[WIP] Neist Airliner parts

neistridlar

New engine in the works. It is 1.875m and based on the CF6-80. Pylon is also in the works, by not quite happy with it yet. I am contemplating making a wheesley style variant of this as well, that is chop off the intake, and make it into two parts to enable building planes like the L-1011, and also just to extend it like on the DC-10/MD-11. 

gUV9tsZ.png

The only thing I have for my wish list for this mod is Tweakscale support.....but if I don't get that I'll live just fine.

I found that some of the tailfairings would work great if they had the same part (contours and shape), but shrunk down to match each other.

But I can make copies of the parts in the .cfg files, rescale them and alter weights if I really panic about it.

That's it. I have no beyotches with the work so far. Looks great!

Edited by GDJ

2 minutes ago, GDJ said:

found that some of the tailfairings would work great if they had the same part (contours and shape), but shrunk down to match each other.

Not entirely sure what you mean here? Did you try it in 1.4? The TCS parts have several variants so that you can build several different smooth tail shapes by combining them. 

35 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

Not entirely sure what you mean here? Did you try it in 1.4? The TCS parts have several variants so that you can build several different smooth tail shapes by combining them. 

1.4.4 actually. Yep see the variants but nothing to alter size.

31 minutes ago, GDJ said:

1.4.4 actually. Yep see the variants but nothing to alter size.

OK. It is correct that you can not change the size, you should be able to piece together a variety of shapes and sizes by combining them. If you have any specific excamples of what you are missing, maybe I can do something about it. These parts are fairly easy to make. Anyways, someone else said they might do a tweakscale patch for this as well.

4 hours ago, GDJ said:

The only thing I have for my wish list for this mod is Tweakscale support.....but if I don't get that I'll live just fine.

I found that some of the tailfairings would work great if they had the same part (contours and shape), but shrunk down to match each other.

But I can make copies of the parts in the .cfg files, rescale them and alter weights if I really panic about it.

That's it. I have no beyotches with the work so far. Looks great!

3 hours ago, neistridlar said:

OK. It is correct that you can not change the size, you should be able to piece together a variety of shapes and sizes by combining them. If you have any specific excamples of what you are missing, maybe I can do something about it. These parts are fairly easy to make. Anyways, someone else said they might do a tweakscale patch for this as well.

I actually did do one but just never posted it. I'll get on that though tonight!

@neistridlar here is the link to the tweakscale patch. If you could just tag me whenever you have a new release and let me know what the new parts are I will keep this up to date for everyone! Also if you could list this on the OP similar to what Airplanes Plus has done it would help people find it easily. Thanks in advance!

@GDJ because you asked for tweakscale support, here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g45l0djvbmypl3e/AABZ033reYyTd_6xV17txTR3a?dl=0

12 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

@neistridlar here is the link to the tweakscale patch. If you could just tag me whenever you have a new release and let me know what the new parts are I will keep this up to date for everyone! Also if you could list this on the OP similar to what Airplanes Plus has done it would help people find it easily. Thanks in advance!

@GDJ because you asked for tweakscale support, here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g45l0djvbmypl3e/AABZ033reYyTd_6xV17txTR3a?dl=0

Thank you very much! Keep up the great work, and from I've seen the work is excellent!

3 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

Does anyone use this mod with 1.3? I've read you need 1.4 for nosecones etc but can i use the mod if i remove them?

Works for 1.3. If you want I can post a version with nose cones and tailcones that don't use variants. Note that craft files will be incompatible with the 1.4 version though.

28 minutes ago, neistridlar said:

Works for 1.3. If you want I can post a version with nose cones and tailcones that don't use variants. Note that craft files will be incompatible with the 1.4 version though.

I'd be very appreciated! I found your mod today and i must say it made me very excited till i've seen incompability word :)

btw @blackheart612 has several parts in his ap+ that can use variants, how does he do it? maybe there's a way to do it in older versions too.

Edited by qromodynmc

@qromodynmc blackheart uses firespitter for the mesh switching and custom sounds. There are a few other alternatives as well, like B9 part switcher. I have decided against it for now, since I would like to have as few dependencies as possible (0 dependencies a.t.m.) and since the feedback I got here in the thread was to use the stock one. I am contemplating switching to one of the others though, because of backwards compatibility, and the rather limited abilities of the stock one currently. For instance I would like my modular wings to be a single switchable part as well, but the stock switcher does not allow for fuel capacity and wing area to be changed.

On 8/13/2018 at 4:35 AM, neistridlar said:

@qromodynmc tonight became tomorrow, but there is now a version with individual parts rather than variants. Be prepared to have your parts browser flooded with tail-pieces.

@TMasterson5 The release also ads the 18CF6 and pylon for it.

the tweakscale patch already included those parts?

On 8/21/2018 at 5:29 PM, StevieC said:

There also seems to not be a 2.5m passenger door

Fixed:

kAXiNRz.png

On 8/15/2018 at 7:53 PM, StevieC said:

3.75m passenger door seems to not want to work.

Fixed:

4yt9atP.png

Also 3.125m cargobay door and structural fuselage:

R8UA6T3.png CLnYNMQ.png

@TMasterson5 If you have already added the 25PD, 31CB and 31CD to the patch as well I would be very impressed :D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.