS tail parts dont connect, if you take a fuselage and try to put a tail of its size, you hold alt to properly place it, and surprise!, it doesnt snap, radial nor with the attachament node.

Interesting. I have yet to try out 1.10. Just to rule things out, have you tried it on a clean install? Has anyone else seen this issue (or not seen it)?

I can't promise I will look at it soon, but I will probably get around to it eventually.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Monniasza said:

@neistridlar Do you want to have this mod on CKAN?

If someone want to put it on CKAN and manage it without my involvement, I'm not oposed to that*. But I'm not interested in investing any of my own time to make it happen. :)

*in fact I don't think I can deny any one making a "CKAN edition" of NAP, and posting puting it on CKAN, given the licensing I'm using.

1 hour ago, neistridlar said:

Thanks to @Commodore_32 for reporting bugged TCS nodes. It turned out they were simply backwards. New release is now available on Github. Also thanks to @Lisias which cleaned up the configs and bulkheads a bit.

Ah, so it was that! I was going crazy on TweakScale Beta, because it also has some glitches on handling nodes and I was thinking this was one of them!!! :D (it's pretty hard to hunt a bug that doesn's exists!! :sticktongue:)

Thanks @Commodore_32 for solving that for us (me and @neistridlar). :)

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 7:34 PM, Stephen Locksley said:

Is Realism Overhaul and RSS support possible? If not, why?

Hey! KerbMario, the current maintainer here. 

RO/RSS support should be possible in theory. 

But then there is SimpleFuelSwitch. It switches tanks from LF to LF/O. I'd need to implement some RO stuff for supporting these fuel tanks with the RO system. 

On 1/6/2023 at 5:09 PM, kerbmario said:

Hey! KerbMario, the current maintainer here. 

RO/RSS support should be possible in theory. 

But then there is SimpleFuelSwitch. It switches tanks from LF to LF/O. I'd need to implement some RO stuff for supporting these fuel tanks with the RO system. 

Hey does NeistAir support FAR?

6 hours ago, DA299 said:

Hey does NeistAir support FAR?

I haven't added that yet. That'll be included in the next update.

5 hours ago, DA299 said:

I installed this mod, and none of the parts except curvy tail 18-06 show up.

Have you installed B9PartSwitch? Do you have KSP 1.12.x or any previous version?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, eaddaeada said:

is there a version for 1.3.1?

I don't have 1.3.1 and I think that'd be too old for it to work properly, like 1.9 should be okay but maybe download an old version from the original neistair download pages

22 hours ago, eaddaeada said:

is there a version for 1.3.1?

I tried the latest from neistridlar (P6) on my 1.3.1 test bed, and it appears to work - but with issues:

• NeistAir/Parts/Structural/CurvyTail/CurvyTail
  • NeistAir/Parts/Utility/PassengerCabins/collider

On a quick test run, the parts works - but the Cabins are missing the IVA.

Then I tried the latest from kerbmario (P9.1A), and it worked… And it worked too (for the most parts, at least).

I tested one of the engines, and it worked - with sound, and reverse. But the CF96 have the nacelle screwed. The P6 release had it right.

I think P6 is the best for you, as the engines are fine - but things may get better on the P9 series as the bugs are fixed.

7 hours ago, Lisias said:

I tried the latest from neistridlar (P6) on my 1.3.1 test bed, and it appears to work - but with issues:

• NeistAir/Parts/Structural/CurvyTail/CurvyTail
  • NeistAir/Parts/Utility/PassengerCabins/collider

On a quick test run, the parts works - but the Cabins are missing the IVA.

Then I tried the latest from kerbmario (P9.1A), and it worked… And it worked too (for the most parts, at least).

I tested one of the engines, and it worked - with sound, and reverse. But the CF96 have the nacelle screwed. The P6 release had it right.

I think P6 is the best for you, as the engines are fine - but things may get better on the P9 series as the bugs are fixed.

I actually didn't think like even some parts would work for 1.3.1, interesting info, today I'm testing with 1.6/1.7/1.8

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.